Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time Magic, Spinning the clock!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Hey fellow wizards,

As everyone has noticed pvp is somewhat debalanced due to the clock. The wizard going first has a plain view of the playing field while the wizard going second can always get countered by a sudden shield popping up in his face. So how to fix this? Lets make a new type of magic! The magic of Time

I created some simple ideas to re-balance pvp and create depth to the game!

Essence of Time:

0 pip
Enchantment (just like colossal its applied on a card)
Effect: Piority to the spell
Cannot be reshuffeld
PvP only

Quick explanation: This enchantment can be placed on any card. When the person casts the enchanted spell the clock wont follow the rules of the spiral! Your spell will go first! The opponent thinks he has the upper hand with a nice colossal enchanted Mammoth only to be overruled by a fiery fire dragon with the time enchantment!

When multiple people cast this enchantment the heigth of the pips matter. The lowest pip spell with enchantment wil go first, then the next lowest, etc. After that the clock will go back to its normal course.
This means that a time enchanted tower shield will always be faster then a time enchanted Levy!

Sands of Time:

Global field spell
2 pips (always 2 pips no time mastery amulet)
Effect: Randomize the clock
Over-time Damage spells last 1 turn longer when cast under this bubble! Heal over time spells last 1 turn longer when cast under this bubble!
Cannot be reshuffeld
PvP only

Quick explanation: a bubble sprouts from the center of the playing field and leaps to the sides covering everything with golden sand particels. Time has been altered! The clock will no longer follow the rules over the spiral! Instead it will go in a random order! Nobody knows how the clock will decide but it could be that the first will be the last! I guess time will tell.... An extra bonus effect is the prolonged DOT and HOT spells, this will give those slow spells more power!

Reversed time

Global field spell
2 pips (always 2 pips no time mastery amulet)
Effect: Heal over Time and Damage over Time apply after the players turn not before.
Cannot be reshuffeld
PvP only

Quick explanation: a bubble sprouts from the center of the playing field and leaps to the sides covering everything is a slow moving blue bubble. Time has been changed! Instead of the DOT and HOT spells to hit you before you are even able to cast your spell it will hit after casting! Imagine being the second wizard, a heckhound comes down and you are already on low health. You have the heal in your hand but you know its to little to late! However your Reversed time bubble is on the field and the tick doesnt apply! You are able to cast your heal and live an other turn! Of course after your heal the damage of the heckhound will apply.

These spells will be dropped by a boss similiar to the Loremaster! However the drop chance will be 20% and not 0.2%.

Thank you for reading, please leave feedback and enjoy your day!

Greetings,

Noah Shadowweaver level 94

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I LOVE this. I bet KI can't or won't do it, but I love the ideas.
Wondering how and if this would affect stun (normally 1 or 2 rounds), beguile, aura (Star magic) spells, and Dark magic spells
It would also change the significance of detonate (i.e. i'm guessing the intent was that a DOT spell would ADD another round of damage = to the normal per round damage not just spead the same total damage out)
Of course this will seriously play to the fire school since they are the DOT masters.
Maybe add another Time Magic enchantment spell to convert any 'normal' spell into a DOT spell. (i.e. 1/2 attack + 1/2 attack over 3 rounds) That way other schools can get more DOT spells (which some have been asking for) and take advantage of the Time Magic bubble you propose.