Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time for Era 2018

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 10, 2015
Hello fellow wizards- i was thinking of some ways to speed up wizard101 into this decade with a few vitals improvements. I hope kingisle considers them.

Visuals

1) It is long time we got some new high texture resolutions for 16 inch monitor displays without it being stretched. Ideally at 60GHZ with G-sink

2) New character creation for better looking wizards. Here is how to introduce it:

Level Hair: X=1 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0-1,-2,-3,-4,-5,-6... on this x-axes would control hair style
Level Hair Height: X+1, X+2 ... on Y axis of x controls how high said hair is on wizards face

... Y=1... for eyes
... Z=1 for hands etc

that would make it so that new players are more likely to pick up this game. Since it wont look like its for little kids

3) Add custom colour pallet. Rather then a choose plate, give us a wheel of color. Then we can choose tone and shade of gear. Rather then picking; silver, green, gold, red

4) Make ark 1-2 animations look closer to what is done in ARK 3. the lack of detail in the lower lvls makes it unlikely to hook new players.

5) Add a new lighting feature for Night and day. Maybe change drops to favor certain at times

GamePlay

Spells; Maybe reintroduce some improved version of our lvl 1-50 spells with more fancy mechanics.

*** Make school choice matter. Not only for the animation but play style.

2) Add a speed combat option Like in Pirate101

3) Maybe something like a 1 buy perma be able to stitch gear. cost something like 5000 crowns

4) Maybe consider reducing round time to 15 seconds at lvl 45, and to 10 seconds at lvl 100. (option in settings)

PETS

1) Perhaps pets should be able to revive their owners with their heal spells (if they got a trait on them for it)
2) Add our pet to monstrology tome so we can fight with it as a minion. Or have it join us through some may cast (Hopping in)
3) Maybe make pets grow in size, and there name color change from white>gray>silver>yellow.>orange>purple
This shows your pet is no weakling and is a boss
4) Maybe make pet outfits, that can provide pets with extra bonuses. EG: may casts, cards, health etc

Spells: (bubbles)

Vitala Mortez: Increases life + death damage by 50% costs 6 pips
Icey flamma: Increases ice+ fire damage by 50% costs 6 pips
Statera Virtue: increases Balance damage by 10%
Praecipteim: Increases storm+ myth damage by 50% costs 6 pips

PACKS:

Possibley make a bundle called mounts and sadels. This would cost 60$ and provide all the mounts + pets of every pack to ever come out.

Another pack called: Hidden closet: provides 10 of the gear from any pack; but its always random

Morgan's backpacker: Provides questing cards +tc+ henchmen for lower lvl wizards. Costs 50 crowns per open.

Maybe recreate the harrows pack for winter, and valentines. SInce its sells best gear in game. SHould not be locked to 1 week in the year

What do ya guys think? can ya improve on my suggestions?

Luke Shadow Thorn

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
I find your ideas clearly laid out but I have a problem with the speed option. What if someone who doesn't want it active is farming Lost Souls but then someone who has it active walks in on the fight, what happens then? If all players don't consent the same way who wins? Does the regular paced forfeit to the speed paced? Pirate101 is a different game from Wizard101, there hasn't been a crossover event because nobody's found a way to properly balance them out properly.

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I suppose so, it would have to for it to work. Or perhaps the fight circle would indicate a clock on it near the players feet. That would indicate a player that the player is in a fast combat mode. Then he would join and be forced to Adust because the Hoast is in fast mode.

Or option c) he would not be able to join at all.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Lukeskywalker1313 on Mar 24, 2018 wrote:
I suppose so, it would have to for it to work. Or perhaps the fight circle would indicate a clock on it near the players feet. That would indicate a player that the player is in a fast combat mode. Then he would join and be forced to Adust because the Hoast is in fast mode.

Or option c) he would not be able to join at all.
So why not just have a different colored circle for fast players then? If fast mode was white, then it would be clearer. But that would make things difficult for lower leveled areas as there is a finite space within the areas, if we have several kinds of duel arenas then we risk over crowding the streets, and despawning a load of creatures. Also this would ironically slow down team up as there would be fast and regular modes. I understand and sympathize with the idea of fast mode, but I have to disagree with implementing it based on the shear ramifications of it's potential negative impact on the actual game pace ironically making things slower.