Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The teacher's origins

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 24, 2008
What made the teachers to teach magic? What inspired them?
If the teachers are reading this, please tell anybody who wants to know.

Thanks

P.S. This way, I'll under stand you guys (and girls) much better.

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
I think that Profesor Drake decided to teach magic because he thought that people would respect him more so they would let him have some peace and quiet.

Like THAT'S ever going to happen! :D

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
What makes teachers decide to teach in real life? A paycheck. Now, that's not the only factor, but it's a big contributor.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
That's funny Quizzical, a "paycheck".....lol. Most teachers are VERY underpaid so most of them do it because it's what they want to do. They want to help teach others what they have learned.

Professor Ambrose sir, I believe you need to pay the teachers of the Spiral more since they do such a wonderful job teaching us.....I for one appreciate it.

Thanks Professors,

Hunter SilverHeart

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
What makes teachers decide to teach in real life? A paycheck. Now, that's not the only factor, but it's a big contributor.

I teach for a living and I can tell you no one who is in teaching does it for the paycheck (if you do it for money you are doing it for the wrong reason). The real value in teaching is watching your students grow in your class, gaining the knowledge, and the ability to use it in the real world. I could go off on rants on this, but won't :)

PS-Most who teach could earn a much bigger paycheck in something else, but...decline the monies in favor of the next generation.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You think most teachers would still do that job even if they didn't get paid? You think most could afford to? It's the same as with any other job: getting paid may not be the only factor in taking the job, but it is a big one.

As far as being "underpaid", compared to what? There isn't some canonical pay scale out there to compare things to, but only supply and demand for labor.