Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The School Game: Meta-Game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2011
One thing that I feel is missing from this otherwise outstanding game is the sense of belonging to a school. Certainly, I get spells and titles and I am only at level 20 so I don't know what is ahead, but I think that a game or sport with an interesting addition. Think of how Quiddith exists in the Harry Potter world.

My idea would revolve around a mini-game or set of mini-games that would would work kind of like the PVP system now. The game could be a duel-based game where your char is matched against another character and whatever points you accrued would be awarded to the school. There would be a leaderboard where people could see the current school scores.

The ratings would be evaluated weekly and monthly and all-time and there would be corresponding rewards for each school being on top. The rewards could be treasure cards, seeds, pets, housing but there would have to be a reward to get people to care about the system. There would be a reset every now and then so that no school could ever dominate the rankings forever keeping the other schools out but there could be the concept of seasons and a hall of fame associated so that results could be recorded for school pride. I also think titles and other associated rewards for individual contributions could be added and perhaps housing trophies and plaques as well.

I know I am throwing an idea out there that needs to be further developed but I know if something like this was implemented, I would certainly take part for the glory of the Ice School and the rewards accrued.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
I think this is a really good idea. But it would need to be more broad. I do not pvp and I am probably never going to. I know you mentioned mini-games, and that is a good idea, but perhaps there could also be an element wherein if you do a dungeon with a group of only your school, and you beat it, your school gets some points. That would really help the schools feel unified, because as it is I almost never have anything to do with another Myth wizard.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah, this is a good idea, but it would be a pain to script, (though we saw their programming power with all the scripts in the Mega Bundle!) and it would just take a long time. I had an idea, which I will now describe.
In cinematic form!

"The Spiral has been consumed by war yet again. The rivalry between the Elemental schools have grown so thick that the truce has shattered. This is the Titan war all over again, only now, the Spiritual schools are forced to take sides. Take control, forge allies, wage war, and overall, lead the charge. The rank system plays out like a Military. The privates are closest to Cannon Fodder, while the Officers are protected with the lives of others. Attacks can come from anywhere, anytime. Watch your back, and protect your allies. Your choices affect every player. Break a treaty, start a war. Make a treaty, slow the war. You will work your way up to the leader of your own army, and you must use tactics never before implemented into Wizard101.

Stealth Tactics: Sneak past enemy lines without them even knowing. infiltrate to rescue, assist, or sabotage. Cover, light, sound, and awareness will all change your enemy's view. Make too much noise, and they'll hear you. Stay out of cover and in the light, and they'll see you. Outsmart your enemies by leaving no traces of yourself. Leave a trail, and they'll follow it. Trick your enemies with all-new sensory spells. Blind enemies, deafen them, or even just knock them to the ground with a good, old-fashioned thump on the head.

Long-Range Tactics: Take out your enemies from afar. Command spells like never before. Fly as the Fire Dragon, swim as the Storm Shark, and before your target can say "Fizzle" the creature will be gone.

Pet and Mount Tactics: Gain complete control over your pets and mounts. Give them abilities to help you fight or traverse. Teach a Manta to swim, exercise your wings to fly, train your cats to run faster than ever before.

Command Tactics: See the battlefield through the eyes of your soldiers. Promote those that follow them, and court-martial those that don't. Issue commands through telepathic abilities, revamped for war.

Faction Tactics: Make or break allies. Get the Myth school on your side, and they'll fight with you. Double-cross the Fire school and they'll attack your soldiers. Or get an upper hand by playing both sides, but be warned, this is risky. Suspect a conspiracy? Move in on a pre-empitve strike.

Character Tactics: Your schools don't just have the students. You have Proffessors, Faculty, and above all, Merle Ambrose if you desperately need advice.

Equipment Tactics: Get your boys the best gear in the business. Wands, armor, and almost anything you can find is implemented in.

Enviromental Tactics: Know the battlefield. Fight on your turf, and gain the upper hand. Fight on their turf, and it's an uphill battle.

Vehicle Tactics: Fight with heavy armor on your side. Tanks, Jeeps, Transports, Motorcycles, Planes, Helo's, even Rocket Ships. Get around the battlefield, safe and fast.

Prisoner Tactics: Hold an officer for ransom, or keep him from his troops. When his unit inevitably falls apart, repel the poorly-coordinated raid aand turn the tide of the war.

Deception Tactics: Activate a disguise, and instantly your allies will be doubled. Until it wears off, at least. If you manage to get in, your Commanding Officer will have a choice. Pull you out, or make you a Double Agent. As a Double Agent, you will face challenges unlike any other soldier, both phyically and mentally. Do you choose to work with the army that has guided you your entire career, or do you betray them, at a chance of getting yourself out of the crazy crossfire? As a Double Agent, your allies will fire on you on the battlefield, but not in their bases. If you uncover a conspiricy, report it. The members will be contacted. Some allies will be made for some, others will be lost for others.

Is death the end? Yes. Is defeat death? Absolutely not. Keep away from the enemy and avoid capture, and eventually you'll teleport back to your closest allied base, by your gaurdian angel who keeps you alive as long as you're needed. You're locked up in the enemy base? Too bad. You need to either get yourself out, or wait for a rescue. Your Gaurdian Angel would help you with this, along with any other major problems. If anyone manages to unite all schools, a common threat will surface: Malistaire Drake, still alive. He will lie, decieve, and fool the world back into war."