Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The perfect solution!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
So how many times do you get tired of questing, then being pulled in battle on the way to your destination? Well I have a solution for you! It came to me earlier in the game when I was thinking "Why do I ALWAYS get pulled into these fights?". And then I had it, they could add a new stealth mode. Stealth mode is activated and deactivated just as easily. It does not change the appearance of your character, except for POSSIBLY fading you out a bit to pinpoint your in stealth. While in stealth mode, you may freely roam the streets. Other wizards will see you, but you will not be detected by enemies and pulled into fights. So whatcha think?

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
I agree. It would greatly help the problem. It may tak some time to do some decoding though, maybe leading to some glitches. Its a good idea and can be possible.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
bravevline wrote:
So how many times do you get tired of questing, then being pulled in battle on the way to your destination? Well I have a solution for you! It came to me earlier in the game when I was thinking "Why do I ALWAYS get pulled into these fights?". And then I had it, they could add a new stealth mode. Stealth mode is activated and deactivated just as easily. It does not change the appearance of your character, except for POSSIBLY fading you out a bit to pinpoint your in stealth. While in stealth mode, you may freely roam the streets. Other wizards will see you, but you will not be detected by enemies and pulled into fights. So whatcha think?

It could work, but if everyone could just roam around anywhere they want without getting caught in a battle then it would be chaos. This could also cause a lag in the game. Plus in places like Marleybone where it has a quest that wants you to gather plants on the roofs, it wouldn't be a challenge. That quest would just be an easy way to gain xp.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
I don't think its a good idea at all.Other people will take advantage of it by using it to avoid usually unavoidable battles.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
bravevline wrote:

There would have to be exceptions, since someone could stealth through a dungeon all the way to the end boss for farming.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
zelda3456147 wrote:
I don't think its a good idea at all.Other people will take advantage of it by using it to avoid usually unavoidable battles.
That is true

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
kingurz wrote:
bravevline wrote:

There would have to be exceptions, since someone could stealth through a dungeon all the way to the end boss for farming.

then ki would ban stealth in dungeons

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
lol it would have to be a spell that cost both mana and health points.

10 mana to cast and health points as long as you use it.

like one health point for every 10 seconds you are in stealth mode.

and then 10 mana cost to cancel it. and

you loose 30 mana and 30 extra life if left on for more than 3 minute.

after awhile it would prove to be an expensive spell to use and abuse.

but it would open up a whole new realm as to how KI could place the mob

when you had to fight them.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bravevline wrote:

That would take the whole point out of street enemies and they'd each have to be in dungeons for you or something. Getting caught isn't a problem at all. It just takes more time for you, that's it. And if you WANTED to fight an enemy, what would you do to get out of it?

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
UH....... I don't think this will work. They already have the whole "flee" option which avoids doing a battle. Even though it costs all your mana, it is just the same concept. KingsIsle won't spend the money to make this huge thing happen when there is something similar. Also, if you don't want to get caught, stick to the side walks (or the wall) and don't cross the street as often. Nice idea, but I don't think it will happen.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
bravevline wrote:

Um...yes. KI, you should get on this. Now? Please? Thank you.