Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Loremaster: Ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
Hello!

I've got a couple of ideas on the Loremaster, added into the game from the Aquila update, in Dragonspyre. They both have to do with the battle. She has 2 cheats currently, Mastery to all schools and the Font of Strength gives a Sun-enhanced BalanceBlade to her.

Now, I'm thinking like a gamer here: How would there be some sort of cheat(s) to make this encounter more difficult? I came up with a couple of ideas on the subject:

Each font does something on a fixed number (3-5) rounds. I was thinking of taking some cheats from other bosses, and changing them up a bit.

Frostbranch (Wintertusk - Austrilund, if I recall right) has the "Mark of Honor" cheats, where you must hit him directly, else he will cast an Efreet upon you. There's also Ervin the Barbarian (Tower of the Helephant - Wysteria), who casts Leviathan on the highest threat wizard after all the minions are gone.

I was thinking of something similar for the Font of Weakness: Casting Dark Juju upon the highest threat Wizard in the combat. If this cheat is successful, then there's another cheat that activates:

There are certain cheats that trigger off of others. All you level 60-90 wizards remember Sylster GlowStorm and Luska CharmBeak in Waterworks? Some cheats trigger off of other cheats, and off of spells cast. Then, for all Wizards who have completed Avalon, everyone knows, and dreads Young Morganthe, who casts Wooly Mammoth due to various triggers, plus the Wards cheats, which casts Earthquake on everyone (including her) and a follow-up with a Nova.

With the cheat of the Dark Juju from the Font of Weakness, a Satyr is cast upon the Font of Weakness from the Font of Life.

There's also one more thing: What about if you kill the Loremaster first? I was thinking of a reversed cheat from Malistaire the Undying, where the battle ends once the minions are dead. If you kill the Loremaster before the fonts, the fonts will have nothing left to do in the combat, and the battle ends.

Just a thought, let me know if people like!

-Mark DeathMask, 85