Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Ivory Tower: Leveling Up IRL

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hello fellow wizards,

If I may, I would like to share some happy news and bestow a little gratitude to KI and the wizarding community.

For the past 5 years, I have been on the upper floors of the Ivory Tower, preparing for the boss fight known as TENURE, a harrowing journey that yields fantastic drops such as life-time employment and academic freedom. The best reward is that I have achieved my dream job, one I have been working toward all my life.

It is hard to jump precisely and regularly through an ever-smaller series of scholarly hoops, which remind of me of the increasingly challenging floors of towers such as BriskBreeze, the Warehouse, and Waterworks. Playing Wizard 101 has taught me some new skills and tested latent ones that helped me win the final boss fight in the Ivory Tower:

Standing my ground -- It's easy to flee, but the penalty is large.
Working in collaboration -- Defeating a powerful monster is tough alone but manageable with a good team.
Managing stressful confrontations -- Strategy, a well-build deck, and patience give me control over most situations.
Cultivating relationships in a multi-age environment -- Age means nothing in the context of strategy, teamwork, and friendships.
Innovation is a virtue -- I learn play-oriented instructional strategies from the game design and the kids who teach me how to play better all the time. Bonus: My students love to learn :)

Thanks, KI and my wizard friends, for helping me defeat the Ivory Tower. I look forward to further adventures in the Great Spiral 8)

Queenlybluebean, Assistant Professor of English, Transcended Theurgist, Happy Wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
LOL, thanks :)

The best part is that I can afford my Wizard sub :) Ah, prosperity!

Qbb

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Congrats qbb!!

Be mindful of the ever elusive dispell, they tend to increase in the upper tiers. Keep a wand on guard at all times.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
kingurz wrote:
Congrats qbb!!

Be mindful of the ever elusive dispell, they tend to increase in the upper tiers. Keep a wand on guard at all times.

I carry a small deck in less hostile areas :) Mostly Minor Blessings, Shields, Steal Charms, Shatter, the occasional Regenerate, and Judgement. Oh, and the ever necessary wand, perferrably the Staff of the Sidhefor that nice power pip boost XD

Never can tell what a scholarly wizard will encounter in the Commons or in the Classroom!

Thanks for your sage advice, @kingurz!

Qbb

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
windwarrior700 wrote:
i've never heard of the ivory tower. what world is it in?

Hi Windwarrior700,

The Ivory Tower is a metaphor for university, college, and other academic entities within the institution of higher education. Fortunately, it is not really a part of Wizard101. That would be one gnarly dungeon, believe me.

Qbb

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
windwarrior700 wrote:
i've never heard of the ivory tower. what world is it in?

It's not a real place... It's a metaphor, for how the things we learn in-game can cross over to our real lives.

Congrats, qbb, and don't forget your shields!