Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Dark Side.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
55
I personally think that after we defeat Morganthe we should be able to choose if we want to be on Merle's side or Morganthe's side. That would be a really cool thing to do because for those people out there that are tired of fighting for good. Maybe we could choose to be on the bad side at the beginning of the game like after you take the test it says... Would you like to be on The Light Side or The Dark Side. Post your replies at the bottom. See you in the spiral. - IsaacTitanHunter Level 30

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
IsaacTH2208 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
I personally think that after we defeat Morganthe we should be able to choose if we want to be on Merle's side or Morganthe's side. That would be a really cool thing to do because for those people out there that are tired of fighting for good. Maybe we could choose to be on the bad side at the beginning of the game like after you take the test it says... Would you like to be on The Light Side or The Dark Side. Post your replies at the bottom. See you in the spiral. - IsaacTitanHunter Level 30
But if we defeat Morganthe, how will we be on her side? That's kinda what you said.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
To do this idea would in effect require making an entire new game. They'd have to write a whole second storyline of quests for every world. Also, how could you possibly have wizards on both sides being successful in every world? One side has to lose.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
45
wraithcaster on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
But if we defeat Morganthe, how will we be on her side? That's kinda what you said.
Ya I agree with you if she's defeated how will be on the dark side who will be the leader when Morgante is defeated anyway see you in Pirate101 and Wizard101 one will win one will lose

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
204
IsaacTH2208 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
I personally think that after we defeat Morganthe we should be able to choose if we want to be on Merle's side or Morganthe's side. That would be a really cool thing to do because for those people out there that are tired of fighting for good. Maybe we could choose to be on the bad side at the beginning of the game like after you take the test it says... Would you like to be on The Light Side or The Dark Side. Post your replies at the bottom. See you in the spiral. - IsaacTitanHunter Level 30
Like it but the choice can't be in the beginning of the game it would have to be before you deal the last resort to Morganthe. And yea it would kinda take a lot of requirements and I don't think Ki is big enough to make to main storylines at the same time. Again I like the idea just its a little bit hard to make it.

Survivor
May 16, 2011
1
Well what if marganthe has a twin sister twice as evil as she is then she would take over the dark side just like malistare we still havent defeated him yet so it would be them plus the dark side wizards i mean the new shadow spells they should of made it as new wizards of the shadows to me i like that because having a dark side of wizards would be crazy but much fun. Edward AngleStrider

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
307
seethe42 on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
To do this idea would in effect require making an entire new game. They'd have to write a whole second storyline of quests for every world. Also, how could you possibly have wizards on both sides being successful in every world? One side has to lose.
Well maybe sometime the dark side people have a quest where they then come back to the light side cause the evil person is a jerk and keeps bossing them around and the wizards are all like what man, leave me alone and then they decide that evil is well evil and wizards aren't meant to be evil and they join the light side <3

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
45
SpellCaster

one side will win say if we go to yago mentioned in wystery if dark fails because good always win then what will are you keep going to every world failing

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
4
Isaacth2208, we should be on Merle's side because I think we could be able to defeat morganeth
Anthony Owl Hunter level 24 necromancer

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
4
We should beat morganthe because we will rule the galaxy
Anthony owl hunter 24 necromancer

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
2
wraithcaster on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
But if we defeat Morganthe, how will we be on her side? That's kinda what you said.
well if we defeated her shes gonna play mind games like telling us her past and stuff to feel sorry for her....then shes gonna say "join me wizard..be the new prince of darkness or stuff like that..feel free to reply ^^

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
112
MythWizardForeves on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
Well maybe sometime the dark side people have a quest where they then come back to the light side cause the evil person is a jerk and keeps bossing them around and the wizards are all like what man, leave me alone and then they decide that evil is well evil and wizards aren't meant to be evil and they join the light side <3

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
So basically what merle does, you myth...

-John AshForge, level 95 ice

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
29
wraithcaster on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
But if we defeat Morganthe, how will we be on her side? That's kinda what you said.
Just because we defeat Morganthe doesn't mean that she is dead.... she might rise by using a shadow spell. My theory is that she will use such powerful magic at the end that if we don't defeat her and she dies completely, i think that she will die because of use of powerful shadow magic and the backlash will destroy her once and for all. Or here is another theory...

Another possibility i am thinking is once we defeat Morganthe, (dont forget about the new ally feature). The Celestial choir wont stop singing and morganthe will join us to defeat the celestial choir because she is the only one who knows how to stop them due to her using her own magic to re-construct the ancient Aztecasaurs.

Dont forget i beleive that we may be seing some old friends in the Shadow palace. Tse-Tse Snake Tail from Zafaria , Yacate Farwalker From Azteca, Big Salgio from celestia, and some others that may be with us or against us like Belloq.

Those are my theories.

Jack Darkflame- Level 95 Promethean Pyromancer

Jack IceSpear- Level 65 Legendary Thaughmaturge

Survivor
Apr 27, 2014
1
I like the idea, but it would be hard to make.

Zachary DarkFlame

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
1
fire warrior on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
SpellCaster

one side will win say if we go to yago mentioned in wystery if dark fails because good always win then what will are you keep going to every world failing

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster
Are you Crazy good doesn't always win

I would think that would be a grand idea dark has way stronger spells anyways or powers for that matter.

Go Dark Side

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
2
Yeah i think we should have the choice to be on the evil side or the good side because the spell we get are getting old and if we go on the bad side we could get new spells and start fresh with a whole new story and cooler worlds we have to go on and the evil and good side can have a great battle like dueling but with out having ranks and maybe like world if war craft we get to start with a level 50 or any level so we don't have to start off as a noob and then you can fight you're friends and show off the new shadow spells. I hope you do this morganth side and good side so we could have a better experince. nicholas level 82

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
In other games aimed at different audiences, this choice of dark side or light side can be interesting. There are a lot of games out there that do give that option.

But I don't really think it fits the aim and the genre of game that Wizard101 is. This is light, family friendly gaming that begins with really young kids. This kind of game is actually intended to support a generally positive gaming experience, one that parents are happy to let their kids participate in, and might even want to join their kids in. Though it fails in some areas (mean chat, beggars, etc.), that is more due to the choices of some of the players in the game than it is due to the game design. But most parents don't really want to teach their kids that it is OK and fun to go to the dark side.

So for this game, Wizard101, I disagree with the OP. I don't think the choice to go dark is really appropriate for this particular genre and audience.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
125
Nah, lets just keep it the way it is. Maybe we don't have to change a whole storyline?
Hrm, lets just make auras! :D

Don't see how that would work.

Nah, i'd be good anyway.

Champion
May 10, 2013
483
Sorry, Merle.

But PlayHard101 is going to the dark side.

(LOL)

If it were to happen.
Probably not, it wouldn't make sense for a game like Wizard101.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
186
fire warrior on Dec 14, 2013 wrote:
Ya I agree with you if she's defeated how will be on the dark side who will be the leader when Morgante is defeated anyway see you in Pirate101 and Wizard101 one will win one will lose

Blaze Spellcaster

Hunter Spellcaster
her ghost can say you are a great fighter and ask you if you would like to take over for her. if you do, you get a crown and everything!

Explorer
May 08, 2014
92
Am I the only one who thought of star wars when reading this

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
151
Ricochety on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Am I the only one who thought of star wars when reading this
Yeah, I was thinking: "Will we get to learn force choke and use a cool red lightsaber wand?"