Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Cooperative Loophole

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
The only thing I love more than playing Wizard101 is playing Wizard101 with friends. However, after playing through multiple worlds on a new wizard with one of my friends, we soon found a way to guarantee victory in every one of our dungeons, boss battles, and general player vs enemy games. If one of us were KO'ed, we could simply leave the match, chug a potion, and teleport back to our friend with full health before the next round of that same match even started. This way, we could win games that would otherwise be impossible solo at our levels and generally made the game too easy. We tried to avoid using this method, but it was easy to use and would help us beat tougher challenges. My friend and I propose a solution to this loophole. We suggest implementing a new rule that only allows you to rejoin a battle you fled from only once or perhaps not at all. What does the player/developer community think about implementing this new rule? What other possible solutions are there to this problem? I would love to hear your thoughts!
Thank you and have fun on the spiral!
~ Bunnykinz13

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I do not believe this is a problem and is an intended game mechanic. I do not see it being well received by many players, especially younger players.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
bunnykinz13 on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
The only thing I love more than playing Wizard101 is playing Wizard101 with friends. However, after playing through multiple worlds on a new wizard with one of my friends, we soon found a way to guarantee victory in every one of our dungeons, boss battles, and general player vs enemy games. If one of us were KO'ed, we could simply leave the match, chug a potion, and teleport back to our friend with full health before the next round of that same match even started. This way, we could win games that would otherwise be impossible solo at our levels and generally made the game too easy. We tried to avoid using this method, but it was easy to use and would help us beat tougher challenges. My friend and I propose a solution to this loophole. We suggest implementing a new rule that only allows you to rejoin a battle you fled from only once or perhaps not at all. What does the player/developer community think about implementing this new rule? What other possible solutions are there to this problem? I would love to hear your thoughts!
~ Bunnykinz13
First things first: it's not a problem.

Secondly, if you want to be kept out of a battle, then don't port back. It's a simple solution that doesn't require messing up everybody else's gaming experience.

It's not a loophole, it's not a problem, so there's no need for a "solution". It's part of the game. Taking a choice away from others to stop you from making that choice doesn't make sense.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Good points, I guess it isn't an issue after all. It should be up to the player then if if or she wants the extra challenge.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
~ Bunnykinz13
No, pirate101 has this and I absolutely hate it and this isn't really a loophole either, it's very helpful for "difficult" fights

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
~ Bunnykinz13
No. If this was implemented it would take forever to beat some dungeons. My sister and I teamed up on Mount Olympus when we both unlocked it and the number of times we fled and used potions could equal the height of Mount Olympus itself. And in my opinion, it made it harder and more anticipating, especially relying on a dying teammate to live, in one scenario.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fable Finder on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
No. If this was implemented it would take forever to beat some dungeons. My sister and I teamed up on Mount Olympus when we both unlocked it and the number of times we fled and used potions could equal the height of Mount Olympus itself. And in my opinion, it made it harder and more anticipating, especially relying on a dying teammate to live, in one scenario.
Well what I mean by harder is it didn't make it easier, just more anticipating.