Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Chat Request

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2016
In my opinion, there are still a lot of things that could be improved with the chat system.

I can understand the censorship. I do. But I do not understand why it is so complicated? I have a friend that is 19+, that I know very well in real life who cannot use open chat because the account was made five years ago. We have contacted Kings Isle support, and the answers were so unsatisfactory we quit the game for a few months to clear our heads.

It is made doubly frustrating because we are all college students and half of our vocabulary cannot be used in the game. So we use an outside chat source and this often delays our reactionary speed in game. This is my number one headache inducing problem with the chat system. The censorship itself I don't mind, but it's execution has induced many a migraine.

However, I love the new ability to toggle chat windows more easily. It is such a boon when juggling active quests, group quests and friend chats. (Even when sometimes all are with the same people). I also like the new emotes so much I spent nearly half a day speaking in just emotes. Personal chat channels seem a little unknown right now, but I'm sure they will find their own niche and be useful somewhere.

My request (and I beg you thoroughly) is to please implement notifications. When I close my chat window, I sometimes don't even notice someone has written in the group or personal chat for sometimes up to an hour. Perhaps something that notifies us when the chat window is closed that someone has sent us a message? Kind of like how personal chats work now.

It is needed so much, and thank you.