Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The best thing about wizard101 for me...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
I have played MMOs for along time now , in fact I think I have tried em all.
Myself and my girlfriend have just come over from World of Warcraft and I already know why this game is VASTLY superior. The community. We just quit WoW over people asking for --- (you can guess) over trade chat and we reported and nothing , in fact we were told it was not against their rules. Anyway here we do not worry about that stupidity because of filters (that work) and Kingsisle seems intent on keeping the problems away (granted there probably are some). Anyway I dont feel rushed to get to the endgame because for once I am actually enjoying getting to the next level. Dieing really doesnt bother me (and if you knew me well...lol). I also have played alot of CCG/TCG games and I love the deck building , I have soloed Nightshade and beat him because I played my cards well (granted he did kill me later because of fizzles but I laughed). All in all hopefully I will be playing this for along time to come. One note , alot of people have complained about mounts. Now i understand why (cost is steep) but if you are haveing fun in the game focus on that , believe me mounts are nothing (farm for months on WoW to get a mount and youll see why lol). Anyways have fun all and maybe I will see ya ingame.

Noran Deathdreamer 17 necromancer (and happy player)

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
I am so happy to hear something positive for a change. I too love this game. Sure I get aggravated at times with some things but I keep trying and coming back for more. I've one Grandmaster Storm and one of all other schools at level 46 or higher. I also started two family accounts so I could have more lol. I love starting a new wizard and just experimenting with the different schools. And now that they're adding some other secondary schools it will just become more interesting and fun for me. With the addition of Celestia coming sometime in summer there's always going to be something to do. I have gotten a Master Artisan badge yet but I'm working on it. I've met alot of people here and become friends. I've tried playing WOW and I have to admit I don't care for it personally. This game suits me much better. I've heard many complaints and some of them are valid but you're always going to have some people that aren't happy about anything. I prefer to just go my own way doing my own thing and keep my mouth shut if I can't say something nice. Does that make me a wimp lol?? Anyway welcome aboard and I hope both of you have as much fun as I've had.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
I agree, this is an AWESOME game! I started playing last Friday night and just could not put it down! I bugged my husband into playing as well, and he seems to be having a lot of fun too! I'm having more fun with this than I've had with any MMO since the open beta of Ragnarok Online (back in about 2002) and this is a much better game than Ragnarok! The worlds are gorgeous, I like being able to HEAR people (NPCs) talk to me, the turn-based battle system takes reflexes out of things and makes battles more interesting than "click it 'till it dies" (which is what you end up with in mos MMOs). Attacks are inventive and fully-animated, and a lot of the enemies look funny when they die!
It's also quite nice that you're not punished (loss of gold/xp/items) for dieing, so if you get a less-than-ideal combination of cards or too many fizzles at the wrong time, you can just get back up and try again without having lost anything.
The graphics are perfect, too! No risk of "uncanny valley" if you have your settings turned to low, because everything is animated, and beautifully drawn (well, Lady Oriel looks a little creepy--her eyes are strange). It's a gorgeous, immersive world. I'm very glad you don't have to worry about walking off the edge though, that'd be quite the long fall! (I am not a big fan of heights, but it's more that I'm afraid of falling.)
I can't even really say all of why I love this game, it's just AWESOME beyond words!

Cassandra Starblade 15 Life
Gavin Winterforge 10 Ice (I made a boy just to try it)