Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Battle Lock - Keep the Battle to Yourself

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Are you a soloer? Don't want anyone to join your battles? Sick and tired of them stealing your traps?
We should have the Battle Lock.

It works like this. You enter a battle (you must be first person and only person, if someone else joins the Lock fades) and there is a Lock in the corner. Click the lock and your battle is... BATTLE LOCKED. Click it again to UNLOCK.

Now no one can annoy me and interrupt my battles!
Now I can fight solo!

Open for ideas and additions to the Battle Lock!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Are you a soloer? Don't want anyone to join your battles? Sick and tired of them stealing your traps?

It works like this. You enter a battle (you must be first person and only person, if someone else joins the Lock fades) and there is a Lock in the corner. Click the lock and your battle is... BATTLE LOCKED. Click it again to UNLOCK.

Now I can fight solo!

guess what
ya can lock your battles to outsiders with a few steps
get 3 friends and have them all join your group
there now the battle is locked to anyone not in the group
and tell the friends not to go in the fight

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
No. This ruins the entire purpose of the game being an MMORPG.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I am not big on soloeing, but i think a trap lock would be good as well becuause i like to build up damage, but when a noob in DS joins me and uses all my traps on a bloodbat, i get so mad. I think a trap lock and battle lock would be nice.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Now I can fight solo!

i like this idea, though i would say that if you are in a group that is down people (3 out of 4 circles filled say) that the other group members can jump in and join without breaking the Battle Lock.

Also carry the concept over to tower/dungeon entrances. If you want to know why just look at the Halloween towers, me and my GF have trouble getting in on a 2 player run because there are a hoard of under geared, under leveled, less than 1000 HP, players trying to jump on at the last second in hopes of high level players carrying them through. All they do is add more mobs, and drag the other players down, and we should have the option to not be forced to play with them.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I have to say i love this idea! I am a solo wizard too and i hate people just jumping in without asking. I really hate it when they get pulled in and then flee. I think this would be a great idea.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
JinZah wrote:
Also carry the concept over to tower/dungeon entrances. If you want to know why just look at the Halloween towers, me and my GF have trouble getting in on a 2 player run because there are a hoard of under geared, under leveled, less than 1000 HP, players trying to jump on at the last second in hopes of high level players carrying them through. All they do is add more mobs, and drag the other players down, and we should have the option to not be forced to play with them.

I have soloed the Master Tower while farming for a pet there. If it is busy I simply switch realms. I had one person try to enter with me in all the times I have fought it and that was a lot of times.

On the original idea in this thread-

I generally don't like this idea especially on new content or favorite farming areas. Battle locks could prevent people from finishing their quest in those two situations. I just don't understand this hang up with traps. They can be replaced and are supposed to be used. Every hit helps defeat the NPC.

I have my own battle lock called a perfect realm. I rarely venture off of them and can solo to my hearts content without problems.

Megan

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Now I can fight solo!

i don't know about this idea, but maybe an addition could be setting your battle for only a certian level. just so that lower level players won't "ruin" the battle

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
sorry, but the streets are public areas.

You want a private battle? Go fight a boss in a no port tower.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Now I can fight solo!

Although I am sometimes annoyed when a low level wastes my traps with a Thunder Snake, the Battle Lock sort of kills the purpose of this being a multiplayer game, you are supposed to interact and play and have fun together.