Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 3rd Arc

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Congratulations! You've finally graduated from Ravenwood! After keeping not one, but two Titans asleep. Defeating many a various boss and the Queen of the Shadow Web herself. And, let's not forget, freeing the archenemy of Grandmother Raven. It seems about time. But the festivities are interrupted by a cold breeze that pierced through even Bartleby and made him fall ill. According to his self-diagnosis, the breeze came from 'where Land meets Sky'; or Polaris. So we venture there and help the Pingouins reclaim Polaris from the cold-hearted reign of Antuskette, whose adviser is none other than a child of Grandfather Spider himself. As described by the Zafarians of old:

'And last, the Rat, eldest of Spider's children, a mad creature of corrupting influence! He steals into men's minds and makes them his puppets!'

So we learn of Spider's plan to unravel the Spiral, by having his children destroy so-called 'Borealis Gemstones', and the Rat headed straight for the Sky Anchor Peak in Polaris. Where Land meets Sky and are kept together by a Seam of Borealis. But while Polaris was one world Spider told his children to visit; there are 2 more names and 2 other suggestions:

'Fly through the Spiral, to Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage, to the Hidden Lands and the Broken Shores.'

Now we've visited Polaris already, to protect the Sky Anchor from the Rat, but the others we've yet to see. We've not met anyone from the last 3 or had any other mention of the last 2, so I assume Mirage is the next world. Nalia Dunestrider represented some form of magical school in the Spiral Cup, the same school I assume Qismah Shasa would have attended and possibly taught at. But what do we know of Mirage?

From the natives we've talked to, it's an Arabic 'oasis in a desert of mystery' inhabited by feline people. And from some dialogue about 'The Desert Star' we learn that it is 'ruled by petty warlords who squabble over empty sands' and had connections with Celestia. Now which enemy might we expect to meet in Mirage?

'Here we have the Scorpion, a master Alchemist and ruthless warlord, prophesied to rise from the desert sands and steal the sun!'

Scorpion, desert. Ruthless warlord, petty warlords. Desert sands, it's essentially confirmed that we'll be facing the Scorpion in Mirage. But what would they be doing there? Stealing the sun? How would that affect Borealis Gemstones? We don't have much to go on there, and I don't have enough room to really continue in detail on anything, so what do you think will happen in the 3rd arc? Have any helpful info or speculation? Well, whatever it is, make sure to leave a reply with your thoughts or help, thanks.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Blaze Sandblade on Sep 7, 2016 wrote:
Congratulations! You've finally graduated from Ravenwood! After keeping not one, but two Titans asleep. Defeating many a various boss and the Queen of the Shadow Web herself. And, let's not forget, freeing the archenemy of Grandmother Raven. It seems about time. But the festivities are interrupted by a cold breeze that pierced through even Bartleby and made him fall ill. According to his self-diagnosis, the breeze came from 'where Land meets Sky'; or Polaris. So we venture there and help the Pingouins reclaim Polaris from the cold-hearted reign of Antuskette, whose adviser is none other than a child of Grandfather Spider himself. As described by the Zafarians of old:

'And last, the Rat, eldest of Spider's children, a mad creature of corrupting influence! He steals into men's minds and makes them his puppets!'

So we learn of Spider's plan to unravel the Spiral, by having his children destroy so-called 'Borealis Gemstones', and the Rat headed straight for the Sky Anchor Peak in Polaris. Where Land meets Sky and are kept together by a Seam of Borealis. But while Polaris was one world Spider told his children to visit; there are 2 more names and 2 other suggestions:

'Fly through the Spiral, to Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage, to the Hidden Lands and the Broken Shores.'

Now we've visited Polaris already, to protect the Sky Anchor from the Rat, but the others we've yet to see. We've not met anyone from the last 3 or had any other mention of the last 2, so I assume Mirage is the next world. Nalia Dunestrider represented some form of magical school in the Spiral Cup, the same school I assume Qismah Shasa would have attended and possibly taught at. But what do we know of Mirage?

From the natives we've talked to, it's an Arabic 'oasis in a desert of mystery' inhabited by feline people. And from some dialogue about 'The Desert Star' we learn that it is 'ruled by petty warlords who squabble over empty sands' and had connections with Celestia. Now which enemy might we expect to meet in Mirage?

'Here we have the Scorpion, a master Alchemist and ruthless warlord, prophesied to rise from the desert sands and steal the sun!'

Scorpion, desert. Ruthless warlord, petty warlords. Desert sands, it's essentially confirmed that we'll be facing the Scorpion in Mirage. But what would they be doing there? Stealing the sun? How would that affect Borealis Gemstones? We don't have much to go on there, and I don't have enough room to really continue in detail on anything, so what do you think will happen in the 3rd arc? Have any helpful info or speculation? Well, whatever it is, make sure to leave a reply with your thoughts or help, thanks.
I have a couple of ideas, and Mirage is indeed the next world. Here on Earth, we can't live without the sun. Maybe in the Spiral, nothing can live without the sun too? That may be how Grandfather Spider and The Scorpion plan on destroying the Spiral in Mirage.

I'm pretty sure we'll be fighting The Scorpion in Mirage, and maybe The Bat in Empyrea? I don't know what we'll be doing in the fourth or fifth worlds. Fitzhume stated it would be obnoxious to imagine a lowly Wizard as ourselves to be fighting a Firstworld being such as Grandfather Spider, so I have no idea how the ending will play out. There have also been posts of there being a Grandfather Spider fight in Mirage, so I really don't know how that'll play out either.

Kingsisle stated when they first released Celestia that what happens at the end of the second arc will impact what we do in the arcs after that. I'm assuming that whatever Grandfather Spider does at the end of the 3rd arc will affect what we do in the fourth and fifth arcs.

I've also seen threads where people suspect Mellori to be a daughter of Grandmother Raven. Fitzhume stated that Mellori is in the Life school currently at Ravenwood, and at the end of Polaris, Baba Yaga stated, "perhaps his condition will improve now... perhaps", implying that Bartleby will recover slightly with Mellori's aid. My guess is that Grandmother Raven created Mellori to help Bartleby recover and to help the Wizard fight against Grandfather Spider, and to maybe even prevent us from being corrupted by Shadow.

It should be noted that Fitzhume refused to speak more about Mellori beside the fact she is a Life Wizard.

There's also Cantrips magic that we still have yet to delve into, along with the Shadow scholar's room in the Arcanum.

Either way, I'm very excited to see how the story progresses in Mirage in just a few more months.