Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 200k GOLD limit is messed up!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
The 200k GOLD limit is messed up because what if i want more so i dont have to go farm over and over. It is really boaring, I mean yea i get good armor but what if i want like 1,000,000 then i dont have to go farm every time i hatch or buy something

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
well, you usually dont find thing over 100,000, so unless you are buying a house in the crown shop, you should be good for some time.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
morrganator wrote:
The 200k GOLD limit is messed up because what if i want more so i dont have to go farm over and over. It is really boaring, I mean yea i get good armor but what if i want like 1,000,000 then i dont have to go farm every time i hatch or buy something

I totally agree on this, because this also creats a problem with the inventory, say you got max gold and max spaces for bags, banks full to, besides switching to other characters how are you suppose to sell if u got max, but how are you suppose to get more if you are full?
so once again totally agree on that lol

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
This is true. I think there should be a 1,000,000 Gold limit or no limit. I know other games that also have a limit. But, I don't see why there's a limit at all.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
morrganator wrote:
The 200k GOLD limit is messed up...

I have to agree with you. There are many times I have a full backpack, and I need to sell some stuff off to make room, but I already have too much gold. So I'm forced to buy something I really don't need, or outright trash the stuff in my backpack.

Many of the times, my backpack is full of stuff that I really don't need, from helping younger wizards battle. I would like to be rewarded for that work and sell the stuff off in the Bazaar instead of just throwing it away. However, many times I can't sell because I am "too close to max gold".

200,000 seems to be an arbitrary number. It does not match any sort of computer based number boundary. I can't imagine it would be a technical issue to increase the maximum allowed.

Many of my friends and I run into this issue, so I know it's not just me. We should be able to save up our gold and perhaps spend it on some more expensive, highly coveted items in the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)

Defender
May 24, 2009
some of you may ask why not but i ask why? why would you need more money if you get stuff from quests and battles put it in your bank thats why your bank is there it isnt something to just sit there idle as a decoration.

You could spend the money on so many things in the game you could buy castles and decorate them because i doubt you have 3 houses with max decorations in them you could buy treasure cards and trade them you can craft and you can even craft a manniquin to put the cloths you have collected on display and show them proudly. you can garden and get plenty of rewards. And like you stated you could hatch pets and proudly show of your pet wherever you go this list could go on and on.

there's so many things to do in this game dont be ignorant try all of them and i am sure you will put a sizeable dent in your gold amount

joseph wyrmbane and joseph duskspear legendary spirits

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Well, i sorta agree with storm school 99, there really is no need for it, but it would be nice if it was higher.

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
joey987123 wrote:
some of you may ask why not but i ask why? why would you need more money if you get stuff from quests and battles put it in your bank thats why your bank is there it isnt something to just sit there idle as a decoration.

(...)

there's so many things to do in this game dont be ignorant try all of them and i am sure you will put a sizeable dent in your gold amount

joseph wyrmbane and joseph duskspear legendary spirits

Hey Joseph,

Surprisingly enough, I do ALL of those things. But I use my bank to hold things that I want to keep (like my party hat, or santa beard, and outfits that I want to save for special occations)

Many times my backpack fills up because I am helping younger wizards with their quests. None of that stuff is something I want to keep, and I usually just need to quickly clean out my backpack so I can get back to helping them. I don't usually have several hours to spend cafting or decorating my many properties right then. I just need to sell stuff off and I will use that gold for housing or crafting at a later time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)