Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tempest is way too unfair a spell!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2009
9
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


Blizzard, Ice's 4 pip spell, if properly bladed and trapped can also do 1 million damage as the Tempest spell did and it is only 4 pips!

Storm has lower health and accuracy, that is why their spells are stronger. If you train storm as your second school, you will fizzle, A LoT!
And last but not least, Stormzilla was the last spell, because it was not too overpowered for people training storm as a secondary spell.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
369
Storm is, without a doubt, the strongest basic school in the game when it comes to raw damage output.

But... Have you ever met a low-level storm wizard? Have you noticed that they fizzle at least one third of their spells? Have you noticed that it takes absolutely NOTHING to knock them out due to their health being abysmally low?

Storm is the opposite of Ice and Life in terms of stats. Extremely high damage (vs. Ice with the lowest basic damage), the lowest possible health (vs. Ice with the highest possible) and the absolutely worst accuracy of all schools (vs. Life with the highest). Storm is based around hitting fast and hard, and praying that they manage to hit hard enough before their enemy uses them as a doormat. Even their spells (Insane Bolt, anyone?) is meant towards doing as much damage as possible, as fast as possible.

In contrast, the Ice class is built to survive - being that they have natural access to the Tower Shield spell, gear that is designed towards resistances, stuns, and SEVERAL spells that pull monsters' attention onto themselves.

So Tempest is unfair, only if you compare directly point per point with the spells of other classes. But would that mean that the Death wizard's Feint makes them overpowered? Or what about the Balance wizard's ability to ignore everything but a Tower Shield in their way? Or the Fire wizard's ability to burn away your shield and damage you for several rounds while they build up pips to destroy you utterly? Or the Myth wizard's ability to remove your defences and blades? Or the Life wizard's ability to heal themselves and laugh at anything that doesn't knock them out in one hit? Or the Ice wizard's ability to stun, shield and taunt anything they come across?

All wizards are different, with their specialties and weaknesses.

After all, mastery comes not purely in the terms of raw damage. I'm, frankly, a whole lot more scared of a Myth wizard than a Storm wizard.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2179
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


What I think Brian0524 is that you have played this game long enough to know how it works.

The damage for Tempest is 80 per pip. The buffs that can be used to increase the damage plus depending on the target if it is Myth, there is additional BOOST. I have seen tempest do extremely high damage but I was also in that battle with a storm wizard using it. Infact, I added some blades and traps to help increase that damage.

You know that Storm is the lowest in health and low accuracy. Ergo, high damage with the proper buffs and gear, can determine the outcome for that wizard. Storm fizzes a lot so when they do get a good solid hit it can be devastating. Look at what storms can do in real life. They can fizzle out or do so much damage it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get things back to normal. Hurricanes and tornadoes are generally short lived, but do millions of dollars worth of damage.

Now, I think it is time that everyone stops picking on storm. Friend a storm wizard or create one. You will appreciate their abilities in due time.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
40
well, just back at you
I have seen an Ice Wizard resist that amount and more
all schools have their problems- that's what makes it work

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
You realize, with the correct setup, a small level 1 spell has a chance at hitting a million, right?

Also, at the level you get it, storms generally dont have that much boost, so its usually just around 80 damage per pip, and do you know actually how much setup a storm attack like that will take to be effective? With 7 pips (and plenty of bad luck), it only does 560 damage, and at best, that is 5 turns of waiting, each enemy has a chance to get 6 pips each, with an urge to heal, it can take away 1-4 pips, delaying the tempest even farther, and by the time you get enough pips to finish them, you probably would be better off taking them down one by one, I dont really see much advantage to this at that level (this is one of the first tempest arguments that I have seen, that doesnt bring up pvp )

Storm has to have some 1ups on everyone that arent storm, right? Just like life has the most heals, fire has the most DoTs, death has the most steals, most of those arent trainable, right? And why kraken is same damage as colossus, is simple. Ice is the school that has the weakest attacks, while storm has the most, two completely opposite things, and shouldnt really be compared to each other.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
Oh srsly now Tempest? What's next Storm wand is too unfair?

Seriously, there are shields... Improve your strategy and start shielding! Don't do 4v4 that's where you will face the most storm teams... Use your brain that's why we have one.

Some players really need to stop complaining about Storm... Kraken, Triton, Bolt and Stormzilla all of our darn spells always being complain! Yet I don't see Myth or Death spells complain about, Not even Ice over-rated gear...

You guys were given the ability to do high attacks with critical system, Something That Was Storm Ability!

The stupidity of people keeps going on and on...




Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
darthjt wrote:
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


Blizzard, Ice's 4 pip spell, if properly bladed and trapped can also do 1 million damage as the Tempest spell did and it is only 4 pips!

Storm has lower health and accuracy, that is why their spells are stronger. If you train storm as your second school, you will fizzle, A LoT!
And last but not least, Stormzilla was the last spell, because it was not too overpowered for people training storm as a secondary spell.
couldnt say it better.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
60
Come on! Really? The reason the guy did that much damage is 1.He had tons of charms and traps and 2. He had full power pips. Tempests damage is based on the amount of pips so that means it takes time. Storm has low health so my advice to you is hit them hard and hit them early. Trust me this is coming from a storm wizard.

James thunderblade level 69 diviner
James ice blade level 6 thaumaturge XD

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
356
irishfanpro wrote:
Come on! Really? The reason the guy did that much damage is 1.He had tons of charms and traps and 2. He had full power pips. Tempests damage is based on the amount of pips so that means it takes time. Storm has low health so my advice to you is hit them hard and hit them early. Trust me this is coming from a storm wizard.

James thunderblade level 69 diviner
James ice blade level 6 thaumaturge XD
yes i don't care who's stonger it all about how you use it like if you use judgement( i dislike that you have to start from square one after you uses it, and it is so hard to block or weaken that balance wizards like to use it over and over like a rerun) and tempest is no deferenent they both take all you pips and get stronger for every pip you have but it can be block with a storm shiuld and it can heat all eniemies.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
darthjt wrote:
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


Blizzard, Ice's 4 pip spell, if properly bladed and trapped can also do 1 million damage as the Tempest spell did and it is only 4 pips!

Storm has lower health and accuracy, that is why their spells are stronger. If you train storm as your second school, you will fizzle, A LoT!
And last but not least, Stormzilla was the last spell, because it was not too overpowered for people training storm as a secondary spell.
oh god dont you know sorm wizard get the accuracy problem fixed at LEVEL 45!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!???

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
goldendragon18 wrote:
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


What I think Brian0524 is that you have played this game long enough to know how it works.

The damage for Tempest is 80 per pip. The buffs that can be used to increase the damage plus depending on the target if it is Myth, there is additional BOOST. I have seen tempest do extremely high damage but I was also in that battle with a storm wizard using it. Infact, I added some blades and traps to help increase that damage.

You know that Storm is the lowest in health and low accuracy. Ergo, high damage with the proper buffs and gear, can determine the outcome for that wizard. Storm fizzes a lot so when they do get a good solid hit it can be devastating. Look at what storms can do in real life. They can fizzle out or do so much damage it takes a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get things back to normal. Hurricanes and tornadoes are generally short lived, but do millions of dollars worth of damage.

Now, I think it is time that everyone stops picking on storm. Friend a storm wizard or create one. You will appreciate their abilities in due time.
WOW are you still a lvl 43 storm wizard i am WAY past that im lvl 58 and got leviathan i got 96% accuracy and kill 8,000 health bosses in one shot or two. ICE is being picked on by storm wizard and some ice wizards will not stop picking on storm until they stop picking on ice!!!!!!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Wow. You actuially would wait 20 rounds for a Storm to build up pips and buff for a Tempest in pvp with shielding or killing? Tempest can take a long time to do more then 10,000, a million couild take hours. I set up a 2,000,000 damage Leviathan once, it definitely took a while. Just use shields, then you can defeat Storm.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!
i have done a 1,000,000 damage with leviathan! it was awesome!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
saadkhan123 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


Blizzard, Ice's 4 pip spell, if properly bladed and trapped can also do 1 million damage as the Tempest spell did and it is only 4 pips!

Storm has lower health and accuracy, that is why their spells are stronger. If you train storm as your second school, you will fizzle, A LoT!
And last but not least, Stormzilla was the last spell, because it was not too overpowered for people training storm as a secondary spell.
oh god dont you know sorm wizard get the accuracy problem fixed at LEVEL 45!!!!!!!!!?????!!!!???


As a storm wizard, with storm as the primary school, at Level 45, storm will have +15 accuracy or be 85% accurate. Now, if a pet gives an accuracy boost, storm will be at 90 to 91% accuracy.

Storm is also less than 2000 health at level 45, while fire is at 2500 and ice is well over 3000.

Also, storm at that level only resists storm damage, while Ice has global resistance.

At this level, there are no criticals.

Later on, above Grandmaster, accuracy does get much better and criticals are introduced into the game.

However, this does not change the fact that any school can do 1 million damage with a low level spell!

So, I am not understanding your point on how Tempest is way too unfair a spell!

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
29
i have to say that tempest is pretty fair because when you first get it you can't make it do half the damage it has the potential for. plus storm fizzles....
A LOT... at least until they get to be roughly around lvl 58. in my experiences, storm is pretty weak in every stat except power. when my character was lvl twenty something(i'm ice btw) i beat a lvl 48 storm only because he fizzled every spell he cast with the exception of blades traps ect.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!


You should learn about max hits. I've done quite a few max hits that hit 1 million damage and recorded them too. Did you see a Firecat hitting 500000? They could've boosted it even more to do 1 million. Any spell can hit what you want, as long as you go for the max hit.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
saadkhan123 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
Oh srsly now Tempest? What's next Storm wand is too unfair?

Seriously, there are shields... Improve your strategy and start shielding! Don't do 4v4 that's where you will face the most storm teams... Use your brain that's why we have one.

Some players really need to stop complaining about Storm... Kraken, Triton, Bolt and Stormzilla all of our darn spells always being complain! Yet I don't see Myth or Death spells complain about, Not even Ice over-rated gear...

You guys were given the ability to do high attacks with critical system, Something That Was Storm Ability!

The stupidity of people keeps going on and on...



DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!ice is not over-rated! ice wizards have the lowest critical rating and the least damage!!!!!! every school can do critical so stop complaining little boy! little boy ice hater!


You call 150 critical, low?

Lets add damage 35 gear + 40 blade + 35 elemental blade = 110 damage.
You call that low damage?

Exactly every school were given the ability to do greater damage with critical. Wasn't that Storm ability?

Was there any health improvements to Storm due to every school hitting double the amount of damage with the critical system? The answer is NO.

The new Zafaria crafting gear for Ice, it is truly over-rated...

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
45
Daviato wrote:
Oh srsly now Tempest? What's next Storm wand is too unfair?

Seriously, there are shields... Improve your strategy and start shielding! Don't do 4v4 that's where you will face the most storm teams... Use your brain that's why we have one.

Some players really need to stop complaining about Storm... Kraken, Triton, Bolt and Stormzilla all of our darn spells always being complain! Yet I don't see Myth or Death spells complain about, Not even Ice over-rated gear...

You guys were given the ability to do high attacks with critical system, Something That Was Storm Ability!

The stupidity of people keeps going on and on...



storm too daviato? people need to get that storms got the lowest health but highest damage and ice's gear is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overrated whats up with the like 85 percent damage resist!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! Laura Drake level 46 theurgist Jenna Anglestalker level 26 thaumaturge Cassandra Drake level 12 conjurer Jasmine Storm level 10 diviner Lauren Drake level 1 necromancer Amber Fire level 5 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Alright there is no need to make rude remarks its just opinions, besides anything that is fully bladed can be achieved to maximum damage.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
36
Bookshelvings wrote:
Storm is, without a doubt, the strongest basic school in the game when it comes to raw damage output.

But... Have you ever met a low-level storm wizard? Have you noticed that they fizzle at least one third of their spells? Have you noticed that it takes absolutely NOTHING to knock them out due to their health being abysmally low?

Storm is the opposite of Ice and Life in terms of stats. Extremely high damage (vs. Ice with the lowest basic damage), the lowest possible health (vs. Ice with the highest possible) and the absolutely worst accuracy of all schools (vs. Life with the highest). Storm is based around hitting fast and hard, and praying that they manage to hit hard enough before their enemy uses them as a doormat. Even their spells (Insane Bolt, anyone?) is meant towards doing as much damage as possible, as fast as possible.

In contrast, the Ice class is built to survive - being that they have natural access to the Tower Shield spell, gear that is designed towards resistances, stuns, and SEVERAL spells that pull monsters' attention onto themselves.

So Tempest is unfair, only if you compare directly point per point with the spells of other classes. But would that mean that the Death wizard's Feint makes them overpowered? Or what about the Balance wizard's ability to ignore everything but a Tower Shield in their way? Or the Fire wizard's ability to burn away your shield and damage you for several rounds while they build up pips to destroy you utterly? Or the Myth wizard's ability to remove your defences and blades? Or the Life wizard's ability to heal themselves and laugh at anything that doesn't knock them out in one hit? Or the Ice wizard's ability to stun, shield and taunt anything they come across?

All wizards are different, with their specialties and weaknesses.

After all, mastery comes not purely in the terms of raw damage. I'm, frankly, a whole lot more scared of a Myth wizard than a Storm wizard.
Nicely put.

Mycin DarkHeart
Transcended Necromancer

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
Brian0524 wrote:
I've seen a video showing Tempest dealing out 1000000 damage! I think it is a very unfair spell.

Why?

Well not only does Storm have the strongest damage overall, but Tempest is a spell that is 1. to all enemies. And 2. damage per pip. It is very unfair how low a level you can get it, yet how much of an advantage Storm gets.

What do you think?

PS: I also don't get why training points can be used to train for an entire second school (Ranks 1-6 damage spells). However, not Storm! Wizards using Storm as a second school can't get Triton at all! But it's rank 6...?
This gives them more of an advantage, along with their already high damage.
(Kraken, rank 4, deals just as much damage as Colossus, rank 6!) What's with that?

Tell me what you think please!

tempest with a ton of blades, traps, etc. does that much. with 14 pips tempest does only 1120 damage. plus storm is the strongest school in attack power

Survivor
May 28, 2009
11
I do not think this is unfair and like some people said storm people's spells fizz;e more often and dont have a good acuracy. I am storm and this is true. Storm is probably one of the harder classes because of it and if the spelll has enough damage boosters it can reach 1 million. Its not only tempest that can to that. I have gotten that triton dude to do it.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
21
Well, that is a disadvantage to Tempest. I was trying to do a good amount of damage with it and I had full power-pips, yet I didn't get a large amount of damage.
Amadna Emeraldeyes
Lvl 61 Diviner

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
9