Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tempest Fix!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
KI, as of late, a lot of people in PvP, have complained about Tempest, being TOO powerful...

So, here is my idea on how to fix this problem...

Tempest, 10 + 90 damage over 3 rounds per pip to all enemies!

Yes, the power has increased, but has also been spread out over 3 rounds, giving opponents time to shield or use triage...

This, solves many problems all in one shot... It gives Storm a DOT spell, it prevents storm from killing an entire team right off the bat, and it will certainly get rid of storm shields spammers!

Tell me what you think!

Yes, I did edit this message, thought a low initial base hit was needed!

Explorer
Oct 16, 2009
this.... this seems like a aoe of heckhound, but it does storm damage, and is weaker....

oh, and i took your cookie jar :P

-------------------------------------------------
whatever it is, it wasn't me--probably

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
What per pip?? No way, that would only make things so much worse.

Seasnake had a good idea about this on PvP about the team going second shields before hand??

This would only make an OP school even more OP lol. The funny thing is that anything like this should never be a problem it is unacceptable and should be fixed immediatly.. But instead they get buffed lol.

Hmmm after doing some math it looks pretty realistic, well mathematically darth could be on to something so first for everything..

Now this solution itself is immediate at stopping first turn wins for sure.. However in the long wrong it will make storm even more powerful that it already is. With enough pips it can devastate anyone and because storm is already in the state of over powered i would have to disagre.. Plus storm already got universal resistance from the waterworks, I mean if you give every school a type of spell that is usually given to only a few schools you just destroy the whole game and that is what is happening.. If one school gets universal resistance, the strongest spells, best gear ratings, best critical... I think they shouldn't get a DoT cut some of the schools that rely on that some slack. Of course because most people that play the game are storm, they will argue for everything.. But you lose all fun in the game when a school gets all certian areas of spells and advantages.. And a strong and actual learned DoT spell is the only thing storm doesnt have lets keep it that way..... But as i know people just want storm powered so yep this idea is a done deal put probably as a new spell.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Sry darth, you have alot of great ideas but I have to say no to this one. Storm has a usable DOT if they train fire elf and make storm elves. This would be an ultimate unbalancer.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I never said it was my best idea, or that I liked it...

The problem is, if people keep complaining about Tempest, it will be changed... So, I am putting in suggestions, before they completely ruin the spell...

This would eliminate first round kills, allow shields between attacks, and since there is triage, I can't see how this spell would be considered Overpowered anymore...

No, I am not happy with it either, but I had to put the idea out there, since the people that whine usually get their way...

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I hope it's not changed. It's extremely effectively to farm mobs with, a really big "stick" and effective for cleaning up a fight after a storm lord.