Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tech Guys this is for you

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2012
I found somthing very annoying in gameplay. I've had multiple times when I started a battle someone would join (most often a non-talker) and then sit there and waste my time because I was "waiting" for them to choose a spell. They weren't there and my time was being wasted. I think the techno people (you know who you are ) should make an auto kick feature that causes the person to flee by default if they don't do anything for the first two rounds. Please give me your feedback and help put a stop to wasting time.

Sincerly, Jack ShadowWeaver Balance Wizard.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
XxDeadalusxX wrote:
I found somthing very annoying in gameplay. I've had multiple times when I started a battle someone would join (most often a non-talker) and then sit there and waste my time because I was "waiting" for them to choose a spell. They weren't there and my time was being wasted. I think the techno people (you know who you are ) should make an auto kick feature that causes the person to flee by default if they don't do anything for the first two rounds. Please give me your feedback and help put a stop to wasting time.

I disagree quite strongly. They could be afk, they might not have any cards in their deck. If they are annoying you, just flee when one joins.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
XxDeadalusxX wrote:

Sorry no. They could be saving up pips or had a connection problem. You are playing a multi-player game and that's just how it goes sometimes.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
XxDeadalusxX wrote:

I agree with you, and have made a case for such a feature before. I think that something like this would prevent mooching/kill-stealing (because that's essentially what it is, even if not in the traditional sense); I don't care to waste my time, or my pips, on someone who's inanimate.

I'm a Balance wizard, too~ just because we have the power to heal or shield someone who's inanimate doesn't mean that we /have/ to.

bionaknight wrote:
I disagree quite strongly. They could be afk, they might not have any cards in their deck...

Going AFK is fine~ life happens, and most people get that. But disappearing for multiple rounds and leaving your teammate(s) to do your share of the work, without letting them know what's going on, is disrespectful (unless it's an emergency that requires immediate attention) and a time-leech for all involved.

It's your responsibility to make sure you have enough supplies to make it through a fight (or, at the very least, carry Reshuffle); if you run out, either flee and port/walk back or use Reshuffle. That's not your teammates' problem~ it's yours.

Solution:

When a group of 3-4 people join a fight, anyone who is AFK for more than 3 rounds (or 5 rounds, for a smaller team) will be automatically kicked from that group and transported back to home-base of whatever world they're in. Progress will not be lost, if they make it back within the standard 30 minutes~ it will give them time to port back or redo their decks, if they had a legit reason for being AFK.

But wait! There's more!
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49118.ftl#274518

-El Veeb
archmage sorceress

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
the could just have connection problems I have them all the time ooooooorrrrrrr hes "A.F.K."

Survivor
May 26, 2012
ok if your out of cards or waiting on pips you can always pass instead of waiting for the timer to run out. So i agree if there is no action disregarding pass because that is an action then after so many rounds they should maybe not flee because that would not be cool if your afk for some reason important and you come back to having no mana and being in the commons, but send you to the sidewalk if there is one or the nearest safe place with out taking mana. If this is possible it would greatly help this sort of problem.