Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team up rude players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Whenever I team up on hades all of my team up leaves I have waterworks gear am I weak? what's the problem?
Adam storm level 96

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Waterworks gear is pretty common for Hades runs. It's more likely just people don't like the match up of schools, like having no healer or tank. Just keep trying. Storm with Waterworks shouldn't have too much trouble finding a support team. If you want to set up a time and realm to meet I'll help you.

Level 110
Level 104

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Some people are just rude. Sometimes they are trying to use Team Up with a friend and get dragged in. Sometimes they don't like your school etc. It's sad when people leave early. It makes it worse too when the first guy leaves then everyone else leaves too because they are like "sorry, we really need four people". Not entirely sure about potential fixes for this problem. Just keep trying eventually you will find people that are nice and good to work with!

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Thank you for replying it means so much I now get what's the problem thanks

Defender
May 27, 2013
I had a guy team up simply so he could farm the first boss, then he left. Fortunately the second person stayed and we made it through, but, yeah...tacky.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Until a separate team up portal gets created for Cronus; this issue will continue some players. Because this annoyed me when I first did the dungeon, I now enter via the team up portal to only help players and teams successfully complete the entire dungeon. And there's no need to penalize the entire team because one or more players chose to leave. Instead, establish a set default timer that allows new players to enter the dungeon after so many seconds or minutes have passed, as other players flee.

Explorer
May 27, 2012
exp613 on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
Some people are just rude. Sometimes they are trying to use Team Up with a friend and get dragged in. Sometimes they don't like your school etc. It's sad when people leave early. It makes it worse too when the first guy leaves then everyone else leaves too because they are like "sorry, we really need four people". Not entirely sure about potential fixes for this problem. Just keep trying eventually you will find people that are nice and good to work with!
A great idea is to have people of the same school team up simultaneously. That's what I did with my Necromancer during a Crimson Fields run. It worked out, surprisingly!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2013
I agree, we do need to implement two seperate sigils for either Hades or Cronus. I also believe that people just leave not because of your gear, but it's those people that want to find that "perfect team. People want a storm for hitting, an ice for tanking, a life for healing, and a balance for blades and support. Just keep trying and I'm sure people will go with you. :)

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
The Team Up system needs to be changed so players know what they're signing up for. As it currently stand players which want to farm a specific enemy in the dungeon, players who are first timers and want to learn how to do the dungeon or are in it for story purposes and players who want to finish the entire dungeon and kill everything are all placed in the same pool.

What I'd recommend is that their is a panel at every dungeon which is accessed when the team up button is clicked. This will appear similar to the PvP panel but you'll be able to see what class your allies will be as sometimes parties need a specific class to rush through a dungeon (A necromancer using Doom and Gloom helps a lot against Undying Malistaire). Also a small emblem for first timers would be nice so players will know that they need to help someone out when they see it rather then being aggressive at him/her when they make a bad move (Like using Blades when they have a cheat that doesn't allow Blades).