Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talismans

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I think that you should have Talismans in W101. Talismans would be like a badge, but they boost your stats. You would unlock Talismans from advancing in the storyline and defeating certain bosses. You can also level up talismans to improve their boosts. (1 enemy = 2xp)
Talisman Xp: Level 1-2 = 50 xp / Level 2-3 = 100 xp / Level 3-4 = 150 xp / Level 4-5 = 250 xp

Novice Sorcerer (Lvl. 10)
+1% universal damage / (MAX) +3% universal damage
+1% universal resist / (MAX) +3% universal resist
+1% unique drop rate / (MAX) +3% unique drop rate

Apprentice Sorcerer (Lvl. 40)
+2% universal damage / (MAX) +5% universal damage
+2% universal resist / (MAX) +5% universal resist
+2% unique drop rate / (MAX) +4% unique drop rate
+2% health / (MAX) +4%

Champion Sorcerer (Lvl. 70)
+3% universal damage / (MAX) +7% universal damage
+3% universal resist / (MAX) +7% universal resist
+3% unique drop rate / (MAX) +7% unique drop rate
+30 universal critical/block / (MAX) +40 universal critical/block

Darkmoor Conqueror (Lvl. 100 - beat 3/3 parts of Darkmoor)
+4% universal damage / (MAX) +9% universal damage
+4% universal resist / (MAX) +9% universal resist
+4% unique drop rate / (MAX) +9% unique drop rate
+40 universal critical/block / (MAX) +50 universal critical/block

Divine Caster of Light/Shadow (Lvl. 120 - beat Old Cob)
+5% universal damage / (MAX) +10% universal damage
+5% universal resist / (MAX) +10% universal resist
+5% unique drop rate / (MAX) +10% unique drop rate
+50 universal critical/block / (MAX) +60 universal critical/block
+5% health / (MAX) +10% health
+1% shadow pip chance / (MAX) +2% shadow pip chance

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I like the general idea for narrative reasons.

As it stands, our wizards start small and weak, then gain power as they level up:
+Added Health
+Added Mana
+Added spell options
+Added Power Pip chance
+Added gear options
-Lower Critical Chance (that's right, you critical less as you level up unless you run on the gear treadmill)
-Lower Block Chance (maybe?)

Adding intrinsic bonuses for our wizards helps with the narrative.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
The name definitely wouldn't work, there's too many amulets in-game already called talismans, but the idea's kind of nice. These ideas seem vaguely balanced, and I wouldn't mind something akin to a badge giving stats. Actually I'd love badges to give stats, but it's not a bad idea.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
Defender
Jul 21, 2013
I personally don't think that these are over-powered. The Mirage Talisman offers +60 critical/block +10% damage, resist, health, and unique drop rate. (The 10% health could be over-powered if its an ice wizard. The problems would come with -- assuming the base health is 7500 -- 7500+10%=8250. Still this isn't to bad. You can get easily 9000 health as an ice, but your damage and attacks still are weak.)

If you think about it, the +60 critical/block -- which isn't even over-powered to begin with -- is reduced even further with the worsening critical penalty. The penalty easily makes the +60 a +20-40. (Proof would be that my critical as a level 120 myth is over 420 and my percentage is at 29%.)

The damage and resist isn't very over-powered either... Enemies are shielding more often now, and have way more pierce... So your resist reduced by a lot... (Ex. 50% resist vs 500 damage = 250 damage / 50% *-19% pierce = 31% resist vs 500 damage = 345 damage.) With higher numbers of pierce and damage the effect would be more deadly. (NOTE:**enemies now have the ability to stack blades for they were programmed with lots of new blades.)