Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sword Fern and Pigsie card drops

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2014
A lot of people have been complaining about the Pigsie card drop rate. Well maybe there is a solution that would benefit players and Kingsisle. Right now, the Sword Fern plant drops most of the Loremaster type spell cards - which are useful when crafting. Since there are now several new spell drops from LoreMaster (including Pigsie), maybe Kingsisle needs to add these to the card drops from Elder Sword Fern harvests.

Pigsie is one of those spells that Everyone wants. Kingsisle made a spell that everyone wants and loves - they have a hit on their hands. If Pigsie was now a card drop it would likely spur sales of the Sword Fern crown plant and might give them a little more revenue.

Along the lines of that suggestion - Kingsisle has added a lot of new popular spells over the last year (Headless Horseman comes to mind). I suggest that maybe Kingsisle adds some new types of crown seeds to the lineup and these plants would drop these cards at Elder. This would go hand in hand with needing to make these spells craftable. For example, I could see a new crown seed type that might just drop fire based spell cards for the craftable fire spells (including burning Rampage - make it craftable please). So there would be 7 new crown seeds (one for each of the major schools - not counting star, moon, etc.), and these would drop spell cards for the current (and future) craftable spells that Kingsisle comes up with.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
And KI needs to add a more reliable source for Amber.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jul 14, 2016
Please! This would be awesome. Less feeling hopeless would be nice.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Area51Alien on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
And KI needs to add a more reliable source for Amber.

Steven Ghoststalker
As I'm sure you know, you can get Amber by fighting the hidden bosses in Aquila. They make it easier to get amber, though of course it's never a guarantee, I have asked many times for them to change the transmute amber recipe, because it is WAY overbalanced. A simple Amber Dust --> Amber would be nice. Even if it's 50:1, it would still be easier than using 5 Merle's Wisker, 5 Amber Dust, 15 Sunstone, 10 Golden Pearl. Back when they started the transmute amber, it was a much rarer reagent, but not any more. It's been made much easier to get, and so too, should the transmute recipe be made easier too