Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions to Improve Social Gameplay

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2640
Here is a running list of suggestions to improve the quality of social gameplay.

1.) Grouping - Many, many posts have been posted here in the forums about wizards asking for help in certain dungeons. The usual replies they get involve:

Go ask on Wizard101 Central, because it is updated more quickly.
Go to crowded realms and find someone.

Wouldn't be great if the menu chat option that tells others what current quest your on would query all the servers with anyone with the same quest and group you up?

2.) Pet Hatching - Similar system as above, except the query finds the wizard that is willing to hatch with you instead of hanging out in the pavilion, where most of the wizards do not hang out.

I personally believe one of the biggest drawbacks of this game, is getting multiple shared objective wizards grouped together under a common goal. Currently, if you group with somone now and they continue playing the weekend you did not, they are much further ahead of you and you are forced to find someone else to group with.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
kingurz wrote:
I personally believe one of the biggest drawbacks of this game, is getting multiple shared objective wizards grouped together under a common goal. Currently, if you group with somone now and they continue playing the weekend you did not, they are much further ahead of you and you are forced to find someone else to group with.


Hi kingurz,

I'm in agreement with you, but I don't understand how grouping would work. Could you explain further?

queenlybb

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2640
queenlybluebean wrote:

Hi kingurz,

I'm in agreement with you, but I don't understand how grouping would work. Could you explain further?

queenlybb


With the way the game currently works, unless you and your team do exactly the same quests and exactly at the same time, one or more will "drift" off from the others, since leveling is more tied to questing than defeating monsters like most other MMOs.

The feature I'm requesting is some sort of queue button that if anyone pressed it, it would either teleport them to each other or group them up (like team PvP) if they all have the same exact quest. Very similar to the current menu chat button, that allows you to say "I'm on ... quest."

Wizards wouldn't have to go around the commons or right outside the dungeon spamming that menu chat button, that would simply hit the queue button and go right inside the dungeon quickly. The goal being to get same goal oriented wizards together very quickly, instead of posting on forums trying to link up with each other when there are many wizards with the same name, time differences, and other obstacles.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
I like the grouping idea. Other MMORPGs have this feature and it's really helpful. I have no opinion on the pet hatching idea, however, since I really think that's a waste of time.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
These are great ideas. Finding a desired hatching partner could be made easy under this system. Many times I have spent hours switching realms asking the same question over and over again. Like the arena matching system you could put in your desired hatch and the system could find your counterpart. Nice Kingurz, this would be a great update.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
705
kingurz wrote:
With the way the game currently works, unless you and your team do exactly the same quests and exactly at the same time, one or more will "drift" off from the others, since leveling is more tied to questing than defeating monsters like most other MMOs.

The feature I'm requesting is some sort of queue button that if anyone pressed it, it would either teleport them to each other or group them up (like team PvP) if they all have the same exact quest. Very similar to the current menu chat button, that allows you to say "I'm on ... quest."

Wizards wouldn't have to go around the commons or right outside the dungeon spamming that menu chat button, that would simply hit the queue button and go right inside the dungeon quickly. The goal being to get same goal oriented wizards together very quickly, instead of posting on forums trying to link up with each other when there are many wizards with the same name, time differences, and other obstacles.


I really like this idea, especially since it's so very difficult to team up otherwise. It should be easy to do, since PvP matching is based in a similar concept.

Hope KI reads your suggestion, kingurz!

qbb

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
111
kingurz wrote:
Here is a running list of suggestions to improve the quality of social gameplay.

1.) Grouping - Many, many posts have been posted here in the forums about wizards asking for help in certain dungeons. [...] Wouldn't be great if the menu chat option that tells others what current quest your on would query all the servers with anyone with the same quest and group you up?



I completely agree. A long time ago... In a thread far, far away... We discussed ideas for this before.

Personally, I would like to see a way for people to use the existing "group" function, to stay locked on quests together. It would operate just like being in a dungeon. Where, when one person talks to an NPC and the current quest task changes, it would happen for everyone.

Of course there would need to be some way for the system to determine which "common" quest that the wizards all have, and which one to lock on to first.

As for dungeons, I just logged on here today to post an idea for teaming up on dungeons by using a kiosk (like the PVP teaming mechanism)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 60 (Legendary Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 58 (Grandmaster Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 41 (Master Sorcerer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 39 (Magus Necromancer)