Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions to help improve sales for the Scroll of Fortune events

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Here are some issues with the current Spring Scroll with ways to improve upon the next one. Please read and comment if you agree and tell what other changes you'd like for the next Scroll.

1. The house "reward" is Wysteria Villa recipe. Same as the Dragon Fjord house recipe reward - What good are these as rewards if most players are forced to buy something else in order to use it? What also must be considered is if somebody already has these houses, it cannot be crafted again (unless they empty and share bank it but then might still need an elixir). It becomes a non-reward.
A far greater reward would simply be the additional castle elixir, then let us decide what to use it on. Even better than that would be if the elixir was included with the recipe.

2. The rewards giving Beastmoon gold idols still do not show the amount of Lunari being given with it. This can cause some to click on it, losing lunari in the process (if they are near max lunari). Coincidingly, please make it so we are never in danger of going over the max amount of lunari (many are unaware the max lunari per character is 5,000).

3. The jewel reward is once again NOT a no-shatter jewel. This devalues it tremendously. Make all these special jewels NO-SHATTER to increase their value.

4. Spellements?! What for? These do not show what spell they are good for. Spellements are not as exciting as you guys think. I didn't even get any from the death deckathalon and it seems it would be useless if I did. Are we to assume the Spellement reward in the Spring Scroll are good towards any spell? I wrote this up a long time ago but it still holds true.

Additionally, offer better rewards! Some of the locked rewards are stuff I can't imagine people actually wanting. The 2870 locked reward for example. 3 Uncommon Beastmoon reagents? I couldn't imagine this being desirable for free on page 1. (btw, is there an image error for the 2270 reward? I only noticed now, it says this is Sinbad's Marvelous Clay with an image of Magical Clay, so which is it?)

And why is the 1620 reward locked when we have similar packs given unlocked on pages 1 and 3?

Do not forget, this game has many other excitable items to offer. Sonic Springs, Braided Vine, Mote reagents; hundreds of permanent mounts, packs, pets, the sleepy time gear, to name a few examples of items that would make some buy a membership just to purchase these Scrolls.

One more thing is, we are given 72 hours when an Event ends to claim our rewards. Put a countdown timer on the Event page counting down those 72 hours.

Recapping:

If you want to increase sales of Scrolls of Fortune, it will behoove KI to adopt the suggestions presented here.

1-Include the additional castle elixir WITH the house recipe.
2-Show the amount of Lunari given with those gold idols.
3-Make the jewel rewards No-Shatter.
4-Transparency on what Spellements are good for.
5-better rewards
6-countdown timer for when it ends.

The following question should have been raised by KI long ago so let me ask it for you (as if I worked for you).
"What items would you like us to add to the Scroll of Fortune that would make you consider buying a membership for?"

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
All your points and suggestions are more than valid. I generally use crowns to purchase the scroll of fortune for my wizards that play Beastmoon, basically for the much needed Lunari.

My other wizards will do some of the other events, not so much for those event awards, more to advance in the Scroll of Fortune. I seldom even try to go beyond the second row of page two due to the lack of desirable awards for the "free" scroll items.

I totally agree about it not being a "PRIZE" to get a recipe for crafting a house. I have already crafted all the craft-able houses. I do not need or want another recipe. I would rather just be awarded a deed to a house or just a house elixir - that could be placed in my shared bank.

I tend to agree that many of the prizes are not really a desired item and surely not something that encourages me to want to buy the scroll. Some are almost like a bite of the candy bar, not the whole piece of candy.

I have said before if Wizard101 wants us to buy and spend crowns - provide us with something worth buying and we will spend a lot more crowns. A very young player may be google-eyed over that "shiny thing" and Gram just gave them crowns for a present, but most of us crown spenders know the value and we are becoming more selective in how we spend our crowns. The prizes are a computer generated "virtually coast free" item. Why not be a bit more generous with the prizes and awards?

For items I would like to see:
  • Bric-a-brac elixers
  • storage vaults - gear, jewels, plants
  • rare reagents
  • maybe a special fish elixir you can place in a house pond to fish for
  • 500 to 1000 crowns - random amount award
  • "tickets" to go towards future crown item purchase - a code that will take a certain percentage off the cost. maybe with an expiration date of 15 to 30 days.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Thank you Rowantimes6. I like your list of items.
Can you elaborate more on this:
maybe a special fish elixir you can place in a house pond to fish for
------

I had suggested before if these special events can loop their rewards. I saw another topic here reminding me I had once asked for that. If not looping the prizes, how about adding more tiers?
What about a friends list elixir to be added.

------

I have come to realize my question cannot be answered here. Why not? Because those without member cannot post on this forum.

Someone should pose the question on a different site.

I guess I could reword it to make it apply here. Which item if added to the Scroll of Fortune would make you not think twice about buying a Scroll

Honestly, KI Live should be asking questions like this during their live shows. I already have my question picked out for next weeks show (its similar but not specifically this). I just might ask this question in a unique way for the show next month (if I remember). Instead of asking a typical question for the KI employees to answer, why not present to Falmea and Sparck a question that they can ask us!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The Summer Scroll of Fortune is perhaps the best one yet. Why? Because it has the additional castle elixir. Super stoked about this. Thank you so much for doing this KI.

And the jewel is a no-shatter Kroger jewel too. Let's hope all future scrolls keep it 'no-shatter'. KingsIsle, this means if the next Scroll jewel is not going to be a Kroger jewel, make it no-shatter no matter what.

There are still many areas to improve upon.
-Like useless beastmoon reagents (385 pt locked reward).
-What spellements and now pet tokens are good for. We need transparency in why we would want these.
-Please show the amount of Lunari given with gold idol rewards. - DO THIS NOW KI.
What's meant by this is, when scrolling over these rewards, it needs to show us exactly what we get. It tells us we get the gold idol and Lunari, but it does not say how much Lunari we get. Please add in the Lunari amount.
-Start including a countdown timer for when an event is over to show us the 72 hours we have to redeem rewards.

Professor Falmea has asked for our input during May's KI Live. Let's keep those suggestions going!