Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion for the Crafters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
By trade, I'm a journeyman carpenter as well as a parent that strongly supports Wizard 101 since I believe it to be an excellent game for children that are still too young for the heavier MMO's and their content.

One thing about any MMO that I absolutely enjoy is the crafting, both quests and simple item production. While sitting here playing and drinking my coffee, I have often asked myself why Kings Isle has not implemented a "Dismantle" ability for high level crafting. My thoughts are that some of the crafting recipes take immense amounts of reagents to create. This is good, as it forces the player to have patience and perseverance for the end outcome but it can be rather tedious at times as well. So why not put some of that exceptional loot from Bosses to use other than the Bazaar or vendor?

Since the game has a 'max' amount of gold any (1) character may have, it leaves a void once that 'maximum' amount has been met, so I say, let the player 'dismantle' the item to obtain rare or semi-rare reagents and/or treasure cards!

It would be a great way to reward High Level Crafters and allow them to put that gear that would be otherwise sitting in their bank to good use. Say you have a level 54 Robe that has very nice stats but is "No Auction" and your gold is maxed out, yet you really want to make that Tea Set to put on your nice dining table in your home. So, for the fee of say, 100 gold, you could go to a vendor to have the robe 'dismantled' or if your crafting is Master level or higher you could do it yourself and obtain maybe (1-2) treasure cards and (1-5) reagents!

I think this would be a great way to boost player economy as well as find a use for items that collect dust in shared banks and allow people who love to craft to find another way to gather resources. Personally, I would love it. But as I stated before, I love crafting in games anyways.

Just a suggestion. Hope it comes to life someday!

~Thanks. :D

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I like this idea, but it would take a long time to code what items would give what, so I think that it should only be certain items.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I think the more "high end" items such as those you can obtain around every new spell level. Or even just the items that are crafted by players and maybe the furniture drops from bosses and mob's exct. Ultimately, I think everything should be able to be dismantled and reclaimed, but this again is purely from a crafters perspective.

If it's made, it should be able to be "Unmade". :D