Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stunning...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
Hasn't anyone been annoyed with the way stunning works in wizard101 yet. There is sooooo much still wrong with them (Despite KI's awesome efforts to balance them). I am going to identify the MAIN problems with stunning and offer a solution to the problems that wouldn't completely break the game!

1) First things first. The problem that KI has been fighting for awhile. The chain stunning. Though that is no longer possible due to the shields. I feel they could have been done much better then they are. For one when I get stunned in a 4v4 match It would have to result in me getting stunned 4 more times before the next stun would hit me! It pretty much makes the actual stun shield (Almost) useless!

Here is the solution I am proposing for this. You make it instead of putting a bunch of shields on me (That take up space) you could just simply put a 1 turn aura on me that gives a 100% stun block. that the next turn (When I am stunned) they cant stun again (No matter how many stuns I get hit with that turn)

2) The "bosses" being immune! This isn't ENTIRELY bad but it does have a few flaws. My main one I noticed is that a lot of elites are also stun immune making it near impossible to use in later areas, I had mainly noticed this in the Waterworks and the Tower of the Helephant.

Here is my solution to this problem! I purpose that instead of making all elites and bosses immune make the bosses have a 50% immunity to stuns and Elites have a 25% immunity. this would greatly improve the value of stuns in PvM and also make them useful in the further reaches of the spiral!

These are just my general observations of the effects of stuns and how I think they could improve.