Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuff for the Pay with Crowns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
76
Hi!
I was thinking that KingsIsle should implement some things for the people who pay with crowns in order to complete the game.

This method is usually more expensive, but these players do not gain much benefits compared to the Free to Play players.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/options

As a result, I suggest that KingsIsle grant the pay with crown players better benefits that might be close to what members gain.

I know many will be angered at this proposal, but the benefits should be area based. That way, the player can only receive that benefit when they purchased and complete a certain zone.
For example, let's say I finally completed Dragonspyre (last world of first arc seems appropriate) and defeated Malistaire. As a result, I can receive a bonus 20 backpack space and 10 extra friends on the friend list.
This seems fair due to the fact that in order for the player to get that benefit, they must pay 44,880 crowns (for Wizard City to Dragonspyre, don't worry, I removed the excess areas like Colossus Blvd. and Kensington Park ) or about $89.76 (if 500 crowns = $1.00). Not to mention arc two worlds cost a lot more.

This is just an idea. Any opinions?

I mean, my Exalted Sorcerer suffers from 80 backpack space and epic cooldowns. Plus, I raged for a few days when I found out members get free training point resets .

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
390
I agree with you because I am a crowns player and getting membership isn't an option for me and I feel crowns players should get some benefits because membership is a choice and nobody should get extra special treatment because of a choice. Look at all the thing members have. Free training point buy back, double gardening rewards, and double pet xp and I didn't even mention all the perks they get just by being a member like more backpack space, free zones, and open chat. I am totally with you on this but I do feel that crown player befits should be given out differently some how than what you described.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
233
I would love to see a double pet training xp boost elixir. that way crowns players could buy the benefit with crowns. maybe we will get lucky. Amber

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
390
AmberRavenSong7 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
I would love to see a double pet training xp boost elixir. that way crowns players could buy the benefit with crowns. maybe we will get lucky. Amber
The problem with your idea is that if you can buy this with crowns than members can also get this like we can. What I think we should try and come up with is something only crowns players can get and members can't. So if someone has membership they aren't allowed to get like we can't get member benefits.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2197
John Hawkward on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
Hi!
I was thinking that KingsIsle should implement some things for the people who pay with crowns in order to complete the game.

This method is usually more expensive, but these players do not gain much benefits compared to the Free to Play players.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/options

As a result, I suggest that KingsIsle grant the pay with crown players better benefits that might be close to what members gain.

I know many will be angered at this proposal, but the benefits should be area based. That way, the player can only receive that benefit when they purchased and complete a certain zone.
For example, let's say I finally completed Dragonspyre (last world of first arc seems appropriate) and defeated Malistaire. As a result, I can receive a bonus 20 backpack space and 10 extra friends on the friend list.
This seems fair due to the fact that in order for the player to get that benefit, they must pay 44,880 crowns (for Wizard City to Dragonspyre, don't worry, I removed the excess areas like Colossus Blvd. and Kensington Park ) or about $89.76 (if 500 crowns = $1.00). Not to mention arc two worlds cost a lot more.

This is just an idea. Any opinions?

I mean, my Exalted Sorcerer suffers from 80 backpack space and epic cooldowns. Plus, I raged for a few days when I found out members get free training point resets .
I must correct something you said. it is the stance of crown players that they spend more money. This is both correct and incorrect at the same time. Sure, crown players pay more for the game in the SHORT run, but as i recall, once you hit about the 18 month point or so (correct me if Im wrong), members pay more than crown players do, because we keep paying for the game. Im not trying to start a fight, merely to correct a widely held misconception. Once we hit the max crown cost point, it's MEMBERS that pay more, and MEMBERS that pay the way for new content, because of our constant influx of money.

The above being said, I have no problem supporting crown players having benefits over F2P BESIDES just having more worlds to explore

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
880
I strongly disagree. The point of a membership is to have things above and beyond what others can access. If you dilute it by allowing non-members access to content that was normally reserved for members, then you defeat the point of membership. This would be a terrible unhealthy thing for the game.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
12
AmberRavenSong7 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
I would love to see a double pet training xp boost elixir. that way crowns players could buy the benefit with crowns. maybe we will get lucky. Amber
Yea I totally agree.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
32
I agree, and I'm even a member. Crowns players are basically members, except they spend more money on getting every single area, rather than the members who have unlimited access. I think they should both be considered the same with all the "member benefits" that happen on occasion.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2015
3
There is a reason why crown players don't get member benefits if you buy crowns you get to keep the area Forever. if your a member you must pay every month so if your a member for about 16 months that's about the same price of having all the worlds forever. that's why members get more benefits.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
76
TheNobleWizard on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
There is a reason why crown players don't get member benefits if you buy crowns you get to keep the area Forever. if your a member you must pay every month so if your a member for about 16 months that's about the same price of having all the worlds forever. that's why members get more benefits.
The problem here is that, yes we do keep the place forever, but do we ever return to that place?

Maybe if I decide to create a new character...six times, but Krokotopia gets dull after the third player that burns through it.

Also, the offers I suggested is not even close to what members get. With the completion of Dragonspyre (as my example) the pay with crowns get 100 backpack space. Members get 150.

Additionally I never mentioned ranked PvP, Tournaments, OR quicker energy regeneration.
(Or the fact that I have limited time to post something before I have to pay again to post stuff on the message board)
And the special promotion of Gardening XP boost and TRAINING POINT REFUND! (Seriously, that's thousands of crowns right there).

Members still get more. But I just thought a little "buff" to what we pay with crowns get.

Maybe?

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
76
dayerider on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
I must correct something you said. it is the stance of crown players that they spend more money. This is both correct and incorrect at the same time. Sure, crown players pay more for the game in the SHORT run, but as i recall, once you hit about the 18 month point or so (correct me if Im wrong), members pay more than crown players do, because we keep paying for the game. Im not trying to start a fight, merely to correct a widely held misconception. Once we hit the max crown cost point, it's MEMBERS that pay more, and MEMBERS that pay the way for new content, because of our constant influx of money.

The above being said, I have no problem supporting crown players having benefits over F2P BESIDES just having more worlds to explore
Ah. If you based it on time. Then you are absolutely correct.

I based it on two variables: time to complete that place, and the cost equivalent to that place.

There are 65 zones that we must pay to complete the game. Side worlds like Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, Aquila, Darkmoor, and other dungeons are not included. So that mean we get trash gear, but that does not matter.

I took Krokotopia as an example because, I loathe that world (no offense to those krok-lovers, but the lack of residency kind of annoy me, do they live in the pyramid? The tombs? Where do they live!?).

The world without expansions or the Tomb of the Beguiled costs 10,980 crowns. Or ~$21 to complete a world that should easily take two days to complete, or maybe a week at most. Also, Krokotopian zones are cheap, costing 915 crowns per zone.

The value here is $3.00 - $10.50 per day for that world (other worlds do take longer, but they cost more per zone anyways) compared to the $0.22 per day that members pay (if they buy the $80 annual subscription).

You are totally right that members pay more time-wise. Also thanks for supporting this idea

Also this is not to counter your argument, this is just explaining my reasoning.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
76
Intrepidatius on Sep 12, 2015 wrote:
I strongly disagree. The point of a membership is to have things above and beyond what others can access. If you dilute it by allowing non-members access to content that was normally reserved for members, then you defeat the point of membership. This would be a terrible unhealthy thing for the game.
I consider myself to be a "member" of the game. Though the things they have is a lot. They still have things that we will never dream of having for pay to play players are generally more casual players and don't want to mess around with timed subscription.

It is diluting the member's content somewhat but that will not change the members who are already paying.

I mean, free PvP, reduced slot cool-downs, Increased energy regeneration and so much more that members have that we don't.

If I can compare it via class systems, then members will be the Upper Class with everything.
Pay with Crown players are Middle Class.
And F2P are Lower Class

But right now I feel like the pay with crowns are more like a upper lower class due to our benefits being level based.
You get everything pay with crowns get by getting to level 15. Which is possible to do by fighting street mobs (I have a F2P friend who did that, waste of time really).

I have like two more days to post before my posting period is over and I have to buy more crowns, so I might not be able to reply to any more comments. Thanks for replying though

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
243
I so agree that crown players should get benefits too. Why would I want to buy a membership, if I already own EVERY AREA of the game? I think it's so unfair that members can get all these benefits, but us crown players can not be invited.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
FusionSun on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
I so agree that crown players should get benefits too. Why would I want to buy a membership, if I already own EVERY AREA of the game? I think it's so unfair that members can get all these benefits, but us crown players can not be invited.
You HAVE your benefit. You own all the areas forever. A member must pay every month to keep playing anything outside Wizard City. You own permanent access to everything without paying another cent ever.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2012
97
I agree with what Seethe42 has said, your benefit is that you get that area you paid for forever. I also agree with Intrepidatius, if you make the changes that crown players get other bonuses then what is the point of getting a membership? I do like the idea of the double pet training XP boost elixir and I could see me spending crowns on that.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Aren't crowns players F2P? Not really understanding why they should get an additional benefit for being F2P? I'm a subscribed member who buys crowns. Should I then get some additional benefit just because I'm paying twice?

Of course not. The crowns and what we can buy with them are the benefit.