Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Street Cheats"

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
This was just an idea I developed when I was making an idea for a world when Azteca came out and trolled me, but I was thinking
"What if enemies on the street could cheat?" As a twist to make the game more difficult. Not all would cheat obviously, but a few would have weird things such as "Healing? No fair!" And then a unicorn. (Pet's would never trigger street cheats though...)

I could go on and on, but I think you get the basic gist of this. Ideas? :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
This was just an idea I developed when I was making an idea for a world when Azteca came out and trolled me, but I was thinking
"What if enemies on the street could cheat?" As a twist to make the game more difficult. Not all would cheat obviously, but a few would have weird things such as "Healing? No fair!" And then a unicorn. (Pet's would never trigger street cheats though...)

no. just no.

children and casual players are already struggling. i have 2 subs, and this would make me pull them both instantaneously... and i know i'm not the only one.

i like you, ronster, and you have some great ideas, but this is one i just can't get behind.

-von

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
No offense, but that sounds like a bad idea. Some mob fights are already hard enough, and now you want them to cheat? Dude..........

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 85 Balance~over and out

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I probably should also have mentioned.. These are minor cheats, nothing like "0 PIP EFREET!" Just tiny little heals or 30% shields.

Also von, I guess I am just one of those players that is nerdy to the point where most things are easy for me... I won't argue about it being difficult, just that this is where my bias comes from... o.o xD

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
What's the matter guys scared of a challenge? lol. I love the idea I have flown through all the worlds. I want a nice, hard, and interesting twist to this game. Can't live in fear guys, all i have to say!!!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011

I get what you mean but there are already Cheating MoBs in Azteca. You can see one example by following this link: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Axantho_Crab

As an example, this MoB uses a 45% version of Smoke Screen and a 35% Version of Fuel just to make us suffer even more :)

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012

No way. This game is already diffucult enough for me. Already about 50 cheating bosses in Azteca and Avalon. Come on, man!
But more cheating people? IN THE STREETS? That would just waste my time.
Garrett EmeraldStaff- Level 78 Life Wiz
AKA Brian GoldenShade- Level 13 Balance Wiz

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I am one who always appreciates good ideas even when it upsets others lol. But this would hinder to many, If they would ever do rottenhearts idea of making a different zone for different difficulty then this would be a good idea for that zone.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
warlordperfection on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
What's the matter guys scared of a challenge? lol. I love the idea I have flown through all the worlds. I want a nice, hard, and interesting twist to this game. Can't live in fear guys, all i have to say!!!
while you may be happy to treat this game as a full-time job, i play for fun; my job is already both physically and mentally demanding, and my patience is in short supply, meaning that stress is not something i want to deal with in-game.

you and your fellow "hardcore" types can create your own challenge, make the game "hard" by wearing lesser gear, etc. or doing some pvp; just remember that there is no way for those casual players who are struggling to make it easier.

@ronster~ your second suggestion is a slight improvement, but i'd still quit if it came to that point. once again, hardcore players can create a challenge, but those who are struggling cannot make it easier.

-von

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Sorry, but no.

In case you have not noticed, some street mobs do have healing in the second arc. They don't use them very often but they are there.

It is enough when street mobs can hit you with Efreet or Medusa, Levy on first round.

No, I would be canceling subs very quickly.