Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
OK this is extremely irritating to see how many people are taking an adult or higher aged Stormzilla, Grimzilla, Flamezilla, Frostzilla, and/or Mythzilla from their grandmaster and passing it down to their lvl 1-15 (seeing it A LOT in the 5-10 range) to take into the arena and do nothing but wait for the card to show up or show available to use and essentially one shot people because of how much dmg it does to people with virtually no health AND these same people using those pets are high ranked...99% sure its because of the fact that they are using said pets to totally annihilate their competition. On 4 seperate occasions tonight against 4 different players (all ranked knight or captain or something higher than private) I ran into a "zilla" player. I managed to actually kill one of them because I was on my Balance/Fire toon and happened to be against a Mythzilla and had both Elemental Shield, Glacial Shield, and Weakness up so I only got hit for like 100ish damage.

Ok what my suggestion is is to put a block on those and any other powerful pets similar to those (I'm new to the game so I don't know which ones would be powerful like those) from being passed to other characters via the shared bank (I know you can do that because I've ran into other things that I couldn't put into the shared bank) or being used in the arena or putting a level restriction on those types of pets from being equipped or doing something else to prevent these types of things from being used from low level characters.

Yes I know that I will probably get flamed by a lot of people but my guess is the people who wish to flame me are those same people that use such things in the arena for exactly those reasons.

Defender
May 30, 2009
158
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
I occasionally do PvP so my comment has nothing to do with it. I see no reason to keep the pets from being passed from one wizard to another. What if I mix my adult hydra with a stormzilla and by chance get a stormzilla? Well, since my storm character is only lvl 35, she does not have the pet but I can't exactly equip the stormzilla onto my balance character to train, so passing the new pet to my storm character would be the only way to get it trained. Not to mention the fact that I would NEVER be able to mix two of my own adults pets on the same character.

You are looking at this from only one point of view. So before you lump everyone into the same category and say those in favor of this are probably the ones using the pets on lower levels, you should really think about it from every aspect.

Some pets just can't be equipped unless you are THAT particular school, and being a pet collector (130 pet and counting) and an avid pet hatcher, the inability to trade pets between characters would pose some major problems.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
79
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
I just recently got a Firezilla but don't use it in the arena not because I don't think it's fair, because I think it's "cheap" and "noobish". What does it mean when someone waits until their zilla card pops in their deck? It means they can't beat you any other way. They should be ashamed of making such fools of themselves.
~Molly

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1204
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
older accounts should be rewarded

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
asutton75 wrote:
What if I mix my adult hydra with a stormzilla and by chance get a stormzilla? Well, since my storm character is only lvl 35, she does not have the pet but I can't exactly equip the stormzilla onto my balance character to train, so passing the new pet to my storm character would be the only way to get it trained.

You are looking at this from only one point of view. So before you lump everyone into the same category and say those in favor of this are probably the ones using the pets on lower levels, you should really think about it from every aspect.


Actually it is you who missed the point of my thread and didn't read the whole thing (or you are just focusing on one particular suggestion in the thread). I had stated is putting the can't be passed via the shared bank OR putting a level restriction on it OR putting a from being used in arena OR something that prevents low level toons from using it in arena. I see absolutely no problem with players who use these ultra powerful cards for killing mobs but it is extremely biased and one-sided in pvp in those low brackets when the zilla cards hit UNBUFFED for more health than someone has.

WaterGirl101 wrote:
I just recently got a Firezilla but don't use it in the arena not because I don't think it's fair, because I think it's "cheap" and "noobish". What does it mean when someone waits until their zilla card pops in their deck? It means they can't beat you any other way. They should be ashamed of making such fools of themselves.
~Molly


Couldn't have said it better myself Molly. That is exactly the reason why I've got these "zilla players" down to near death multiple times and the best they've got me down to (well before using their zilla card) has been to like 500 health (my max HP on toons range from 700 to 1000) and is the exact reason why I beat that one stormzilla player with my Balance/Fire wizard who had wards up & weakness on the other player. Once Stormzilla popped and was played and hit all of my wards and weakness cards and only hit for 100 something I rocked the world of that guy because he literally had nothing else to hit me with. That is the ONLY way to defeat these cheap tactic players.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Wonderful yet another "fail fight" vs a zilla pet. This one was a "knight" who did ZERO damage to me the whole fight until his card popped while I did over 1200 damage to him (he healed once).

GG overpowered cards helping people with no skill have a 95% or higher win rate in all the low brackets. And that number I just didn't pull out of thin air. After matches I look at their win:loss and the average "zilla player" has less than 5 losses while their wins are 20-40 from what I've seen personally.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
or maybe the best solution is to block all pet cards from being used in matches outside of the lvl 50 ones or maybe lvl 45+ ones

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Oh the Drama in PVP, stop the insanity! lol. I do agree it is unfair. "persay" to other people who do pvp on a daily bases in W101.

PVP means Player vs Player NOT Player vs Pet. The best thing that should be done is NOT ALLOW any pets in arena in the first place AT ALL. I do not PVP in W101, but I came from a huge PVP background on other MMOG's. PVP should be a test of skill of each PLAYER. Not pets.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Ok so after talking with some of the "cheaters" I've found out why they all are doing it....TO GET ARENA TICKETS AT A LOW LEVEL. They use these pets (or Judgement cards which is a whole other topic but I feel the same about that as I do these zilla pets) to easily win against these low level low geared low health players for lots of tickets so they can purchase the non level yet only pvp ranked required gear and then when they start getting too high of a rank...oh and here's the kicker...they lose one or two matches so they're way down and fight these same guys again. I found this out from coming across a couple of them who say "kill me fast because I'm downranking" and then had them explain what it meant by "downranking".

These cheaters are EXPLOITING the game by using these pets and spells. These cheaters are abusing a system that rewards their EXPLOITING over and over and over again because they can do it. Its not just the "zilla" pets that are an issue. I've came across a ninja pig pet that gives the player a high ranking Death spell that summons a vampire that does an insanely high amount of damage and then heals them too. I've came across some other pet that does Myth or Storm damage that does the same thing. I've seen another that looks like Judgement but is a different color and does insanely high damage. The typical amount of damage all of these pets do to players is 1500-5000 which no low level player will ever survive unless they happen to be the right class that has some sort of ward up before the cheater uses their pet card.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Man seriously something needs to be done with these exploiting cheaters using their pet cards to win these matches against players in these low levels. All that us "regular guys" do is feed them wins because they use pets that nobody that level could have ever earned by themself. There's nothing better than seeing a level 5 player one shot someone with over 1000 health because HIS PET CARD popped and he used it. This is completely out of hand.

And while we're on the subject of what's not fair, the same can be said for people who refuse to play their last card because they will automatically lose. I had an hour long fight that was 55 minutes+ of this guy refusing to play his last card because I countered his "zilla" card with a Legend Shield ward card at the right time. I reported him several times using the report person thing (btw you need to make that type box allow for more stuff to be typed because you just can't type enough in it and no KI employee talks to the person who reported the other person to ask what happened). I had to resort to coming over here to these forums and posting in the message boards about it because I know all posts are monitored and SOMEONE would read it & hoped that it was read while the match was going on.

Defender
May 30, 2009
158
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Gaymer wrote:
Man seriously something needs to be done with these exploiting cheaters using their pet cards to win these matches against players in these low levels. All that us "regular guys" do is feed them wins because they use pets that nobody that level could have ever earned by themself. There's nothing better than seeing a level 5 player one shot someone with over 1000 health because HIS PET CARD popped and he used it. This is completely out of hand.

And while we're on the subject of what's not fair, the same can be said for people who refuse to play their last card because they will automatically lose. I had an hour long fight that was 55 minutes+ of this guy refusing to play his last card because I countered his "zilla" card with a Legend Shield ward card at the right time. I reported him several times using the report person thing (btw you need to make that type box allow for more stuff to be typed because you just can't type enough in it and no KI employee talks to the person who reported the other person to ask what happened). I had to resort to coming over here to these forums and posting in the message boards about it because I know all posts are monitored and SOMEONE would read it & hoped that it was read while the match was going on.


It's not a reportable offense to pass when you only have one card left in a match. Ya might want to be a little more cautious about what you are reporting first by reading up on what IS reportable. I can sit in a match all day and heal or shield or pass and as long as I am alive, there is nothing my opponent can do about it.

I have read some of your other posts regarding PvP and maybe you should level up a bit more to get some better spells, use some of your training points for some shielding, or go to some of the fan sites and learn how to construct your deck a bit better to counteract some of these higher attacks you are receiving. You seem like someone who has obviously "been around the block" with MMO's so a little research on the subject shouldn't be that new to you.

Also, IMO, using the game to your advantage isn't cheating. I'm not saying it's the best strategy out there, but they are using the tools that are given to them to their advantage. That's about the same as, say, having a myth/storm team where the storm stuns and the myth removes the stuns with earthquake and the storm stuns again. It is neither cheap nor cheating as the game allows it and that team has obviously taken the time to figure out a plan going into battle.

PvP isn't my favorite place in the game but I have a warlord that I enjoy bringing into the arena from time to time and whether I win or lose, I know I have done my best. Sometimes my opponent is luckier than me by getting their cards up faster. Sometimes I fizz at the wrong time during a crucial point in the match. And sometimes I come across a wizard that is just better than me. You learn from your losses, change a few things and get back in or you don't PvP anymore. Simple as that.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
asutton75 wrote:
It's not a reportable offense to pass when you only have one card left in a match. Ya might want to be a little more cautious about what you are reporting first by reading up on what IS reportable. I can sit in a match all day and heal or shield or pass and as long as I am alive, there is nothing my opponent can do about it.


So sitting there passing for an hour when you only have 1 card left that will not take out your opponent isn't exploiting an aspect of the game. That sounds completely fair to all parties involved. I mean lets just sit there and pass every round for 4 hours and see who gets tired of waiting to be the winner instead of using your last card, getting a loss, and then going back in queue for another match that you might win or might lose that will give you more arena tickets and/or rank ups. Yeah sounds like the most logical thing in the world to me.

asutton75 wrote:
I have read some of your other posts regarding PvP and maybe you should level up a bit more to get some better spells, use some of your training points for some shielding, or go to some of the fan sites and learn how to construct your deck a bit better to counteract some of these higher attacks you are receiving. You seem like someone who has obviously "been around the block" with MMO's so a little research on the subject shouldn't be that new to you.


Yeah I have "been around the block" with MMO's and that doesn't change any of the facts of what I have posted IN MY SUGGESTION POST HERE. I have seen in many MMOs ways of countering this type of thing. For those who have played WoW know all about twinks and how overpowered they were in pvp and how hated they were by the general public and how Blizzard has fixed that sort of thing from happening now (for the most part). Those people who played twinks were generally people who couldn't cut it in max level pvp and so they took it out on lowbies (something tells me that's pretty much the same thing going on here too) because they know they had the potential to one shot "the average Joe" who steps into pvp without these megapowerful tools at their disposal. BTW the difference between those twinks in WoW and these lowbie cheater/exploiters is that in WoW there were no rewards you got from doing that while in Wiz101 you are actually rewarded for arena from level 1 (in WoW you have to be max rank to get perks from arena and can only get arena currency at max rank and its been that way for the 6 years the game has been in place with the exception of the first 2 years where you were required to gain reputation for pvp rewards for the non-max rank rewards) for winning or losing but can purchase ANYTHING at level 1 as long as you have the pvp ranking to purchase it. That's a substantial difference. Other MMOs have had similar pvp reward systems to what Blizzard has with WoW or matches people us based on a small level range with limitations on spells/enchantements/normalized health or damage for pvp combat to make things balanced out. Again HUGE difference from what is happening here.

As for your comment that I should just level up and spend my training points on shields or find other ways to counter those moves, are you seriously suggesting to someone that the only way they can play lowbie pvp is to head to the library and buy shield cards every single time they want to do pvp and spend hundereds of gold per match to just level the playing field because some jerk wants to exploit the current system? Really??? So basically what you're saying is that the ONLY way to counter these level 5 players is to bring in a high level character who spends talent points on shield talents OR for people to spend hundreds of gold each match on shields from the card vendors/auction house just to level the playing field? Sounds completely logical and reasonable to me. I mean, why fix these kind of cheating/exploitation when the solution is so simple as you have described.

My "other posts regarding pvp" have all been the same thing....low level players (we're talking lvl 5-10) going into a match with an epic aged pet or one of these "zilla" pets that have anywhere from 30 to 80 wins with low double digit losses (highest loss amount I've seen so far has been 28 with 73 wins on a lvl 9 storm wizard) that have high ranking titles in pvp. I think my favorite was the guy who, what I called exploited, refused to play his last card because he would lose and was ranked a CAPTAIN at the high level of FIVE (32 wins 4 losses).

asutton75 wrote:
Also, IMO, using the game to your advantage isn't cheating. I'm not saying it's the best strategy out there, but they are using the tools that are given to them to their advantage. That's about the same as, say, having a myth/storm team where the storm stuns and the myth removes the stuns with earthquake and the storm stuns again. It is neither cheap nor cheating as the game allows it and that team has obviously taken the time to figure out a plan going into battle.


So what you're saying is that it takes some skill to make sure that your combos actually work properly in these HIGH LEVEL PLAYER who have learned a good combo for pvp? How exactly is using your class skills with another class that compliments yours cheating or cheap or compare to what I was describing? I'm talking about LOW LEVEL PLAYERS who use a PET CARD (note not something that everyone in that class learns but something that a high level character has to obtain and put in the shared bank for this low level character to pick up and use) and nothing else to win. Every MMO that has grouped pvp has had some sort of combo within that game that compliments each other that are wrecking balls in pvp...completely unstoppable. Its the nature of pvp. Game developers take that feedback of how powerful combos are and nerf them (for those who don't know what nerf means it means tweak the spells/abilities to be less powerful and balance out aspects of something) to bring things more in line with other classes. THAT is what needs to be done here.

asutton75 wrote:
PvP isn't my favorite place in the game but I have a warlord that I enjoy bringing into the arena from time to time and whether I win or lose, I know I have done my best. Sometimes my opponent is luckier than me by getting their cards up faster. Sometimes I fizz at the wrong time during a crucial point in the match. And sometimes I come across a wizard that is just better than me. You learn from your losses, change a few things and get back in or you don't PvP anymore. Simple as that.


Ok you're describing things that actually take skill, thinking, or pure unlucky moments. None of those things describe any aspect of what I have brought up in this thread. Having your high level character obtain a powerful pet and then put it in your shared bank for a level 1 character to use in pvp takes NO SKILL, THINKING OR LUCK. Waiting for a pet card to pop takes NO SKILL, THINKING OR LUCK. Using that pet card after you get 5 pips takes NO SKILL, THINKING OR LUCK. Using that pet card that fizzled the first time you cast it takes NO SKILL, THINKING OR LUCK. Do you not see the difference in what I have described and what you are describing about high level pvp or is the real truth that you are one of these people that use those kind of pets in lowbie arena and don't want it taken away from you?

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
90
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
asutton75 wrote:
Gaymer wrote:
Man seriously something needs to be done with these exploiting cheaters using their pet cards to win these matches against players in these low levels. All that us "regular guys" do is feed them wins because they use pets that nobody that level could have ever earned by themself. There's nothing better than seeing a level 5 player one shot someone with over 1000 health because HIS PET CARD popped and he used it. This is completely out of hand.

And while we're on the subject of what's not fair, the same can be said for people who refuse to play their last card because they will automatically lose. I had an hour long fight that was 55 minutes+ of this guy refusing to play his last card because I countered his "zilla" card with a Legend Shield ward card at the right time. I reported him several times using the report person thing (btw you need to make that type box allow for more stuff to be typed because you just can't type enough in it and no KI employee talks to the person who reported the other person to ask what happened). I had to resort to coming over here to these forums and posting in the message boards about it because I know all posts are monitored and SOMEONE would read it & hoped that it was read while the match was going on.


It's not a reportable offense to pass when you only have one card left in a match. Ya might want to be a little more cautious about what you are reporting first by reading up on what IS reportable. I can sit in a match all day and heal or shield or pass and as long as I am alive, there is nothing my opponent can do about it.

I have read some of your other posts regarding PvP and maybe you should level up a bit more to get some better spells, use some of your training points for some shielding, or go to some of the fan sites and learn how to construct your deck a bit better to counteract some of these higher attacks you are receiving. You seem like someone who has obviously "been around the block" with MMO's so a little research on the subject shouldn't be that new to you.

Also, IMO, using the game to your advantage isn't cheating. I'm not saying it's the best strategy out there, but they are using the tools that are given to them to their advantage. That's about the same as, say, having a myth/storm team where the storm stuns and the myth removes the stuns with earthquake and the storm stuns again. It is neither cheap nor cheating as the game allows it and that team has obviously taken the time to figure out a plan going into battle.

PvP isn't my favorite place in the game but I have a warlord that I enjoy bringing into the arena from time to time and whether I win or lose, I know I have done my best. Sometimes my opponent is luckier than me by getting their cards up faster. Sometimes I fizz at the wrong time during a crucial point in the match. And sometimes I come across a wizard that is just better than me. You learn from your losses, change a few things and get back in or you don't PvP anymore. Simple as that.


How is it cheating perfectly legal. We're not talking about wild bolt here. Learn to shield and th eproblem is averted.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
991
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
Gaymer wrote:
OK this is extremely irritating to see how many people are taking an adult or higher aged Stormzilla, Grimzilla, Flamezilla, Frostzilla, and/or Mythzilla from their grandmaster and passing it down to their lvl 1-15 (seeing it A LOT in the 5-10 range) to take into the arena and do nothing but wait for the card to show up or show available to use and essentially one shot people because of how much dmg it does to people with virtually no health AND these same people using those pets are high ranked...99% sure its because of the fact that they are using said pets to totally annihilate their competition. On 4 seperate occasions tonight against 4 different players (all ranked knight or captain or something higher than private) I ran into a "zilla" player. I managed to actually kill one of them because I was on my Balance/Fire toon and happened to be against a Mythzilla and had both Elemental Shield, Glacial Shield, and Weakness up so I only got hit for like 100ish damage.

Ok what my suggestion is is to put a block on those and any other powerful pets similar to those (I'm new to the game so I don't know which ones would be powerful like those) from being passed to other characters via the shared bank (I know you can do that because I've ran into other things that I couldn't put into the shared bank) or being used in the arena or putting a level restriction on those types of pets from being equipped or doing something else to prevent these types of things from being used from low level characters.

Yes I know that I will probably get flamed by a lot of people but my guess is the people who wish to flame me are those same people that use such things in the arena for exactly those reasons.
hmm I think a better suggestion would be putting a level on it like as in level 45+

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
corniilius wrote:
How is it cheating perfectly legal. We're not talking about wild bolt here. Learn to shield and th eproblem is averted.


So what you're saying is that lowbies have to go pay hundreds of gold every single time they step into arena for shields (which btw can easily be removed by fire wizards that use a firezilla and use a fire elf to remove the shield you put up to stop their "fun" while they get the pips back to summon their zilla you can't do anything since the dot goes away the round AFTER they put back up their +fire damage buffs and summon their zilla) to counter a lvl 5 who's exploiting the shared bank giving them a pet that nobody that level should have just to even out the playing field? What about those balance shields for the judgement players? How do you say we counter that since there are no balance ward out there from what I'm told? Not every class gets a ward that can counter ALL of the zilla pets so you have to spend your hard earned gold on treasure cards off the auction house or librarian just to level the playing field from people who are abusing a system that allows them to do so.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
90
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
gamer93277 wrote:
corniilius wrote:
How is it cheating perfectly legal. We're not talking about wild bolt here. Learn to shield and the problem is averted.


So what you're saying is that lowbies have to go pay hundreds of gold every single time they step into arena for shields (which btw can easily be removed by fire wizards that use a firezilla and use a fire elf to remove the shield you put up to stop their "fun" while they get the pips back to summon their zilla you can't do anything since the dot goes away the round AFTER they put back up their +fire damage buffs and summon their zilla) to counter a lvl 5 who's exploiting the shared bank giving them a pet that nobody that level should have just to even out the playing field? What about those balance shields for the judgement players? How do you say we counter that since there are no balance ward out there from what I'm told? Not every class gets a ward that can counter ALL of the zilla pets so you have to spend your hard earned gold on treasure cards off the auction house or librarian just to level the playing field from people who are abusing a system that allows them to do so.


So you are telling me that you want everything to be easy? Good pvpers would find a way around the zilla. the real scenario is a grand thinks they are going to have an easy match bacause they see a low amount of life. they don't shield enough, wait to cast their flashy high level spell and get pwned by a low level wizard. then they come on this board to whine about it. The zilla pet comes with a gift card, which was bought with real money. They have every right to use it. Learn to become a better player and this won't happen to you.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
corniilius wrote:
So you are telling me that you want everything to be easy? Good pvpers would find a way around the zilla. the real scenario is a grand thinks they are going to have an easy match bacause they see a low amount of life. they don't shield enough, wait to cast their flashy high level spell and get pwned by a low level wizard. then they come on this board to whine about it. The zilla pet comes with a gift card, which was bought with real money. They have every right to use it. Learn to become a better player and this won't happen to you.


Um can you point out where in any of my posts I have said that "a grand" is getting owned by a lowbie? I'm referring to lowbies (lvl 5-10) fighting other lowbies (under lvl 20) and using these pets to exploit a system that allows them to do so and cheat their way to gear & arena tickets that they don't deserve because all they are doing is using a pet card, judgement card, or other high level things that someone their level should not have access to because they are using a pet card or passing a high level card to their deck via the shared bank and a high lvl toon getting it for them. I have never said that I want pvp to be EASY. I have said make it FAIR. There is a difference. Fights that I have lost to equally geared and skilled players I actually enjoy because the fight itself was fun. Fights where the first thing I see is a "zilla" pet give me a headache because I already know I'm going to lose it because, as I have already stated, they are exploiting a system that allows them to cheat their way to a win.

And yeah, there are SOME ways around these "zilla" pet cards but, again as I pointed out before, they require spending a lot of gold prior to every match and can not be done vs a fire wizard using firezilla or flamezilla (whatever its name is) because they just throw a fire elf out to bust your fire ward (or 3 fire wards) and on that third tick of the dot you're hit with the zilla pet and die. Yeah, sounds like a perfect way to survive that senario.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
22
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
corniilius wrote:
The zilla pet comes with a gift card, which was bought with real money.


You know, I thought I'd ask exactly what pet purchased with crowns gives the zilla pets because looking at the pet shops and at the crown shop I don't see ANY pets that give a zilla card. Also my understanding is that to get most of the zilla pets require breeding.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
258
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
bravevline wrote:
Gaymer wrote:
OK this is extremely irritating to see how many people are taking an adult or higher aged Stormzilla, Grimzilla, Flamezilla, Frostzilla, and/or Mythzilla from their grandmaster and passing it down to their lvl 1-15 (seeing it A LOT in the 5-10 range) to take into the arena and do nothing but wait for the card to show up or show available to use and essentially one shot people because of how much dmg it does to people with virtually no health AND these same people using those pets are high ranked...99% sure its because of the fact that they are using said pets to totally annihilate their competition. On 4 seperate occasions tonight against 4 different players (all ranked knight or captain or something higher than private) I ran into a "zilla" player. I managed to actually kill one of them because I was on my Balance/Fire toon and happened to be against a Mythzilla and had both Elemental Shield, Glacial Shield, and Weakness up so I only got hit for like 100ish damage.

Ok what my suggestion is is to put a block on those and any other powerful pets similar to those (I'm new to the game so I don't know which ones would be powerful like those) from being passed to other characters via the shared bank (I know you can do that because I've ran into other things that I couldn't put into the shared bank) or being used in the arena or putting a level restriction on those types of pets from being equipped or doing something else to prevent these types of things from being used from low level characters.

Yes I know that I will probably get flamed by a lot of people but my guess is the people who wish to flame me are those same people that use such things in the arena for exactly those reasons.
hmm I think a better suggestion would be putting a level on it like as in level 45+


Perfect idea.


Edit


Oh and do it for all other level 48 pets cause i battled a death guy and he just buffed and used the wraith.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2010
1
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
I agree, as a new player I am just starting to pvp and it's really discouraging for me to want to continue if this is what dueling will be like. Every time I end up against someone with one of the zilla pets they just cast shields until they get enough pips to let their pet attack for more than my health. There was even one girl that taunted me about doing it. I just hope this problem is remedied in a timely manner.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
39
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
so what so what if they can use it let them use it my lvl 16 warlord fights level 50 do you think a level 16 facing a level 50 did not have a spell that cant do over 450 without buffs do you think thats FAIR thats why i have my mythzilla i dont think its cheating i beat zilla players all the time you want to win you do everything you can to do so right? and if that means using stormzilla on a level 1 i'll do so

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
115
Re: Stormzilla & other "zilla" pets in lowbie pvp
gamer93277 wrote:
corniilius wrote:
The zilla pet comes with a gift card, which was bought with real money.


You know, I thought I'd ask exactly what pet purchased with crowns gives the zilla pets because looking at the pet shops and at the crown shop I don't see ANY pets that give a zilla card. Also my understanding is that to get most of the zilla pets require breeding.


Sigh... not saying I am an expert on wizard101 or anything, but seriously, get to know the game better, most of your questions will be answersed by yourself later on...
Firezilla comes from a firezilla/flamezilla/burnzilla? (I think)
other zillas come via hatching.....

so the firezillas cost money, the hybrids can cost great amounts of time to get, costing near 50k at 25%...

If someone earned something, they should be able to use it.