Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm needs more health

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
1
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
503
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
Speaking as a Promethean Storm wizard, I haven't had that much problems with my health.

Storm was meant to hit more than the other schools and, as a result, suffers in health and accuracy. However, as the game goes on you can get more of both. My Storm is currently sitting at (depending on the gear I use) high 2000's health or low 3000's health. With this, my damage, my resist and my pet I can get through most things solo. The strategy you use also helps.

Try tailoring your strategy to work with your low health. It really pays off when you do so.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
252
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
No, is supposed to have low health to make up for their high damage attacks. is high damage to, but not as high.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
More health is one thought, or more defense. Increased pip chance would be nice as well.

Not asking for the world here, just slightly more would be enough.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
Storm has the least amount of health because it has the strongest base spells. Fire is second.
This will not change. All schools balance out.
You must learn how to deal with it...that's all.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
452
Well, sometimes your health amount depends on the type of clothing you wear. Also, storm has an extremely high damage rate so it has to give up a little with the health.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
27
wolf strongsword on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
Why can't storm have more health. Storm should have as much as fire. My fire friend has almost five thousand health. that is all.
If storm got more health, then storm would be better than any school. You can't have both big health and huge attacks.

Explorer
May 16, 2009
97
In my opinion, each school has some sort of "perk" to it. Here's what I've gathered from my experience playing:
- Good all around, difficult to counter due to having little wards against balance, great warding ability
- Great for tanking, has a lot of health, best at defence, sacrifices raw power for survivability.
- Average stats, fire is meant to do damage over time and cause confusion
- High amount of Raw Power, a lot of mana, however storm trades in maximum health for power
- Average stats, Best at healing allies, great warding ability.
- Average stats, best at supporting self and hindering enemies with traps, life steal.
- Average stats, can bypass a single shield by using a spell like minotaur or orthrus.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
88
That is a disadvantage of being a Storm wiz I think Ki has made it that way to try to balance things out...cause honestly storm does very high damage in spells....and most of storm spells are higher than other school spells..my storm friend she is max level but only 3,183 health I am death max and have 4,989 and 5,011 with good health gear. So I think its just something KI has done

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
28
I agree storm needs more health added to their school you should at least have 1500 naturally at level 40

I'm level 43 and I have under 1200 health Without any armor at all

It's ridiculous I have to call a friend for abattoir on the streets

I can't win the game with the storm element and I don't want to start over because I'm in dragons pyre i have 3 bundle houses and to top it all of I have a lore spell

Storm wizards should receive an exclusive elixer for doing a quest that gives them 550 bonus health forever

Who's with me!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
I am tired of people saying "no" to any storm bonus just because of some vague statements made at the beginning of the game. It has been years since then, things changed, and it's too hard to play as storm now.

Let's get real, people. Quoting the "high damage" statement is just like saying "Well, birds have wings so they can fly. It wouldn't be fair in the food chain if other animals could do that." Ok, but what about penguins? What about ostriches? What about flying insects? What about bats?

So no, Storm doesn't just have low health because it has the most damaging attacks. Storm has low health because KI repeatedly makes decisions that favor other schools and forget about Storm.

People who are saying no.

Survivor
May 04, 2013
15
This will not change. I am sorry, but all schools have pros and cons, and if this balance of power is tipped towards the pros of the school, then one school is going to have an unfair advantage above other schools. If you are unhappy with your storm wizard then I would suggest trying a different primary school.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
53
Lucas Rain on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I am tired of people saying "no" to any storm bonus just because of some vague statements made at the beginning of the game. It has been years since then, things changed, and it's too hard to play as storm now.

Let's get real, people. Quoting the "high damage" statement is just like saying "Well, birds have wings so they can fly. It wouldn't be fair in the food chain if other animals could do that." Ok, but what about penguins? What about ostriches? What about flying insects? What about bats?

So no, Storm doesn't just have low health because it has the most damaging attacks. Storm has low health because KI repeatedly makes decisions that favor other schools and forget about Storm.

People who are saying no.
KI forgets about storm? Let me give you some stats for a level 90 Storm wizard.

- Can get over 400 critical and 100% damage while still have 20% resist and 100 block
- Usually has about 3,000 health
- Max critical: Over 600
- Max damage: 140
- Has one of the strongest spells in the game so far, Storm Owl, which if enchanted can do over 10,000 with no blades if it gets a critical
- Able to defeat wandering Azteca (and Khrysalis) enemies with a single tempest, sometimes on the first round
- Still has strength of a level 90 Death wizard if using Jade gear of Mystery
- Has Sirens, which does a lot of damage to all enemies, removes 2 of their blades, puts a black mantle on them, and then reduces the threat on the one who casted it

Anybody got more reasons?

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
204
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
KI forgets about storm? Let me give you some stats for a level 90 Storm wizard.

- Can get over 400 critical and 100% damage while still have 20% resist and 100 block
- Usually has about 3,000 health
- Max critical: Over 600
- Max damage: 140
- Has one of the strongest spells in the game so far, Storm Owl, which if enchanted can do over 10,000 with no blades if it gets a critical
- Able to defeat wandering Azteca (and Khrysalis) enemies with a single tempest, sometimes on the first round
- Still has strength of a level 90 Death wizard if using Jade gear of Mystery
- Has Sirens, which does a lot of damage to all enemies, removes 2 of their blades, puts a black mantle on them, and then reduces the threat on the one who casted it

Anybody got more reasons?
Yes they got cleanse charm, so they don't have to attack to get rid of weakness

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
96
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
If storm got more health, then storm would be better than any school. You can't have both big health and huge attacks.
They still wouldn't be better than Ice, I mean come on! 100000000 Storm damage=0 damage on Ice(if your using the right gear).

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
402
Storm is a school of power not health it is known for it's not always reliable but powerful attacks and with more health storm would without a doubt be the strongest school PVP would become a nightmare wizards and witches would go crazy over how OP storm is and the spiral as we know it would end.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
34
As a storm wizard myself, I have to say, giving them more health kinda defeats the point.

I could say a lot about the balance between the different schools of magic, but I can tell that message would fall on deaf ears. So instead, I'd like to go a different route with it. I think that there are points in Wizard101 that are quite difficult to solo. Imagine how long it would take to get to Wintertusk if you didn't have help with Jotun and the Raven Bosses. Imagine how difficult it would be to get past Malistare. Sometimes, even fighting creatures you have a type disadvantage against can be hard to deal with alone. I understand that being able to handle everything by yourself is empowering, but it is that way because it is much harder. When you are alone, the other schools can't cover for your shortcomings. Although storm can 1-shot the boss and wipe out minions in a single attack, often they find themselves victims of the same fate. That is what Storm is. If you give it too much health, then it becomes different itself. Sometimes, even in real life, we just have to suffer for our shortcomings. In the attempts to solo storm, you probably will die multiple times; however, that doesn't make it a bad school. Like all the other schools, it fills a unique role which only it can fill. Only storm wizards can preform certain tasks, that is why people still choose the school of storm.

KI has done a marvelous job of understanding what roles each school plays, both on a solo and team dynamic. Even though I've been playing since the first generation, it doesn't feel like the schools have changed a bit to me. If you say storm needs more health, it makes me feel as though you aren't looking at the bigger picture. I'm sure if you are storm, you always want more health, however, there are things you can do to compensate for this, and if you can't, you can always rely on your friends. There is no shame in that.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Lucas Rain on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I am tired of people saying "no" to any storm bonus just because of some vague statements made at the beginning of the game. It has been years since then, things changed, and it's too hard to play as storm now.

Let's get real, people. Quoting the "high damage" statement is just like saying "Well, birds have wings so they can fly. It wouldn't be fair in the food chain if other animals could do that." Ok, but what about penguins? What about ostriches? What about flying insects? What about bats?

So no, Storm doesn't just have low health because it has the most damaging attacks. Storm has low health because KI repeatedly makes decisions that favor other schools and forget about Storm.

People who are saying no.
Ok, then no more quoting high damage being storm's ONLY good point for the reason why other schools can't have certain spells. This goes both ways. I understand your issue, and I dont have a problem with it, however,that seems to be why KI does what they do for the bulk of the game. As everybody keeps saying, things need to be balanced, so if you want storm to have better health, then you need to be willing to give up the monopoly storm has on damage, because, as others point out, what else does storm have besides damage?

All in all, I dont think it will happen though

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
Storm would be too overpowered if that happened. The strong attacks make up for the low health.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 51 theurgist

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
Coyle Thundershard on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
I agree storm needs more health added to their school you should at least have 1500 naturally at level 40

I'm level 43 and I have under 1200 health Without any armor at all

It's ridiculous I have to call a friend for abattoir on the streets

I can't win the game with the storm element and I don't want to start over because I'm in dragons pyre i have 3 bundle houses and to top it all of I have a lore spell

Storm wizards should receive an exclusive elixer for doing a quest that gives them 550 bonus health forever

Who's with me!
I can't agree with you here, you are making storm overpowered. Okay, say storm did have 1500 base health at level 40, they would have around the same amount of health as life and balance wizards. Now, let's say you were level 40 and you did that elixir quest. Add 1500 heath to 550 health, you now have 2050 health. At level 40, naturally. You have around 300 more health then ice wizards. Okay, now you have the most powerful spells, as well as the most base health. Now, what do you think, eh? Is that fair?

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 51 theurgist

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
10
The reason, i believe that storm has little health as it is the the strongest school and for it to have lots of health would be pretty over powered. That is also why Storm spells fizzle the most because Storm is just so powerful.

With this i believe that Storm does not need more health.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
12
Shayden181 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
They still wouldn't be better than Ice, I mean come on! 100000000 Storm damage=0 damage on Ice(if your using the right gear).
one thing: armour peircing a well dedicated storm can convert then use a pierce owl which could go straight through your resist some wizards have the black thunder set which gives them 15 piercing from gear 15 from infal and maybe 15 from enchantment. thats 45% peircing which with convert there little resist left.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
175
Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
53
Shayden181 on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
They still wouldn't be better than Ice, I mean come on! 100000000 Storm damage=0 damage on Ice(if your using the right gear).
It's called Piercing.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
10
was meant to have low health so they can hit really high damage
i think fire is the same thing

1