Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm going backwards? We Need Improvements.

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
darthjt wrote:


Storm does not deserve an over time spell? Then other schools do not deserve the increase in power and health that they have been getting.

As of late, storm has been getting a decrease in power, a decrease in the power of their spells, and yet, no substancial increase in health.

You say you dont like to watch storm kill everything in PvP or PvE, but it is storms job to attack quickly, since they have the least amount of resistance, critical block, and health. If Storm had a DoT spell, that would work over time, giving others a chance to blade up and attack for a change.

Also, there is Triage, which nullifies DoT affects.

Every school has gotten good increases, yet storm keeps getting decreased and yet, get nothing back to compensate, no health, no good minion, didn't get more critical block or resistance.

Again, I ask that people that post, please check your facts before you tell someone that they are wrong.



Thanks darthjt, That's the Main Point we Storm Wizards Have been Talking about.



As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change due to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
101
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!
i agree

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
404
Agree! I see Transcended Diviners with 2,500 health! I see Sirens doing 300 damage! I see.......A fizzle. Although I am a Pyromancer, my brother has a secondary wizard a Magus Diviner. Wild Bolt ALWAYS hits 100 for him! Triton is shielded! I say Diviners should rebel!
Things Required to Patch this:

Sirens is powered up to at least 950
Wild Bolt is changed to 275, 500, or 1000
A new spell, like WinterTusk had, does DoT, so you don't need Storm Elf
Health increases
We all get cookies!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
As a Diviner, I say we don't need a DoT. I, for one, am sick and tired of everyone saying their school needs a DoT just for shield piercing purposes. Stop taking the easy way out. First, no. You must be doing something wrong if you can't manage to get a good hit with shields cast. Second, if you want a DoT so badly there is Storm Hound. I can't believe I'm saying this, but where are the guys who complain about how easy this game is?

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
Two questions, what type of DoT do you want it to be? The types are:
Initial Hit- 3 types, front heavy (like dragon does), back heavy (snow angle), or balanced (rain of fire)
FH- Pro: you get your damage out quickly Con: its the most easily blocked by shields, and you are dependent on that IH killing (DoT is kind of weak)
BH Pro: shreds through shields, Con: weak without plenty of buildup, something I dont think storm can do efficiently, well placed triage can destroy this.
B- nice DoT, fairly good at killing shields, Con: weak without buildup (someone take over on this one, dont have this yet)
Plain old DoT (scald I am assuming you want an AoE, so thats the examples)
Pro: You eat up traps like the IH DoTs (for example, its a good finisher, as long as your partner 1: hits on same turn, and 2: doesnt fizzle)

And second, at this level, to me, it will be kind of for show, because you know that DoT's are generally more powerful damage/pip wise, correct? So, the DoT might be very powerful, and the storm shields will block most of the attack (looking at you dragon, minus powerful DoT). Unless they do something like the Baldur Goldpaws quests, this might hurt you more than it helps you.

I am not against it, nor trying to talk you out of it, I am just stating what I have noticed as a fire, and hoping not to start an argument.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Storm does need a DoT, but they don't need an AoE DoT like snow angel. Think about how much that would destroy pvp. If storm gets a DoT, it would need to be about 5 pips (so it can't be spammed) and most of the damage needs to be in the first hit. With storms huge damage, they would become overpowered if they could spam a DoT or deal damage around shields, they just need to be able to clear storm shields. Here is my suggestion:

Lightning storm, 5 pips, Text: 540 + 210 storm damage over 3 rounds.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
30
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!


Forget that! Every school wants to be like fire, everybody wants a DoT spell! So why don't we go ahead and give Ice more boost and give them their own double hit like storm has their boost and myth has their Minotaur. It's pathetic. I see storm wizards who are smart enough and spend just 2 training points, just to get fire elf & then make mutates. Why don't you do that? Face it, more schools would be at the bottom without a DoT spell. Death wouldn't make it, Ice wouldn't, and whatever other school has a DoT. (Except Myth). I see storms still being good at 1v1,2v2,3v3, & 4v4. You just need a better strategy. Just sayin'

Survivor
May 11, 2010
42
If you want a storm dot spell get the storm hound of if you dont have crowns be a fire wizard!!!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
172
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!
boy it sounds like your about to start a revolution. I have my own revloution against little kids hooray

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
130
Pablooooo wrote:
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!


Forget that! Every school wants to be like fire, everybody wants a DoT spell! So why don't we go ahead and give Ice more boost and give them their own double hit like storm has their boost and myth has their Minotaur. It's pathetic. I see storm wizards who are smart enough and spend just 2 training points, just to get fire elf & then make mutates. Why don't you do that? Face it, more schools would be at the bottom without a DoT spell. Death wouldn't make it, Ice wouldn't, and whatever other school has a DoT. (Except Myth). I see storms still being good at 1v1,2v2,3v3, & 4v4. You just need a better strategy. Just sayin'


Where would fire be without their efreet weakness and their damage/heal spells? Face it, every school is mixing into one another, so why should one school be limited to one kind of attack power?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!


My storm wizard is ok: 2521 health. That's good health for epic damage dealer. And also I have the Storm Hound pet with pierce train and piercemonger, so I don't have to worry about shields. The Storm Hound amulet is very helpful. I don't need to worry about shields too much, and my damage boost is still very high! Just try to get shield-breaking pet talents and amulets.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
6
I agree,
As a diviner myself i look at some pyromancers and they are like 6 levels below you and they have more health then you? Its just weird and its getting a bit annoying. I was talking with some friends and they were saying since Storm students have lower health then normal they are the powerfulest out of schools.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
30
Alexander5335 wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:
Daviato wrote:
As the school that suppose to do great amount of damage, I not seeing it! Everyone of course spam storm shields and they have good resistance...

I have long supported for Storm to get a Dot spell. Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.

The opposition say that Storm doesn't need one, well I am a Storm Wizard and from my experience as True Diviner, is very annoying we have to face storm shields from everyone.

YES we do need a over time spell, like it or not! We Storm Wizards are tired of facing shields all the time!

As a Storm wizard I will defend my school! If its downfall does come because other players oppose us to have a over time damage spell and want our damage to go lower, than I must say it was nice playing this game... I'm really tired of my school going backwards.

Oppose us, we are One, divided by Nothing... Storm Wizards is time to defend your school and don't let anymore foolishness make our school go backwards.

With the new Crafting gear, our Damage and Health drastically decreased. In another words, yes we are going backwards!

They heard other players to change Wild Bolt and Sirens... That's two spells that have been change do to people complaints.

We complaint and what do we get? Nothing.

Is Time for Storm Wizards to be heard!

Go Sparks!


Forget that! Every school wants to be like fire, everybody wants a DoT spell! So why don't we go ahead and give Ice more boost and give them their own double hit like storm has their boost and myth has their Minotaur. It's pathetic. I see storm wizards who are smart enough and spend just 2 training points, just to get fire elf & then make mutates. Why don't you do that? Face it, more schools would be at the bottom without a DoT spell. Death wouldn't make it, Ice wouldn't, and whatever other school has a DoT. (Except Myth). I see storms still being good at 1v1,2v2,3v3, & 4v4. You just need a better strategy. Just sayin'


Where would fire be without their efreet weakness and their damage/heal spells? Face it, every school is mixing into one another, so why should one school be limited to one kind of attack power?


Why bring Efreet in to this? As I have stated in another post before, Efreet allows Fire style. Which is fine. Fire has link, with out it we would just use fire elf which is basically the same thing without healing and we would still be at the top. Well why does every school want a DoT spell? Like I said, it's pathetic. You have prisms, use them! It is a low level spell and cost no pips! Use it before you attack and look at that! You no longer need a DoT spell. Every new spell idea I see, Storm needs a DoT, Life needs a DoT, Balance needs a DoT. Yeah right! It's not the school that needs a DoT, it's you that needs a better strategy. I have PvP'd on a Legend Storm and took out an Transcended Ice, which have the most health & most resist, & guess what I used? I used a prism right before I attacked and boom, I ended up winning. People want an "easy" game, an "easy" way out. Real gamers don't want "easy" stuff, we want a challenging game with out all those whiners out there who can't even go a day with out complaining.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Personally, and this is just my thoughts and opinions on this matter, I would like to see Storm get a spell like Orthrus!

Myth is supposed to be storms opposite.

We dont need a dot spell, but a dual attack would be so awesome for storm!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
Personally, and this is just my thoughts and opinions on this matter, I would like to see Storm get a spell like Orthrus!

Myth is supposed to be storms opposite.

We dont need a dot spell, but a dual attack would be so awesome for storm!


What does Storm being the opposite of Myth have anything to do with Storm getting a double attack spell? If anything, that means Storm should double heal, not have a double attack as well.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
avhop567 wrote:
boy it sounds like your about to start a revolution. I have my own revloution against little kids hooray


Maybe you're right making a social movement is what we need... No more unfairness to Storm Wizards.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Personally, and this is just my thoughts and opinions on this matter, I would like to see Storm get a spell like Orthrus!

Myth is supposed to be storms opposite.

We dont need a dot spell, but a dual attack would be so awesome for storm!


What does Storm being the opposite of Myth have anything to do with Storm getting a double attack spell? If anything, that means Storm should double heal, not have a double attack as well.


Heal would be for life as that is the opposite of death.

Did Ice not get Snow Angel, which is opposite of fire?

Just saying, it is an option vs a DoT spell.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Pablooooo wrote:

Forget that! Every school wants to be like fire, everybody wants a DoT spell! So why don't we go ahead and give Ice more boost and give them their own double hit like storm has their boost and myth has their Minotaur. It's pathetic. I see storm wizards who are smart enough and spend just 2 training points, just to get fire elf & then make mutates. Why don't you do that? Face it, more schools would be at the bottom without a DoT spell. Death wouldn't make it, Ice wouldn't, and whatever other school has a DoT. (Except Myth). I see storms still being good at 1v1,2v2,3v3, & 4v4. You just need a better strategy. Just sayin'


Then by your logic, fire shouldn't have its double shield, correct? I mean, shields are an ice thing, and every school is just trying to be like ice! By your logic, fire shouldn't have pixie, correct? Life's about substantial healing, fire is about unsubstantial healing (says so in their description.) Efreet shouldn't have weakness as single target global negative charms are balance! Maybe you need a better strategy that doesn't involve the other schools so you can see how Daviato feels.

The thing that bugs me about the OP is that it makes it look like storm is the only school going backwards, its not.

Storm just isn't moving forward as it can't get around shields.
Balance is moving backwards (WAY too complicated to explain.)
Life isn't moving forward (same reason as storm.)


Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
85
The downfall of storm will bring the reign of death much much closer. you complain of changed storm spells? to you they may be bad, but to others they'd rather take to gnome collosus (that what i call the Gnomes! spell) to the face! an aura storm spell? pvp should be shut down due to storm domination.

"To master necromancy, is to master fear itself"

Richard ShadowHeart lvl 63 Death

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
darthjt wrote:
Heal would be for life as that is the opposite of death.

Did Ice not get Snow Angel, which is opposite of fire?

Just saying, it is an option vs a DoT spell.


But you're assuming that Snow Angel's method of attack has something to do with the fact that Fire is the opposite of Ice. I just don't see the correlation. Anyway, I don't see why Storm needs a DoT or a double attack spell in the first place.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
Solstice64 wrote:
Pablooooo wrote:

Forget that! Every school wants to be like fire, everybody wants a DoT spell! So why don't we go ahead and give Ice more boost and give them their own double hit like storm has their boost and myth has their Minotaur. It's pathetic. I see storm wizards who are smart enough and spend just 2 training points, just to get fire elf & then make mutates. Why don't you do that? Face it, more schools would be at the bottom without a DoT spell. Death wouldn't make it, Ice wouldn't, and whatever other school has a DoT. (Except Myth). I see storms still being good at 1v1,2v2,3v3, & 4v4. You just need a better strategy. Just sayin'


Then by your logic, fire shouldn't have its double shield, correct? I mean, shields are an ice thing, and every school is just trying to be like ice! By your logic, fire shouldn't have pixie, correct? Life's about substantial healing, fire is about unsubstantial healing (says so in their description.) Efreet shouldn't have weakness as single target global negative charms are balance! Maybe you need a better strategy that doesn't involve the other schools so you can see how Daviato feels.

The thing that bugs me about the OP is that it makes it look like storm is the only school going backwards, its not.

Storm just isn't moving forward as it can't get around shields.
Balance is moving backwards (WAY too complicated to explain.)
Life isn't moving forward (same reason as storm.)



Lol man you and your problem with efreet. Again storm actually has two DoTs. 90% of players have a lot of crowns and buying back training points isn't a problem to them. If you have two training points buy fire elf, go to the bazaar where they are 100 of mutate storm elf spells. Get the storm hound amulet. I never really PvPed with my storm, but most of my storm friends are warlords. I'm suprised no one said this yet but look what happens if storm gets a real card Dot, no itemcard, or treasure this is what happens. Storm wizard set up for next two attacks. Wizard they face shields. The Storm uses the DoT, no more shield for wizard they face. Two turns two power pips, colossal, storm blade, and kraken. Enchanted Kraken hits (wizard storm faces has no shield because of the dot) the storm almost positive wins. Most storms have about 70+ attack stat, and when I do PvP tournaments at PvP arena castles on my storm, yes they storm shield. What do I do? Stormblade, shield, elmental blade, colossal on my spell, trap and hit. I do about 1,500+ dmg. I only have 72% attack stat on my storm.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
61
Daviato, you're giving me ideas. We should unionize! Storm Guild, with the people making this happen at the top. Imagine it: KingsIsle releases a Level 90 expansion, gives us proud Diviners a spell with lower damage than anyone else, and we decide to terrorize PvP! That would be so funny. But I agree, we DEFINITELY should band together and do something about things if this keeps going on.
KingsIsle, the truth is we just intimidate people, and decimate people who we don't!
Bradley EmaraldThron
Stormchaser
Incredibly proud of it

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
gatorjaw wrote:
Daviato, you're giving me ideas. We should unionize! Storm Guild, with the people making this happen at the top. Imagine it: KingsIsle releases a Level 90 expansion, gives us proud Diviners a spell with lower damage than anyone else, and we decide to terrorize PvP! That would be so funny. But I agree, we DEFINITELY should band together and do something about things if this keeps going on.
KingsIsle, the truth is we just intimidate people, and decimate people who we don't!
Bradley EmaraldThron
Stormchaser
Incredibly proud of it


Bradley the truth is Storm doesn't scare anyone and you don't really decimate anyone. In grouped PvP the only way you can "intimadate" or "decimate" is if you have some healing and shielding you. 1v1 storm isn't the best, but it can win if you use strategy. Storm really needs to be carried in group PvP to keep going. Fire, myth, ice get hated on and have people spam false reports on them (or at least me) because people nowadays can't come up with strategies. When us teens or if your adults were kids and played competative games we never did this. We never said something was overpowered or underpowered or was going "backwards" if we lost we dealt with it. When you say DoT spells are needed by storm do you really know what a DoT is actually used for? DoTs were to do damage overtime so healing doesn't dust the dmg away. You guys want one just for the soul purpose of breaking shields so your enemy is left open. KI knows thats why you want one and thats why they haven't really made you guys one.
Solstice64 you said the only reason you play W101 is for PvP, well no matter how many people do it PvP is a minor feature of the game no more inportant than gardening or crafting. If thats the only reason you play and you decide to call out schools you have problems with in PvP then don't play. The second you quit 50 other people have just subscribed. You guys abuse the fact KI listen to the people. Just because you pay money to them doesn't mean you can whine about schools you don't like. In PvP fire and myth are what you called schools people don't like and a reason people don't have those wizards. Davito you really want storm to get a real DoT, but for the wrong reason that'd make PvP in an even worse condition. I have a storm and a death they aren't the best in PvP, but they can hold their own without a Dots. This whole revolution or what I call "The drained storm wizards' circle" is just completely wasting KI's time and if people didn't complain so much others would probably be fighting Morganthe right now.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Happy
Holidays!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Heal would be for life as that is the opposite of death.

Did Ice not get Snow Angel, which is opposite of fire?

Just saying, it is an option vs a DoT spell.


But you're assuming that Snow Angel's method of attack has something to do with the fact that Fire is the opposite of Ice. I just don't see the correlation. Anyway, I don't see why Storm needs a DoT or a double attack spell in the first place.


You don't see any correlation? Really?
You also don't see why storm needs a DoT or Double attack, well, I don't see why Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, but he did and had the great fall.

I know most people are Jealous of storms power. However, all schools have been getting a serious increase in power, even Ice.

Storm has the worst minion possible in the game!

In PvP, everyone has storm shields, unless they are clueless on how to play PvP.

Now, I am smart enough to have gotten fire elf and mutate cards, I also have a storm hound with good talents, but is it fair that Storm is the only school that does not have an over time spell?

If you say life doesn't, it has Regenerate, which is not damage over time, but is a heal over time and can quite easily heal over 1000 per round! Yes, I do think life should also get a damage over time spell.

The point of the matter is, everyone whines and complains and gets storms power knocked down and their spells changed. Sometimes it is acceptable and sometimes it is not. But if storm is going to be kept on a leash, then storm should be compensated, like getting more health, since everyone else is getting more power.

Everyone sees what they want, but they don't see things in an equal and balanced way.

1