Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storing gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 02, 2012
I was thinking, and it would be so helpful if there was a way to keep gear you can't wear yet or something at your dorm. I was playing and i realized that half my bank and backpack is just no auction clothes or clothing that I can't wear yet due to level. Maybe you could keep them in dressers or something? This would just be a really nice add to the game.

Abigail Firecaster
lvl 77

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Well, that's what the bank is for...

If you are talking about a mannequin for displaying gear, I would like to have one of those. It would be cool to put together a waterworks collection.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
scarlet night on Nov 19, 2016 wrote:
I was thinking, and it would be so helpful if there was a way to keep gear you can't wear yet or something at your dorm. I was playing and i realized that half my bank and backpack is just no auction clothes or clothing that I can't wear yet due to level. Maybe you could keep them in dressers or something? This would just be a really nice add to the game.

Abigail Firecaster
lvl 77
I think there is a clothing storage thing that you can place in your house. It's available in the crown shop called the gear vault.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
They have Gear Vaults and Seed Vaults currently in game. They are both craftable or you can purchase in the Crown shop. Good luck!

Explorer
May 02, 2012
Oh I haven't heard of those XD thank you :)
Andrea Dragontamer
lvl 94

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I hadn't heard of gear vaults either. When they had a recent sale on them I tried to buy a couple for each wizard. I think there is a limit how many you can put in each of your houses.

The gear vault holds 100 items. They also make seed vaults if you have been storing up your seeds. I haven't gardened yet so I had been feeding seeds (even ones that I later learned are rare) to pets. I didn't know what else to do with them to make room.

The vaults are expensive. But you can also craft the vaults I think. I haven't done that yet. Maybe someone else can share how.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
SparkleTude on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
I hadn't heard of gear vaults either. When they had a recent sale on them I tried to buy a couple for each wizard. I think there is a limit how many you can put in each of your houses.

The gear vault holds 100 items. They also make seed vaults if you have been storing up your seeds. I haven't gardened yet so I had been feeding seeds (even ones that I later learned are rare) to pets. I didn't know what else to do with them to make room.

The vaults are expensive. But you can also craft the vaults I think. I haven't done that yet. Maybe someone else can share how.
I think Toshio in Mooshu's Jade Palace has the recipes, he at least has the Seed Vault recipe. I'd say the hardest ingredients are the Braided Vines, but that could just be my terrible luck (I only have one from all my gardening ever). Not sure about the Gear Vault though (my gear's transferred onto my other characters, the Bazaar, used, or my pets' stomachs).

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
you have the male and female mannequins are found by talking to the marleybone crafter....
the gear/seed vaults are found by talking to the mooshu crafter...
neat item, the merry go round in the commons, dragonspyre crafting teacher has it

talk to them and hit the little housing icon at the top right of their window....

the mannequin works by placing it down, hitting it like you would a music player to put music in, and add your robes, hats, and boots..... sadly no wands.. you can only have 7 total though