Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stitch Items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
I think that a nice game inprovment to Wizard101 Is that you would have the option to choose gold to stitch items or use crowns. We spend enough money on crowns for pets outfits and mount etc

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
catjen wrote:
I think that a nice game inprovment to Wizard101 Is that you would have the option to choose gold to stitch items or use crowns. We spend enough money on crowns for pets outfits and mount etc

Hey there, Catjen!

While not a bad idea, consider this: KI is, first and foremost, a business. All businesses need money to survive, and simply breaking even isn't enough in this economy.

I've stitched gear for my sorcerer, and it only cost me 300 crowns to redo her entire outfit~ that's not bad, considering you probably won't find anything else at that price in the Crown Shop. I'll probably do it for my other wizards, too~ because, let's face it, the Waterworks gear is hideous, but easily has the best stats.

Also worth mentioning: most (but not all) of the mounts and pets, amongst other stuff, in the Crown Shop are available for gold/as boss drops already. If you don't have the crowns to spend (or are saving them for something special), you can always farm for the item you want instead.

I've received Crowns items from bosses before~ I've got the crimson DS banner, Cyrus Drake's portrait, a couple of pets, a holiday wand, and some costume parts. But the best was getting Malistaire's ruined painting as a drop~ I could have spent the 5000 crowns, but chose instead to farm for it... It took a year to finally find one, but knowing that I'd /earned/ it was an awesome feeling.

For more info on who drops what, check out w101 Wiki~ good luck, & happy travels!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress, shameless Drake fan-girl & collector of oddities.