Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stay Out!

1
AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
361
Are you tired of seeing level 32's in Avalon? Are you tired of seeing level 5's in Mooshu? Are you tired of seeing level 56's in Khrysalis? Well, I know I am! I find it very unfair that low levels can go into high level worlds that they don't even have a quest in. So, I've had this idea: What if KI made it so if you don't have any Main Line Quests in a world, you can't teleport to a friend there. But, if you finished the world, you would still be able to go there. Basically, if you're under level 60, you can't go into Zafaria, if you're under level 70, you can't go to Avalon, and so on. Anyone agree? Or should level 2's still be able to wander around Khrysalis, calling level 95's noobs?

-Nick

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
210
I don't like this idea for completely personal reasons. My best friend IRL (the person who introduced me to the game) is an Archmage Necromancer in Avalon. My main wizard is a Legendary Necromancer in the Science Center in Celestia. We prefer to quest together; it's more fun for us that way. We run (or attempt to run) big dungeons and gauntlets that we both have in our quest books (like Tower of the Helephant, Briskbreeze) together. She joins my wizard in Celestia to speed up defeat-and-don't-collect quests. Because I regularly visit Central and read the guides there she asks me to research certain cheating bosses and instances in Avalon, suss out the best battle plan, and port to her in Avalon so we can take 'em on together. She was stuck on Jabberwock for weeks and damn near quit playing the game completely until I created a wizard, leveled it up enough until I felt like I could contribute to the battle beyond research, and we served that Jabberwock up rare on a platter. Your idea would take a lot of fun out of the game for us.

Miranda Nightsinger, Legendary Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
305
I disagree with your idea. What if a level 90-95 or so is questing along in Khrysalis and comes across a boss they need help with, and they don't have any friends that are also in Khrysalis? Are they condemned to dying over and over because they don't have any high level friends? Sorry, but there are some flaws to this idea. It was a pretty good idea, though, because sometimes the low levels in high level worlds are annoying...

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
291
You must be new here...

This has been addressed countless times over the years. Personally, I couldn't care less to see a level two in Avalon. As long as they stay out of my way. If they decide to follow me I just switch realms.
I have friends who help me who may be a level 65 in Zafaria while I am a level 78 in Avalon.
So now, they cannot help me? Locking the game to people who pay monthly isn't right. If they want to see a new world and let their friend take them there, by all means.
As long as they don't get in my way.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
47
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Are you tired of seeing level 32's in Avalon? Are you tired of seeing level 5's in Mooshu? Are you tired of seeing level 56's in Khrysalis? Well, I know I am! I find it very unfair that low levels can go into high level worlds that they don't even have a quest in. So, I've had this idea: What if KI made it so if you don't have any Main Line Quests in a world, you can't teleport to a friend there. But, if you finished the world, you would still be able to go there. Basically, if you're under level 60, you can't go into Zafaria, if you're under level 70, you can't go to Avalon, and so on. Anyone agree? Or should level 2's still be able to wander around Khrysalis, calling level 95's noobs?

-Nick
that would be unfair as my lvl 72 get stuck in zf alot. he usually need my help (am lvl 26) sorry but its not too good of an idea

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Yes I absolutely think that any level member should be able to port to any world. I've often had low level friends help me on bosses in high level worlds. Belloq is a great example, just having a low level fire wizard helping by casting fire sprite makes it possible when doing it solo is really close to impossible.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Nick has a good point, but I agree with the general sentiment of the other posters.

If you *must* enter a world you haven't unlocked, then you'd best stick like glue to the person you ported to and stay out of my way. If you start joining my battles, that's where I have a problem: I do not power-level my own characters and will not power-level yours either.

-v.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
240
I'm pretty much of the opinion that I don't care who goes where or who does what as long as they behave and stay out of my way. I've accepted the fact that there will be some minor annoyances along the way, but as long as they stay minor I'm good.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
78
I don't support this because, as mentioned above, my irl friend is in celestia and sometimes he helps me in Azteca. Also what if your about to die and you have a life wizard friend on, but they cant port because they're not the right level?

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
402
Skill and strategy beats level & rank any day.....but then again that's just my opinion.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
43
Am I seriously the only one who agrees with this idea? Sure, maybe a friend a few levels lower then you can be useful, but most of these low-levels just wander around and join private fights, then after you get another enemy, flee. One of these attacked me with a Thunder Snake!!!!!!! Can you believe that!!!! I didn't even know you could attack another wizard!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, he only had 3 and then he only had his 45 damage spells. They just scream that they need you to heal them, or yell that they want you to gift them. A lot of people have said as long as they stay out of my way, i'm OK, but they don't. Something needs to be done about them.

Geographer
Sep 19, 2013
839
Malorn R on Mar 7, 2014 wrote:
Am I seriously the only one who agrees with this idea? Sure, maybe a friend a few levels lower then you can be useful, but most of these low-levels just wander around and join private fights, then after you get another enemy, flee. One of these attacked me with a Thunder Snake!!!!!!! Can you believe that!!!! I didn't even know you could attack another wizard!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, he only had 3 and then he only had his 45 damage spells. They just scream that they need you to heal them, or yell that they want you to gift them. A lot of people have said as long as they stay out of my way, i'm OK, but they don't. Something needs to be done about them.
I'd like to point out that a level 48 necromancer can hold his own in Avalon and can help you port back to a boss if you died... Yes, I can and have done that.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
158
Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
37
This issue never really bothered me that much. Lower level wizards won't call you a noob unless you bother them. I wander around the Caliburn in Avalon ALL the time just because I love the graphics and the music. Level 80's don't mind me. I just walk around and I don't bother them, they don't bother me.
I completely disagree with your idea because when I'm low on gold, some of my friends are doing a good drop boss in Zafaria and they let me teleport because they understand what it's like to be low on gold. Now, if I were low on gold and the game wouldn't let me teleport to my friend who's doing a good drop boss in ZF, I would be very upset because 1) I need gold 2) I sometimes do hard bosses just for pleasure.
My friends in Wintertusk needed help with Halfang, and I helped them and I'm still on GH. If this feature were added to the game by then, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of defeating a hard boss and they wouldn't have defeated Halfang.
Also, having lower level friends in higher level areas is still fun because you get to talk and hang out to them. I don't really like private messaging your friends all the time. It's also inefficent for battles.
Now, I'm going to stop rambling. Hopefully you get my point that not allowing lower levels in higher level areas is VERY unfair.
~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
138
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Are you tired of seeing level 32's in Avalon? Are you tired of seeing level 5's in Mooshu? Are you tired of seeing level 56's in Khrysalis? Well, I know I am! I find it very unfair that low levels can go into high level worlds that they don't even have a quest in. So, I've had this idea: What if KI made it so if you don't have any Main Line Quests in a world, you can't teleport to a friend there. But, if you finished the world, you would still be able to go there. Basically, if you're under level 60, you can't go into Zafaria, if you're under level 70, you can't go to Avalon, and so on. Anyone agree? Or should level 2's still be able to wander around Khrysalis, calling level 95's noobs?

-Nick
I think what you're really upset about is that someone called you a noob.

And I feel that word shouldn't be allowed in the game, as it's always used as an insult, but I don't feel restricting people from various worlds because they might be insulting is valid.

however I DO agree that people who have not done the proper quests to unlock the world shouldn't be allowed onthe world.

And I don't mean the player, I mean the character.

Each character is supposed to go through various quests to unlock the worlds and gain the ability to enter those worlds, and I feel that if the character in question hasn't unlocked a world via doing the quests, then the character shouldn't be allowed to teleport to someone in the locked world (regardless of the fact that the player might have other characters that have already unlocked the world).

Sorry, but i feel it defeats the purpose of doing quests to unlock the worlds if the character can just teleport anywhere it wants to.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
233
I have two accounts, which I pay hard earned money for. On one account my main wiz, the max level balance warlord. On the other, my kids wizards, mostly noobs (this is not an insult, I noobs ). If my kid wants to port to me anywhere in the spiral - they can. anytime. Sometimes I even play both accounts and take their wizards with me to farm for stuff. You don't like that? Oh well, guess we won't be helping you. Peace.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
tanda1 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
I think what you're really upset about is that someone called you a noob.

And I feel that word shouldn't be allowed in the game, as it's always used as an insult, but I don't feel restricting people from various worlds because they might be insulting is valid.

however I DO agree that people who have not done the proper quests to unlock the world shouldn't be allowed onthe world.

And I don't mean the player, I mean the character.

Each character is supposed to go through various quests to unlock the worlds and gain the ability to enter those worlds, and I feel that if the character in question hasn't unlocked a world via doing the quests, then the character shouldn't be allowed to teleport to someone in the locked world (regardless of the fact that the player might have other characters that have already unlocked the world).

Sorry, but i feel it defeats the purpose of doing quests to unlock the worlds if the character can just teleport anywhere it wants to.
Why does it matter to you what other people do? Why do you care if I have level 20 wizard helping me in Zafaria? Exactly HOW does it hurt YOUR game? How is it unfair to you? They can't do any quests or get anything special by being in a world early. Why do you care so much about what other people do?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
361
seethe42 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Why does it matter to you what other people do? Why do you care if I have level 20 wizard helping me in Zafaria? Exactly HOW does it hurt YOUR game? How is it unfair to you? They can't do any quests or get anything special by being in a world early. Why do you care so much about what other people do?
Actually, they can do quests. Side quests and street dungeons (which are no longer made in later worlds). A reason HOW it hurts MY game, is that they join my battles. Another reason HOW it hurts MY game is that they always ask me "Can you take me to 'new world'?". And if I don't, they call me noob. Now, noob means "new player". I am not a new player, in fact, I have a level 95 that finished Khrysalis part one. If level 15's knew they could not teleport to someone in Khrysalis, they would stop constantly asking to take them to the newest world. Also, I care if "you" have a level 20 friend helping you in Zafaria because of this (but not the only) reason: You join my battle. I'm fine with another wizard my level joining my battle. Then your level 20 friend joins the battle. I already have traps on a target. Your level 20 friend decides to use a level 20 spell on my target. I say "don't attack my target." Your level 20 friend still wants to attack my target. The time runs out, and my traps just got wasted, and the total damage was only 500. Now, the target still has 2,000 health left. This is WHY this hurts MY game.

-Nick level 95

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
seethe42 on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Why does it matter to you what other people do? Why do you care if I have level 20 wizard helping me in Zafaria? Exactly HOW does it hurt YOUR game? How is it unfair to you? They can't do any quests or get anything special by being in a world early. Why do you care so much about what other people do?
Because there's nothing leashing that person to you. And, when your level 20 friend decides to join my battle, it becomes my problem because he cannot sustain himself and will expect me to do so.

As I mentioned, I would be fine with allowing low-level wizards into the high-level worlds if they were leashed to the person they ported to and there was no risk of them inconveniencing those of us who do not wish to have our gaming experience disrupted by underleveled/unprepared players who expect us to carry them.


Defender
Apr 07, 2012
135
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
Are you tired of seeing level 32's in Avalon? Are you tired of seeing level 5's in Mooshu? Are you tired of seeing level 56's in Khrysalis? Well, I know I am! I find it very unfair that low levels can go into high level worlds that they don't even have a quest in. So, I've had this idea: What if KI made it so if you don't have any Main Line Quests in a world, you can't teleport to a friend there. But, if you finished the world, you would still be able to go there. Basically, if you're under level 60, you can't go into Zafaria, if you're under level 70, you can't go to Avalon, and so on. Anyone agree? Or should level 2's still be able to wander around Khrysalis, calling level 95's noobs?

-Nick
no i dont like this idea who cares what level it dose not matter

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Nicholas Hawkspear on Mar 10, 2014 wrote:
Actually, they can do quests. Side quests and street dungeons (which are no longer made in later worlds). A reason HOW it hurts MY game, is that they join my battles. Another reason HOW it hurts MY game is that they always ask me "Can you take me to 'new world'?". And if I don't, they call me noob. Now, noob means "new player". I am not a new player, in fact, I have a level 95 that finished Khrysalis part one. If level 15's knew they could not teleport to someone in Khrysalis, they would stop constantly asking to take them to the newest world. Also, I care if "you" have a level 20 friend helping you in Zafaria because of this (but not the only) reason: You join my battle. I'm fine with another wizard my level joining my battle. Then your level 20 friend joins the battle. I already have traps on a target. Your level 20 friend decides to use a level 20 spell on my target. I say "don't attack my target." Your level 20 friend still wants to attack my target. The time runs out, and my traps just got wasted, and the total damage was only 500. Now, the target still has 2,000 health left. This is WHY this hurts MY game.

-Nick level 95
Again, it does nothing to you. Just go to another realm. Ignore is there for a reason. All the issues you claim to have, aside from being rare, they ALL happen MORE often by players of the same level as me who did make it to the world. Get off your highhorse and welcome to the world of MMO's. Sometimes people get in your battles, it happens. If you want to avoid it, turn off teleport, disable friends, keep chat closed, and play only in empty realms. Allowing low levels to teleport to higher worlds has ZERO effect on your game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Dr Von on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Because there's nothing leashing that person to you. And, when your level 20 friend decides to join my battle, it becomes my problem because he cannot sustain himself and will expect me to do so.

As I mentioned, I would be fine with allowing low-level wizards into the high-level worlds if they were leashed to the person they ported to and there was no risk of them inconveniencing those of us who do not wish to have our gaming experience disrupted by underleveled/unprepared players who expect us to carry them.

So let them die. Just ignore them. It's really that simple. You know it has no real effect on you.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
233
As a rule, I never heal low level wizards that port to me without asking. Just adopt this rule and the rest will sort itself out. What others do is not your concern, don't sweat the small stuff.

Amber Raven Song 95

Defender
Jan 31, 2010
123
Ok, I was looking through this thread and saw many things that have happened to me. I have been nice and made friends with low leveled players, but when they teleport to me while I'm doing something for myself just so they can level up quickly I have a problem. I have honestly grown tired of low leveled players running around in areas they shouldn't be in and when I ask them to leave, they call me a noob and flee. Now this just makes me mad. I have had to turn off my friend requests before I even go into Wizard City because there are so many low leveled players running around trying to friend me. Then, when, in the rare occasion, I do accept their friend request, it's always "Can you gift me?". When I tell them no some of them are like "Oh, ok." But then there are those who will go as far as insulting me calling me a noob. Why, earlier this month I was farming Tartarus with a friend and some other dude who was with us said I dressed like I was a girl and that he wasn't gonna stay with someone who dresses like a girl. Now, I was mad and told him that I spent 5,000 crowns on the appearance outfit alone, plus another 500 to unstitch and then stitch everything. He didn't care and just left me and the others to die. I was going to report him, but I sadly could not find anything to report him for, so he got lucky. KI needs to let players know that they need to stop begging for gifts, and that if someone won't gift them, they should not insult those people. It appears to me that players are starting to become less friendlier and more hostile. This is starting to no longer be a kid's game, but a place for players to insult and be rude to others. I never do any of this, and I hope that people out there will start to become more friendlier in the future.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
361
seethe42 on Mar 11, 2014 wrote:
Again, it does nothing to you. Just go to another realm. Ignore is there for a reason. All the issues you claim to have, aside from being rare, they ALL happen MORE often by players of the same level as me who did make it to the world. Get off your highhorse and welcome to the world of MMO's. Sometimes people get in your battles, it happens. If you want to avoid it, turn off teleport, disable friends, keep chat closed, and play only in empty realms. Allowing low levels to teleport to higher worlds has ZERO effect on your game.
Do you even read the entire post? As I stated: " Another reason HOW it hurts MY game is that they always ask me "Can you take me to 'new world'?". And if I don't, they call me noob. Now, noob means "new player". I am not a new player, in fact, I have a level 95 that finished Khrysalis part one. If level 15's knew they could not teleport to someone in Khrysalis, they would stop constantly asking to take them to the newest world." This does have A LOT of effect on my game. Now, why don't you stop thinking your opinion is the only thing that matters and start reading all of a post if you are going to reply.

-Nick level 95

1