Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Star Spell for Shadow

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2011
So as you know shadow is a fickle system that decides once in a while to give you a shadow pip. It's also complained about in pvp because only the top 20 (soon to he 30) levels are allowed to even use shadow spells. My idea is to make a star spell that increases your shadow pip chance, even maybe as a side effect. This also means that if there were tc for this star spell and other shadow spells, most levels could use shadow magic, but it would still be OK because lower levels would barely be able to use because they'd have a window of 4 rounds to *maybe* get a shadow pip. Thoughts on this?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Bigboss1029 on Oct 23, 2016 wrote:
So as you know shadow is a fickle system that decides once in a while to give you a shadow pip. It's also complained about in pvp because only the top 20 (soon to he 30) levels are allowed to even use shadow spells. My idea is to make a star spell that increases your shadow pip chance, even maybe as a side effect. This also means that if there were tc for this star spell and other shadow spells, most levels could use shadow magic, but it would still be OK because lower levels would barely be able to use because they'd have a window of 4 rounds to *maybe* get a shadow pip. Thoughts on this?
I like the idea of an aura, but I'd want any TCs restricted by level. Game lore makes learning shadow magic a big deal; I wouldn't want this broken by early access.

I also like the idea of a global spell that gives all duelists added shadow pip %, similar to Power Play.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Maybe an aura that gives, say, +20% Power Pip chance & +10% Pip chance for 4 rounds. Not too OP (I think), and still has a benefit besides just .

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Liam Wyrmhammer on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
I like the idea of an aura, but I'd want any TCs restricted by level. Game lore makes learning shadow magic a big deal; I wouldn't want this broken by early access.

I also like the idea of a global spell that gives all duelists added shadow pip %, similar to Power Play.
At first I agreed with the lore thing, but by that logic astral magic should not be circulating around. IDK

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
Maybe an aura that gives, say, +20% Power Pip chance & +10% Pip chance for 4 rounds. Not too OP (I think), and still has a benefit besides just .
Sounds great, but remember what shadow gear looks like. It's like +1% pip chance. Now realistically we know that's not the case, but a power pip shadow pip aura sounds great

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree with all of you. This idea would make it more fair for PvE so people wont say how unfair it is when creatures shadow pip chance are much higher than ours. I know there are drops to help improve the chance but the drops are not guaranteed and who wants to farm places like darkmoor 20-30 times to get a set of gear we can use?

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Patrick Ravenbane on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
I agree with all of you. This idea would make it more fair for PvE so people wont say how unfair it is when creatures shadow pip chance are much higher than ours. I know there are drops to help improve the chance but the drops are not guaranteed and who wants to farm places like darkmoor 20-30 times to get a set of gear we can use?
Glad you agree, but to be fair, most max levels have full malistare gear, even ignoring shadow, because the rest of the stats are wonderful. Also IMO, ultra dungeons and getting better gear is great fun for me, so many people wanna farm. Malistare's drop rate is kind, but I can see maybe making thr game a little less grindy.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Bigboss1029 on Oct 28, 2016 wrote:
Glad you agree, but to be fair, most max levels have full malistare gear, even ignoring shadow, because the rest of the stats are wonderful. Also IMO, ultra dungeons and getting better gear is great fun for me, so many people wanna farm. Malistare's drop rate is kind, but I can see maybe making thr game a little less grindy.
I'm just going by what I heard from a lot of frustrated players who's been farming all of Darkmoor 20-30 time to get the gear they want. Many gave up sooner saying why waste lots a game time farming that castle when they're not getting the drops. it's true some max levels have full Malistaire gear but too many does not. That's why I agree about an aura of some sort to increase shadow pip chance so it's fair for every one who has shadow magic.