Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Staggered Tourney Times

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Hi, I have a rough time when I sign up for a tourney but don't get placed in a bracket. Then I have to wait a whole hour to join another tourney, which I may or may not do. Can there be a tourney that starts in like a half hour later so I do not have to wait so long. So a tourney starts during the hour interval or during a half hour interval; there could be like 2 time sets or tourney rotations set up. Then I don't always have to focus on being ready & making a tournament by time xx:55 (and having to wait an entire hour until the next tourney). Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
say look at it several hours in advance. Choose a time you are available and get ready for that one time. Kingsisle shouldn't have to remake the system for people that aren't responsible.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
mangolover876 on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
say look at it several hours in advance. Choose a time you are available and get ready for that one time. Kingsisle shouldn't have to remake the system for people that aren't responsible.
Where did that come from? It's not irresponsible to be all ready for a tournament only to find you can't be placed then have to wait an entire hour for an alternative to start. When you can't be placed you miss ALL the tournaments starting at that time because you can only select to join one.

I'd like for there to be staggered times so people are able to jump into another one without an hour wait. It would be good

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
Where did that come from? It's not irresponsible to be all ready for a tournament only to find you can't be placed then have to wait an entire hour for an alternative to start. When you can't be placed you miss ALL the tournaments starting at that time because you can only select to join one.

I'd like for there to be staggered times so people are able to jump into another one without an hour wait. It would be good
If I came out as rude I am sorry. But I think the tourney system is rather convenient.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
mangolover876 on Jun 14, 2018 wrote:
If I came out as rude I am sorry. But I think the tourney system is rather convenient.
You're fine! I thought you'd maybe missed the situation Ellie was describing...I wish we could all hear each other's tone of voice in text because mine could read as harsh when it was not intended to be!

I know it's my own fault/choice to use the US servers even though I'm in the UK but there is a lot of waking hours without any tournaments running so when I join one I could have been waiting all afternoon. I'm all ready to go and last minute (too late to join a different one as they all start exactly on the hour) I get the message that I couldn't be placed. I can select another but it won't start for another hour. Staggering the times would not only allow us to join another tournament quickly after being missed out, but it could help there be sufficient numbers in the next one so people signed up for it don't get missed either

I imagine there are a lot of younger players who can't stay on so long, especially on a school night. They could be waiting up to an hour to join, then have to wait another hour to re-join after not being placed, then have an hour free to do it. that's about 3 hours of play time on a school night for one tournament. Staggered times could let them join more quickly when they log in and get into a different tournament if they're not placed...they might fit in 2 or 3 in the same time they'd only hope to possibly get 1 in the system we have