Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spirit Blast, when will it be acquirable?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Now, I'm a Necromancer right now, but eventually I'm gonna create one more character and it's gonna be a Sorcerer...

I already have a name and everything planned. Belgrim, to pair with Morgrim.

Here's what I gotta ask though- why isn't Spirit Blast usable, aside from as a pet spell and item card? The enemy creatures can use it, so it's already ingame, but for some reason they don't let Sorcerers add it to their deck.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 6, 2016 wrote:
Now, I'm a Necromancer right now, but eventually I'm gonna create one more character and it's gonna be a Sorcerer...

I already have a name and everything planned. Belgrim, to pair with Morgrim.

Here's what I gotta ask though- why isn't Spirit Blast usable, aside from as a pet spell and item card? The enemy creatures can use it, so it's already ingame, but for some reason they don't let Sorcerers add it to their deck.
It's just one of dozens of spells that are currently available only as item cards from pets or gear or from TCs. Bone Lord, Ice Dragon, Ice & Storm Elves, Death Seraph, different school Efreet spells and many, many others. Chances are they may never be available as trained spells. In some cases it might be because they would cause an imbalance... Spirit Blast would give Balance a huge advantage at early levels given Balance's multi-blade set-ups and if you combine that with Elemental Blast it would make them far too powerful against Balance enemies... actually, against most any combination of enemies.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
TucsonWizard on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
It's just one of dozens of spells that are currently available only as item cards from pets or gear or from TCs. Bone Lord, Ice Dragon, Ice & Storm Elves, Death Seraph, different school Efreet spells and many, many others. Chances are they may never be available as trained spells. In some cases it might be because they would cause an imbalance... Spirit Blast would give Balance a huge advantage at early levels given Balance's multi-blade set-ups and if you combine that with Elemental Blast it would make them far too powerful against Balance enemies... actually, against most any combination of enemies.
Hmmm...I don't know...

If anything, it might bring Balance up to par with the others.

Death has drains and plenty of potent damage and defence boosters as well as debuffs, Life has heals and powerful shields, Myth has a variety of minions and spells to boost and heal them (low cost ones at that) along with the ability to break shields and I think a few stuns, Fire has it's damage over time + heal over time spells, Ice has it's stuns and a much higher health and...what else? (not very familiar with Ice) and Storm justs KILLS everything *snap* (when it doesn't fizzle)

Balance is the "Meh" class though. It has watered down versions of everything, some small heals, some weaker than normal shields, slight debuffs, early access to the oh so convenient area of attack spell Sandstorm which becomes far less impressive until eons later you get Ra, which kicks butt...

Balance's only real saving grace early on is Hydra and Elemental Blast, which take quite some time to set up, and Judgement which is a single target version of Storm's Tempest.

Later on you get Chimera and the item card Spirit Blast, and with strain, Loremaster, but honestly that's closer to endgame...

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
The idea of Balance while being a combination of all powers was formed from Fire, Ice, and Lighting originally. Of course the other magics are formed from those three too. Death, Life, and Myth became a more later focus hence Chimera it could make sense to later introduce Spirit Blast. Alhazred could just tell you he's adapted his previous spell to the other three magics. Personally, I would absolutely love to add that spell to my attacks much more than Chimera. Beasts of multi magics are cool but overall not the best at times especially with their cost. I still use spectral blast and it still does amazing things and my Hydra just doesn't.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
TucsonWizard on Mar 9, 2016 wrote:
I wouldn't compare those examples to Spirit Blast, I'll explain. The ones you listed are mutated versions of current existing spells from other magics. Storm Elf is mutated from Fire to Storm. It's not original and changes it's magic type. Spirit Blast is another version of Elemental Blast but it remains apart of it's school still. To me it's the transition from Hydra to Chimera. I have another comment that explains a possible solution to avoid it being too easy for Balance characters vs Balance enemies early on. It would certainly change how I attack as a Balance wizard in a preferable manner. There's reason to why I hardly use or even avoid Hydra and Chimera (basically threw Hydra out the window) and it's because they're risky for the time and cost for a lower reward. I can do amazing things with lightning in Elemental Blast while not as much in the others. Spectral Blast has lower damage vs Elemental but it could balance the Balance spells so to speak. There's two elemental attacks (Hydra, and Elemental Blast), one spirit attack (Chimera), and one of all (Gaze of Fate). It forces me to choose Chimera for my Spirit Blades so implementing Spirit Blast would allow me more diversity in that aspect while still running the risks as it's a mystery of what spirit magic it'll be. Balances itself. Balance enemy battles get increasingly more difficult for me in a repetitive manner as it takes awhile to build up my singular attacking spells only for their damage to be reduced by negative blades and various shields on my target. My damage doesn't have a natural prism like others do so when my "prism" is reduced it's checkmate.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Uncle Sweeney on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
Hmmm...I don't know...

If anything, it might bring Balance up to par with the others.

Death has drains and plenty of potent damage and defence boosters as well as debuffs, Life has heals and powerful shields, Myth has a variety of minions and spells to boost and heal them (low cost ones at that) along with the ability to break shields and I think a few stuns, Fire has it's damage over time + heal over time spells, Ice has it's stuns and a much higher health and...what else? (not very familiar with Ice) and Storm justs KILLS everything *snap* (when it doesn't fizzle)

Balance is the "Meh" class though. It has watered down versions of everything, some small heals, some weaker than normal shields, slight debuffs, early access to the oh so convenient area of attack spell Sandstorm which becomes far less impressive until eons later you get Ra, which kicks butt...

Balance's only real saving grace early on is Hydra and Elemental Blast, which take quite some time to set up, and Judgement which is a single target version of Storm's Tempest.

Later on you get Chimera and the item card Spirit Blast, and with strain, Loremaster, but honestly that's closer to endgame...
Balance is supposed to be "watered down versions of everything". It's a jack of all trades. If it were to have a true mastery over each magic it would no doubt be over powered. The small heals can sustain me well as they're low cost with my naturally high power pip chance. My many shields can help me resist all magics but my own (at that point I have to invest in tower shield). These help me buy my time as I build up my attacks for a possible one shot. We also have high health but certainly not as much as ice but we buy our time like them. Good for solos. When it comes to groups though I step aside and go to charms, traps, and heals as we are natural supporters of other magics. Prisms put others at advantages though as it turns their natural magic as a would be resist instead into a boost. We have to rely on our element and spirit attacks to make up for that. Though fighting other Balance enemies becomes increasingly more difficult. All your magics could easily be reduced by their negative blades and various shields making things like Hydra and Chimera so useless even though they're key. They're "watered down" already so more makes it a whole lot worse. I find those two spells too risky for the cost and time to build them up vs Elemental Blast. I'm forced to use Chimera though as I have no other attack that does spirit magic types. Sure there is Gaze of Fate but that's half balance damage and randomly one of the other types. It's already a waste if your enemy is Balance just use the other non Balance spells. If your using it for another enemy then if it's their type it's a waste again. Just use Judgement, Artorius, or Sabertooth (but why use the others when you have the first) at that point. When it's minions we have to use singular attacks as our aoe attacks are Balance damage no matter what. When they have all the things I mentioned before it takes more time and struggle. The way I see it Spirit Blast is necessary and would help diversify and balance out Balance.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Apologies, forgot about the aoe that attacks all enemies with fire, ice, or lightning using a shadow pip. Also, kept referring to Spectral Blast as elemental. Was a little tired that night. lol My opinion on the matter still remains the same about Spirit Blast though. We lack a lot of spirit magic in Balance.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
As my main character is a Sorcerer, I fully want Spirit Blast to be trainable. It's unlike any other item/treasure card mutations of spells, because those are trans-school mutations. Sure, some things like Aftershock to Earthquake exist, but they hold the same effects, different damage and different pip costs. Spirit Blast is the same as Spectral Blast, only with less damage. I'd like to see one of three changes:

1. Replace Spectral Blast. This would be a nerf in all fights involving the spell but not a Balance enemy, and only be a small boost against Balance enemies. It's not a huge change, and wouldn't completely ruin the game's combat mechanics, but give Sorcerers that small helping hand against Balance bosses earlier on than Chimera. We don't have a strong blade, any shield without learning Ice or a prism; this would just be a bit more help.

2. Let Alhazred or Niles teach it as well as Spectral Blast. This would be a tad more overpowered than the first one, but is hardly making Sorcerers divine.

3. My least favourite option, let Jaki teach it. This would give us the spell, yes, but not many level 100s want to learn this. Again, though, it's a way to implement it into the as trainable.