Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Writing Scholar

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
Spell writing is an interesting development that helps improve old spells we've already learned & I feel like the crew is really missing an opportunity to introduce a new NPC character we could meet in the Arcanum as one of the Scholars in one of the many rooms the Arcanum has.

What would be even more interesting is if the NPC was a raven since back in Grizzleheim we have to weave our fate into the loom by Grandmother Raven's tree. Or it would be cool if the NPC came from Khrysalis.

They could sell the new spell writing reagents / recipes that'll allow the player to upgrade their spells without the use of crowns.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
This is a great idea! My biggest concern with spell writing is that it won't be an accessible system, and that it could become a play to win mechanic. But I trust the devs, because if done right I think it could be really cool!!!

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
RainSiren on Feb 14, 2020 wrote:
Spell writing is an interesting development that helps improve old spells we've already learned & I feel like the crew is really missing an opportunity to introduce a new NPC character we could meet in the Arcanum as one of the Scholars in one of the many rooms the Arcanum has.

What would be even more interesting is if the NPC was a raven since back in Grizzleheim we have to weave our fate into the loom by Grandmother Raven's tree. Or it would be cool if the NPC came from Khrysalis.

They could sell the new spell writing reagents / recipes that'll allow the player to upgrade their spells without the use of crowns.
You have a good point there, and I think there should be someone to give instructions on how to manage them.

I think, though, this should also be offered early on (like at Ravenwood/Krokotopia) Instead of making a new NPC, why not use an existing one.

Here is my list of candidates:
  • Professor Alhazred - This Krok wrote all the spells for the balance school, so it seems fitting.
  • Klortho - This NPC only speaks once, about skeleton keys. The Library seems like a fitting place to learn about spells.
  • Harold Argleston - Again, the library seems fitting and who better than the head librarian.
  • Arthur Weathersfield - After a certain point in the game, he pretty much fades out as a character.
  • Gamma - Probably the most natural choice, since the voice actor is the lead of sound, but I don’t think it should be explained through just a ‘tooltip.’

Remember, Moolinda Wu was the one who told us about Gardening. So it only seems right that a similar NPC tells us about Spellements.