Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Drops From LoreMaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
I suggest that when a permanent spell is dropped to a wizard from Loremaster it is dropped in the form of an item that can be traded among characters, perhaps using the gift function, from first hand experience farming loremaster as a death for hours to get Handsome fomori just isn't great, if these spells were one time use spells that once they were activated they were permanent that would be fantastic -John StarHunter 75 Death

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
i am confused... you want to make a spell you worked for giftable to other people..... or make it where you can trade it among your own wizards...... either way both would be broken..... because they did nothing and got everything.... and you could just give a lvl 1 20 4pip+ cards and send it off to pvp...... a level 1 casting deer knight.......

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
camahawk on Oct 15, 2016 wrote:
i am confused... you want to make a spell you worked for giftable to other people..... or make it where you can trade it among your own wizards...... either way both would be broken..... because they did nothing and got everything.... and you could just give a lvl 1 20 4pip+ cards and send it off to pvp...... a level 1 casting deer knight.......
I suspect the way it was worded, the intent was just to be able to put the card into the Shared Bank for other wizards on the account. I agree, gifting it to other wizards probably isn't a good idea.

I also understand the problem with putting it in the hands of a low level wizard. But truth of the matter is that level 1 wizards can get a plethora of very good treasure cards to use as well. Trained, treasure card; Six of one, half a dozen of the other. But if you're level one and you can survive a duel long enough to get enough pips to cast the spell, you deserve to win.

But I also see it from the perspective of the OP. There's a reason I don't farm Loremaster, and it's for this very reason. I don't want my wizards getting these off-school spells. Is there a downside to getting an off-school spell? Ultimately, no. Just don't load it in your deck. But if I got a Fire spell with my Ice wizard, and it was a spell my Fire wizard didn't have, well the option to give it to the right school wizard would be welcome.

I also don't subscribe to the "did nothing" point of view neither when it comes to trading items through the Shared Bank. If I got a special drop, I did something for it. Transferring an item from one wizard to another doesn't mean I suddenly got it for free.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Or they just make the school specific spells only droppable for those schools. You know, like with darkmoor gear and everything.

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 110

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
XaZeRs on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
Or they just make the school specific spells only droppable for those schools. You know, like with darkmoor gear and everything.

It's probably not necessary to do that. They've made the Loremaster spells craftable, which was my work around. I prefer that anyway, because I really don't like farming bosses no matter what their difficulty level is.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
XaZeRs on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:

They should never do that. Lore spells are useful to off schools too. They should just leave it the way it is. Every one has the same chances of getting drops. Spells drop regularly enough to make them worth farming. You can try your luck with crowns and lore packs. And lastly the spells are craftable if you don't want to spend time or money getting them.