Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sparck and some ideas on gameplay

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Dear Sparck,

I realize that you are new, yet aware, of the ideas and such of wizard101. As a newbie among the staff, I have some questions about gameplay that might put your logical skills to the grindstone.

For instance, for most of eight or nine years, since Celestia has come out, W101 has made the questing of Briskbee Tower completely optional, as a means of entering the game version of sunken Atlantis.

I was wondering, since KI is remodeling the game for their decade-long run so far, that at L50 (when we get the Sergeant Culpepper quest from Muldoon, which oddly enough leads into the first of the 4 dungeons) have the wizard begin to be required to do Briskbee Tower, followed by the Mazzaroth quests and then the Geographical Society quest in Marleybone as requirements for entering Celelstia (since the frog professor will fix the broken Celestia key)?

I realize that this may cause angst, but it would make sense, since when we defeat Morganthe with the help of Old Cob (near the end of Khyrsalis, we immediately are sent to Polaris), to start the 3rd Arc, why not require it of the 2nd Arc for the optional quests between the defeat of Malistaire the first time in Dragonspyre, and the introduction of Morganthe in Celestia.

At the moment, the 4 dungeons are completely optional side quests that do provide some great gear and such (even though the 1st piggybacks off of the mysterious key found at the end of Briskbee Tower), but I was wondering if this might be the right time to provide a seamless process between the 1st and 2nd Arcs, like there is between the 2nd and 3rd Arcs.

Pros/Cons? Yes/No?

Oxnhorse

Administrator
Greetings and salutations Promethean!

Great question! There's always possibility to smooth the quest line out and fine tune how each piece are connected. I'm not quite sure myself how this might work, but will ask the team to see what they think.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Ever since it first came out, I've been pondering the notion of having a significantly easier version of the Warehouse be required to reach Celestia, and adding another side quest dungeon somewhere else that's identical to the old version of the warehouse in terms of monster stats, drops, and cheats. And if you put it in Marleybone, most of the existing monsters in there could even just be relocated.