Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something that frustrate me, and great ideas.?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Frustration:
You see, theres many people that leave the game for periods of time, and then come back to it. Its not a bad thing of course, taking a break its perfectly fine, but the thing is, often we feel lonely, because sometimes WAY too many of our friends take a break, and we can't even see if they have played recently or not.

So my suggestion is, please make it so we can atleast see how recent someone has logged in and such? this way atleast we can know if they will ever return or not :/ i used to have my list full, i recently came back, have been playing for about a week straight, not a single one has came online, makes me wonder if they all quit or just deleted me? which i doubt, but anythings possible, so you can see why this would help, right? hope something can be done about it, it just makes me sad to lose so many friends and not even know if they're still playing or not :(.

Idea 1:

1. Ways to make the game more united:
You see, often i feel like this game isn't united enough, what i mean by that is, you often just feel like you have to force yourself to meet people, which i feel shouldn't be that way, it should happen naturally all the time.

So here are 3 ideas:

-Maybe finally make a Clan system?. This could work this way, there would be a new building (maybe even new area) in wizard city where you can enter, and either create your own clan, or ask to join one. I feel this would help with making the game more united, so you can feel your a part of something, and not just a wizard among the bunch.

-Quest group up. This would be an option beside your quest, where you would click it and it would show you a screen with players who are available to group up with for that particular quest, once you got the number of players you want to group up with, you would all get ported to the area/world where the quest takes place (much like a dungeon) and would proceed to work together on it. In my eyes it would be ideal if everybody got the same amount of progress from it, as in, if you need to fight and collect from 10 monsters, you would all get the same amount of collect drops, this would be so the group can stay together and not disband leaving others who still need help behind, of course, if your not taking part in the activity with the others, you won't get any progress.

-Mercenary Center. The name says it all, this would be a place where you can request help or hire players to help you with something. The more time consuming the deed, the more you should pay them, but in the end how much you pay them should be up to you, and the player will decide if the amount suits their needs.

Idea 2- Myth Minion Control
You see, to me, myth being the minion masters doesn't feel, like, convincing enough? and thats where minion control would come in. This would only be available to myths, and it would be either a spell or feature, where you could tell your minion what to do, either to go on the offensive, defensive, or to assist you (buff you etc).

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Nope. Wizard101 actually has policies against clan systems. It will never pass.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
WolfStormCloud7 on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Frustration:
You see, theres many people that leave the game for periods of time, and then come back to it. Its not a bad thing of course, taking a break its perfectly fine, but the thing is, often we feel lonely, because sometimes WAY too many of our friends take a break, and we can't even see if they have played recently or not.

So my suggestion is, please make it so we can atleast see how recent someone has logged in and such? this way atleast we can know if they will ever return or not :/ i used to have my list full, i recently came back, have been playing for about a week straight, not a single one has came online, makes me wonder if they all quit or just deleted me? which i doubt, but anythings possible, so you can see why this would help, right? hope something can be done about it, it just makes me sad to lose so many friends and not even know if they're still playing or not :(.

Idea 1:

1. Ways to make the game more united:
You see, often i feel like this game isn't united enough, what i mean by that is, you often just feel like you have to force yourself to meet people, which i feel shouldn't be that way, it should happen naturally all the time.

So here are 3 ideas:

-Maybe finally make a Clan system?. This could work this way, there would be a new building (maybe even new area) in wizard city where you can enter, and either create your own clan, or ask to join one. I feel this would help with making the game more united, so you can feel your a part of something, and not just a wizard among the bunch.

-Quest group up. This would be an option beside your quest, where you would click it and it would show you a screen with players who are available to group up with for that particular quest, once you got the number of players you want to group up with, you would all get ported to the area/world where the quest takes place (much like a dungeon) and would proceed to work together on it. In my eyes it would be ideal if everybody got the same amount of progress from it, as in, if you need to fight and collect from 10 monsters, you would all get the same amount of collect drops, this would be so the group can stay together and not disband leaving others who still need help behind, of course, if your not taking part in the activity with the others, you won't get any progress.

-Mercenary Center. The name says it all, this would be a place where you can request help or hire players to help you with something. The more time consuming the deed, the more you should pay them, but in the end how much you pay them should be up to you, and the player will decide if the amount suits their needs.

Idea 2- Myth Minion Control
You see, to me, myth being the minion masters doesn't feel, like, convincing enough? and thats where minion control would come in. This would only be available to myths, and it would be either a spell or feature, where you could tell your minion what to do, either to go on the offensive, defensive, or to assist you (buff you etc).
Truthfully i don't like this ideal

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Plus to add. Clan systems sound like too many already existing medevil style games.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Wizard101 central has a mercenary center. There's numerous people who will help you out with things as needed.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
There's an ability to "group up", which is kind of like a clan. It's always good to play solo too, you know.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2014
NeoNebula17 on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Nope. Wizard101 actually has policies against clan systems. It will never pass.
Why? What are the policies?

I like all these ideas.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I actually like your ideas but not really the mercenary thing. However, I completely know what you mean about when you stop playing the game for awhile and when you return, all of your friends are suddenly gone.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
If anything am not really insisting on any particular idea, i just want to give some ideas that will provide the general goal that am presenting. Which would be a more united community in game, and a way to make the game less lonely :) it would be great to see what you guys think of each idea, i don't really care for just feedback on one since its not my goal to insist on any one in particular.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Kestrel Jadesong on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
Why? What are the policies?

I like all these ideas.
I don't know the exact policies, but KI has stated multiple times that a clan system will never be added.