Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton Key Rarity

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 03, 2016
You Would Expect Wooden Keys and Stone Keys And Golden Keys' Rarity To be Lowest to Greatest. Well You're Wrong! Hehehe! I was just scrolling through my Home one day looking for things to Add. And Then it Crossed my Mind I LITERALLY Have more then 20 Gold Keys, Only 1 Stone Key, and just 1-2 Wooden Keys! What the Heck! In My Opinion, KI Needs to Make The Rarity of these Keys a bit Rarer (for gold keys) and a bit more common (for Wood and Stone) In this Case, Stone Keys are Ultra Rare, Wooden are Rare, And Golden Are Common. I don't know if this is a Coincidence or Not, but Yeah. This makes it Very hard for people who Want Catch of the Day or Burning Rampage Since Spell Drops are Insanely rare and usually require tons of Retries on the Bosses. Tons of Retries = Tons of Keys. Imagine if Your just a Fire who wants Burning Rampage. You Farm Away ALL your Stone Keys and now Need More. But Stone Keys are Very Rare! So Tons of Keys = Tons of Farming.

Please End This.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I am going to guess you have higher level wizards and just spent more time farming places like darkmoor and less time farming places like Barkingham palace.

I have farmed for wooden and stone keys and the drop rates all seem about the same, I just have way more gold keys because I outfitted 9 wizards in Darkmoor gear.

People have brought up having a transmute key recipe several times since these keys were introduced would be a great addition to the game imo.

Defender
Apr 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jul 23, 2017 wrote:
I am going to guess you have higher level wizards and just spent more time farming places like darkmoor and less time farming places like Barkingham palace.

I have farmed for wooden and stone keys and the drop rates all seem about the same, I just have way more gold keys because I outfitted 9 wizards in Darkmoor gear.

People have brought up having a transmute key recipe several times since these keys were introduced would be a great addition to the game imo.
Thanks for Agreeing with me Jasmine! :)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I'd just settle for a skeleton key boss having a 100% drop rate for his/her key type. As it is, I've noticed that the wooden key bosses don't drop wooden keys very often (or at least Ra doesn't - been farming him to get a Frosty Krokomummy pet).

The only places where I know we can reliably get keys is the final bosses in the four dungeons. Kembaalung is where I go to farm for wooden keys, and House of Scales for stone keys.

Alia Misthaven