Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Singleplayer mode

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Hey KI! I have an idea! Why not make it so that if your internet works, you can switch between multiplayer (current version of game) and singleplayer mode! (no one sees you, friend list locked, you don't see anyone and you just play by yourself) Also it's set to multiplayer by default. And if you don't have an internet connection, you locked into singleplayer mode untill you get an internet connection! This feature would also be great for those who just want to quest without interuption. And one more thing, if someone on your friends list is in singleplayer mode, their name is locked and colored blue (or some other color that is not grey, yellow, or green) untill they get out of singleplayer mode (but you can still remoe them by right-clicking name and gives a cwaring asking "Are you sure you want to remove *insert name here*?" Any suggestions for this topic? I would love onea! Please put it in KI!

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
I love the idea of single player mode because I wanted the same thing where you can't see anyone because sometimes there are so many people like in the commons that I get these huge lag bursts. Another idea for this is that you have multiplayer, single, friend, and group. Friend is where you only see your friends, and group is where you only see your group. One more thing in single, friend, and group you would have to make so that others who aren't seen can't join your battles. Also in single you wouldn't be allowed to pvp.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dragon princess on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey KI! I have an idea! Why not make it so that if your internet works, you can switch between multiplayer (current version of game) and singleplayer mode! (no one sees you, friend list locked, you don't see anyone and you just play by yourself) Also it's set to multiplayer by default. And if you don't have an internet connection, you locked into singleplayer mode untill you get an internet connection! This feature would also be great for those who just want to quest without interuption. And one more thing, if someone on your friends list is in singleplayer mode, their name is locked and colored blue (or some other color that is not grey, yellow, or green) untill they get out of singleplayer mode (but you can still remoe them by right-clicking name and gives a cwaring asking "Are you sure you want to remove *insert name here*?" Any suggestions for this topic? I would love onea! Please put it in KI!
A lot of people are asking for something similar... a solo option. Especially for those of us without infinite time or friends. And, according to MMORPG online, any game of it's kind must have the ability to solo without spending cash or without requiring the use of 'friends' or help, or it is destined to fail. I really hope they listen...

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i am not sure because it is fun on multiplayer and this is a multiplayer game.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I like this idea. Since I have one of the worst internet connections I have ever seen in my entire life, Singleplayer Mode would be pretty cool.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
idk what to say i give it of but this is just like minecraft lol but it would be really hard lol

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I think this would be pretty awesome, though I don't know how this would be programmed. Maybe by adding a Single Player Realm? I would definitely use this.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
RavenLady777 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
A lot of people are asking for something similar... a solo option. Especially for those of us without infinite time or friends. And, according to MMORPG online, any game of it's kind must have the ability to solo without spending cash or without requiring the use of 'friends' or help, or it is destined to fail. I really hope they listen...
While I don't oppose the idea, I don't see what your comment has to do with the idea. This game is already very soloable. The "without cash" is impossible for any membership game, however crowns are not required to solo either.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I love this idea.
I like soloing things and honestly people just get in my way and make the game run slower and glitch.
As long as you occasionally have internet to download new content, I see no reason to connect to the internet on single player mode. This could mean I could play on the plane or in a hotel where the wifi costs money. I know you would probably have to download the whole game and it might take up some storage space on your computer but I think it would be worth it.
The only thing is some things would have to be off limits like castle tours and the Baazar. And if you needed help on a dungeon no one would be there.
But I still love the idea!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I love this idea.
I like soloing things and honestly people just get in my way and make the game run slower and glitch.
As long as you occasionally have internet to download new content, I see no reason to connect to the internet on single player mode. This could mean I could play on the plane or in a hotel where the wifi costs money. I know you would probably have to download the whole game and it might take up some storage space on your computer but I think it would be worth it.
The only thing is some things would have to be off limits like castle tours and the Baazar. And if you needed help on a dungeon no one would be there.
But I still love the idea!
That would never happen. You need to be connected to the game to receive items and experience. Making it an offline game would make it extremely exploitable.