Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Simplify

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
What happened to simplify? I have seen a few videos on youtube of it being a trainable spell. I went to the person and didn't see it.

Later I heard that it got pulled for pvp "abuse".

How exactly can you use it better than gargantuan?

2nd turn- 6 pips.

Storm lord- 690 damage
Tempest- 480+225=705 damage... Uh, yeah. It does even more still.
1st turn- Scald. 495
Meteor Strike: 305(minimum)+225=530... Still more

I don't see how this is a big abuse? I mean, it doesn't really help that much.

Blizzard- 245+225= 470
Frost Giant- 475 .... Just as much damage on the first turn as the 2nd, so wouldn't gargantuan be more abuseable than a simple simplify? (I also heard that elucidate was there, and yes, that would be a big deal, so dont bring it back... because that would also make it very easy in normal situations to. too easy.) I say bring this spell back. It would be very useful for wizards in many situations.

Example: doh! No! power pip this turn, only 7 pips. I can't cast my forest lord! Now I'm going to die. Simplify to the rescue!

Please bring the simplify spell back. When you get down to it, not very abuseable in pvp.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I...actually agree. I'll probably never use it since my Sorcerer is the only wizard that practices Astral magic and he has 95% power pip chance, but people should be able to use this spell! Saying Simplify was abused in PvP is so ridiculous; so many spells in Wizard101 are abused in PvP combat! Are you gonna take them out too?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I...actually agree. I'll probably never use it since my Sorcerer is the only wizard that practices Astral magic and he has 95% power pip chance, but people should be able to use this spell! Saying Simplify was abused in PvP is so ridiculous; so many spells in Wizard101 are abused in PvP combat! Are you gonna take them out too?

I know right? Compared to the elemental blade treasure cards level 5's are using, and life mastery wands, this is nothing.

I really wish that they would bring this spell back. It would have not so much of use in pvp, let alone abuseable, and pvp is barely any of the game so dont take a spell out just because of that.