Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

silver chests

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
has anybody noticed that most of the silver chests now have the game shock a lock in them? I myself cannot do the shock a lock game, I can't figure it out. My friends who need shocked keys for there new wand from Arcanum can't do the shock a lock game. Please KI bring back the catch a key .

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
They've both been in silver chests for a while now. CLICK ME for a guide on how to do the game.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
The key to winning Shock-a-Lock is to uncover as many tiles as possible as quickly as you can.

Go for a straight line across from the left.

Add the bend at the far right of the screen on your straight line.

build a straight vertical line from the bend to the other lock and add another bend.

It takes practice.

Steven Ghoststalker
Ravenwood Graduate

Explorer
May 13, 2018
I prefer Shock a Lock. Catch a Key is too hard because the wrong keys keep falling or the bombs keep getting me.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
what I do in flip over ALL the tiles, then start from the right side to the left. I usually have about 10-15 seconds of 'dead time' where i'm waiting for the timer to count down and end the game.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
dayerider on Aug 31, 2018 wrote:
what I do in flip over ALL the tiles, then start from the right side to the left. I usually have about 10-15 seconds of 'dead time' where i'm waiting for the timer to count down and end the game.
You can press Spacebar to immediately end the timer so you don't have to wait for the down time.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
alia550 on Aug 10, 2018 wrote:
has anybody noticed that most of the silver chests now have the game shock a lock in them? I myself cannot do the shock a lock game, I can't figure it out. My friends who need shocked keys for there new wand from Arcanum can't do the shock a lock game. Please KI bring back the catch a key .
In all honesty, Silver Chests aren't hard to win at all. I myself am the type of person that will harvest every reagent I find, open every Wooden Chest I see, and open every Silver Chest I see. I currently have a 100% win rate on all the Silver Chests that I open, meaning that no matter what game I get from the Silver Chest, whether it be Shock-A-Lock or Catch A Key, I never lose at them, ever. At the time I am typing this reply, I have 40 Shocked Keys that I won from Silver Chests and I'm not even close to the Arcanum yet. I just started the fourth area of Azteca, Saltmeadow Swamp. I will admit that Shock A Lock takes a little bit of skill, but most things in life require some bit of skill to some degree to do. The good things in life aren't just going to be handed to you for free. If that were true, then everyone would be admitted to Medical School and have a high paying job without having to work for any of it. My point is, while I have a 100% win rate on Silver Chests, I have worked hard to never lose and have practiced Shock A Lock very hard. I've opened more than 5,000 Silver Chests in my time of playing Wizard101, so I've had good practice in. It's hard, but you just have to practice it and once you get how it works, it's a piece of cake. Same goes with the career you're pursuing in life. I'm currently 3rd year college majoring in Criminal Justice and while the work may get difficult down the road, the hard work will pay off in the future and it'll be well worth it. I wish you the best of luck out there in Silver Chests and in your future endeavors. May your hard work and practice pay off and bring you good fortune!

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 88 Diviner, Promethean Crafter, Lore Spell and Pet Enthusiast)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I found shock-a-lock really difficult when I first started playing. The music made me panic lol. Turning off sound took away the sense of urgency and I stated to win every time and find myself waiting for the timer to run down!

How I did it:

1. Turn off sound
2. Turn all the cards from left to right making the route I will follow
3. Look at what curves I will need - my brain doesn't 'see' them easily so I literally think it in relation to the 4 corners of the square (eg to curve down it's bottom left, then curving into the wall, top right etc)
4. Turn all the other cards over looking for the curves and the straights, pop them into place as I find them.
5. Replace the squiggly 'straights' or wide straights with narrow ones while I wait on the timer running down - this is not needed and it will work without doing this, but it's nice to make it optimal and reduce wait time haha

I can now do it easily with the music on, but this is how I started winning instead of getting flustered. I hope it helps you too

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
Autumn Potter on Aug 31, 2018 wrote:
I prefer Shock a Lock. Catch a Key is too hard because the wrong keys keep falling or the bombs keep getting me.
I agree! I love Shock a Lock but Catch a Key is too hard for me. Whenever Catch a Key shows up I usually just exit out of the silver chest window. I honestly don't see why they added in Catch a Key. Shock a Lock was perfectly fine!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 1, 2018 wrote:
You can press Spacebar to immediately end the timer so you don't have to wait for the down time.
I did not know that! Thanks for the tip!

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Key Lime plants drop shocked keys. There's no need to play any silver chests at all, if you really hate them that much.

Key Limes reproduce themselves quickly, so you'll end up with a bunch of plants in no time.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Key_Limes#axzz5Q4yZm4jh

They drop from Crusher and Gannon.

If you're lower level than that, they also drop from Red Huckleberries. In lower worlds, key limes drop in Zafaria. You can easily win some from Jackal Bandits, and the Impi and Iklaw mobs in Zamunda.

Also, you can buy them straight out from the crown shop. (But again, just buy a couple - you'll have way more than you need before long, as long as you attend to them daily.)

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
crimsonreaper5 on Sep 1, 2018 wrote:
How did I not know this? Thank you so much for sharing that wee gem of a tip!