Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should they increase the housing item count limit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I recently got back into the game, and found a big interest in decorating my house. I realize this may sound a little lame but hey, to each their own. After having bought numerous Bric-a-Brac elixirs, I was really upset to learn that the item limit actually caps at 350. Surprisingly, at 350 I had only managed to fill up 2 rooms in my Winter Wind Tower.

For a lot of the smaller homes, maybe this makes sense. However, for the bigger houses, such as Winter Wind Tower or Massive fantasy Palace (First ones to come to mind), I do feel the limit needs to be extended, or perhaps even removed all together? I do understand why they'd have a limit, but it is kind of disappointing working on your house for so long, only to find out that for what I have in mind, i'd have to scrap my idea all together, spread out my items a lot more, or maybe even use one of the smaller houses.

I do know that portals are there for a reason, to connect your homes and give you the opportunity to use more items, however I REALLY am wanting to fill up every single room, and make them look genuinely nice.

So what do you guys think? I know that "home decorating" maybe isn't the BIGGEST aspect of the game, but its still there and I know people still enjoy it. Castle tours being a thing is an example of that for sure.

Personally I think for the larger homes, that the item cap should be removed all together, perhaps allowing you to buy an indefinite amount of Bric-a-Brac elixirs. I'm not sure though.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
ManaKitten on May 13, 2017 wrote:
I recently got back into the game, and found a big interest in decorating my house. I realize this may sound a little lame but hey, to each their own. After having bought numerous Bric-a-Brac elixirs, I was really upset to learn that the item limit actually caps at 350. Surprisingly, at 350 I had only managed to fill up 2 rooms in my Winter Wind Tower.

For a lot of the smaller homes, maybe this makes sense. However, for the bigger houses, such as Winter Wind Tower or Massive fantasy Palace (First ones to come to mind), I do feel the limit needs to be extended, or perhaps even removed all together? I do understand why they'd have a limit, but it is kind of disappointing working on your house for so long, only to find out that for what I have in mind, i'd have to scrap my idea all together, spread out my items a lot more, or maybe even use one of the smaller houses.

I do know that portals are there for a reason, to connect your homes and give you the opportunity to use more items, however I REALLY am wanting to fill up every single room, and make them look genuinely nice.

So what do you guys think? I know that "home decorating" maybe isn't the BIGGEST aspect of the game, but its still there and I know people still enjoy it. Castle tours being a thing is an example of that for sure.

Personally I think for the larger homes, that the item cap should be removed all together, perhaps allowing you to buy an indefinite amount of Bric-a-Brac elixirs. I'm not sure though.
I agree with you; I love to decorate as well and I use max amount of items (with full elixirs) and still wish I had more available. The larger homes should have the limit cap raised.

happy decorating

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
Honestly, your overall point is something to be taken into note + is highly agreeable. I find that house / castle decorating is a fond feature of the game, even if it isn't the most significant.

The limits are mainly due to lag / to prevent lag. In all honesty though, most people who have w101 downloaded have pretty stable devices, etc. I doubt housing takes too long to load for the majority of the players.

Personally, imo, I feel that there should be a limit. If there wasn't a limit, there could be a point in which lag could come into hand as a tremendous issue when spawning into castles / homes. However, I do feel like there should be larger Bric-a-Brac elixirs, to a certain extent.

I can understand how Kingsisle might not taking furniture or housing into hand as a major part of w101 gameplay, however I feel that they could try to work on some simple aspects of it, such as releasing some new furniture every month, etc. for the ones who do typically enjoy decorating within the game. Even in p101, you can easily see the tremendous lack of furniture and housing - it's ridiculously sad & disappointing.

Altogether, if Kingsisle were to put more effort + work into incorporating the " home / castle decorating " aspect into the game, it would be a win win for both the players and the developers. Otherwise, in all honesty I literally agree w/ almost every single conclusive point you've made in this thread, haha :"))

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I can understand why there would be a limit. It would stop people from filling their house to the brim with obnoxious things to make other peoples computers crash. But that's all that comes to mind.

I was buying packs and my backpack was full, my attic was full, so I had to resort to just dumping things in an old house. It now looks like a yard sale. But it got to the point where that wasn't even enough.

I get why they put limits on things, but i feel like each house should have their own limit. Maybe 800?