Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shields should be equipment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i think we should get shields for our wizards, they will give block chance.
EX: Everlasting Shield
+200 health
70% block
life only
lvl 58+
they can show up on our left arm since wands are our our right arm.
other example:
Novice shield
+27 health
5 block
lvl 5+
__________________________-
tempest shield
+176 health
70% block
storm only
lvl 58+
_____________________-
Oni Shield
+100 health
30% block
lvl 30+
hope you guys like this idea

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
It would be a good idea, but why would a level 5 have any critical block? You can't critical or block until you're at least level 50, and the critical ratings and block ratings are very low.

Instead, I would recommend it for resistance, but for high level players only. The shields would give maybe a 30-35% resist to a school.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
When have you seen a wizard lugging around a shield?

Or a sword for that matter...oh wait, never mind.

I know, I know, one of the more "contemporary" wizards who had an unhealthy obsession with a certain ring did indeed carry around a sword.

However, typical (western) wizards were normally depicted without weaponry and never with armor, like Merlin.

Also, adding a shield look to the characters may seem simple but as with anything with programming, usually isn't.

While I would love to have another item, and KI might indeed add shields, I just don't see it happening. Besides looking odd for wizards to lug around a shield, it would be far easier to add an item that you would not see during game play, like gloves or an offhand ring.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Really do you have to be so negative? its always good to see the postitive in something stop being pessimistic

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

When have you seen a wizard (other than in Wizard101 etc.) dragging a blade?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
spikey462 wrote:
i think we should get shields for our wizards, they will give block chance.
EX: Everlasting Shield
+200 health
70% block
life only
lvl 58+
they can show up on our left arm since wands are our our right arm.
other example:
Novice shield
+27 health
5 block
lvl 5+
__________________________-
tempest shield
+176 health
70% block
storm only
lvl 58+
_____________________-
Oni Shield
+100 health
30% block
lvl 30+
hope you guys like this idea

I like this idea, and I say shields should give you shield cards too.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mman17 wrote:
When have you seen a wizard (other than in Wizard101 etc.) dragging a blade?

...and your point is? The sword is still a wand; it just looks like a sword.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
jibtherandom wrote:
Really do you have to be so negative? its always good to see the postitive in something stop being pessimistic

How is, "When have you seen a wizard lugging around a shield," negative? Let me give you a clue: it's not. I was asking a legitimate question; the fact that you don't have a legitimate answer is what's making me sound "pessimistic". I'm really not, and when I see an idea that's actually good, you'll see that.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
jibtherandom wrote:

How is, "When have you seen a wizard lugging around a shield," negative? Let me give you a clue: it's not. I was asking a legitimate question; the fact that you don't have a legitimate answer is what's making me sound "pessimistic". I'm really not, and when I see an idea that's actually good, you'll see that.
Uh you do realize that a shield is a good idea right? Wizards don't exist so why can't KI make a wizard that has a shield? Did you make up the idea of wizards so you would know exactly how each and every wizard should look? No. So why is this a bad idea too you?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darthmaul1 wrote:
Uh you do realize that a shield is a good idea right? Wizards don't exist so why can't KI make a wizard that has a shield? Did you make up the idea of wizards so you would know exactly how each and every wizard should look? No. So why is this a bad idea too you?

Uh...you do realize that's just your opinion, right? Just like my opinion is that this idea is a bad one that probably won't happen. No, I didn't create the idea of wizards. However, wizards have been known throughout history to work exclusively with magic, so it wouldn't make any sense for a wizard to carry a shield.