Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharpened blades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
ok so im pretty sure everyone who has the spell sharpen has this problem, "which blades on me are sharpened?!" Im actually struggling with that right now as i type this lol. I really think that when we cast sharpened blades, they should glow or become golden, maybe even sparkle. Just need a good way to know which blades are sharpened ya know? So what do you guys think?

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
Falling with the r... on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
ok so im pretty sure everyone who has the spell sharpen has this problem, "which blades on me are sharpened?!" Im actually struggling with that right now as i type this lol. I really think that when we cast sharpened blades, they should glow or become golden, maybe even sparkle. Just need a good way to know which blades are sharpened ya know? So what do you guys think?
I like the idea I have the same problem ki should add a glow to sharpened blades it would help a lot

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
It's been asked for a lot, but with no response from Kingsisle. I really want it to happen, and not limited to Sharpened Blade and Potent Trap, but also item cards and treasure cards could have something like this so we can tell all of our blades and traps apart.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
We also need a way to tell pet and item cards apart, and a way to tell which we have after a shuffle. Once spells are enchanted they all look the same in your hand, so there is no way at all to know which is which.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dakota Death on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
We also need a way to tell pet and item cards apart, and a way to tell which we have after a shuffle. Once spells are enchanted they all look the same in your hand, so there is no way at all to know which is which.
The card difference is more important in my opinion. A simple solution would be add a P, I, T to Pet, Item and Treasure Card enchanted spell cards. It's especially a pain when using reshuffle. I don't think the visual cue on all the blades/traps is really all that necessary if they made that little change. It would still make players keep track of what they cast and make opponents pay attention in pvp and keep track also. But it would allow the caster to know what he/she is casting.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
The problem with any of this is that in protracted battles we can already end up looking like a revolving Christmas Tree with the blades, infections, mantles, smokescreens and any number of other positive and negative charms whizzing around our heads. I think identifying the blades you have up is mainly a problem in the longer battles so it would only compound the confusion. I agree it would be nice to have some sort of identifier but I don't know that it would really make things easier to sort out in the revolving snowstorm. Maybe our biggest ally in this sort of situation is our memory. I make it a point to keep a pad and pen next to me especially for situations where I know I'm going to be in a fight for an extended period of time. I know, I know, how "old fashioned" is that? But you know what... it works. It works for blades, and it works for feints, hexes and curses too. Those all look the same as well. There comes a time when we need to use our brains and not rely on the game to remind us of what we've done.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, I think it should change but have a different color surrounding the blade.

Darker colors should work well in Darker areas.

Lighter colors would work well in Lighter areas.

Anyone agree?