Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadow Dispels

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2015
I think that it is time for KI to introduce shadow dispels. There are plenty of shadow enemy's in game to shadow dispel. Besides with shadow dispels, it will be a lot easier to farm Omen Stribog.

Shadow dispels please

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If/when they do add one it should cost a shadow pip to cast at the very least. I think 1+1 would be fair.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Ooh, Shadow Dispel or what about a Shadow-Enhanced Dispel? (Like it will dispel Gaze of Fate and Bugs etc?) That would make it so you have to use your Shadow Zero Pip spells.

Defender
May 16, 2009
There's only 10 shadow creatures, and not all of them use primarily shadow spells. I don't think that is enough to warrant a Shadow Dispel. If that were the case, there would also be Moon, Sun, and Star dispels too, which are silly because few people use the Moon school, Sun dispels would primarily be PvE since the only "sun" spell we can actually cast is a cloaked charm/negative charm/ward/trap, and a Star dispel is just a waste of pips and a training point. A shadow dispel would only stop people from casting shrike; it wouldn't effect their shadow-enhanced spells.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I think if they add shadow dispels then they will have to add astral dispels.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
If/when they do add one it should cost a shadow pip to cast at the very least. I think 1+1 would be fair.
Agreed!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
exp613 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
Ooh, Shadow Dispel or what about a Shadow-Enhanced Dispel? (Like it will dispel Gaze of Fate and Bugs etc?) That would make it so you have to use your Shadow Zero Pip spells.
The Shadow-Enhanced Dispel would only be fair if Wizard101 started to release spells that weren't Shadow-Enhanced.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Spark Plasma on Nov 9, 2016 wrote:
There's only 10 shadow creatures, and not all of them use primarily shadow spells. I don't think that is enough to warrant a Shadow Dispel. If that were the case, there would also be Moon, Sun, and Star dispels too, which are silly because few people use the Moon school, Sun dispels would primarily be PvE since the only "sun" spell we can actually cast is a cloaked charm/negative charm/ward/trap, and a Star dispel is just a waste of pips and a training point. A shadow dispel would only stop people from casting shrike; it wouldn't effect their shadow-enhanced spells.
Maybe it could effect shadow-enhanced spells. Also, perhaps there could be an astral dispel? Or maybe a dispel that dispels astral spells, shadow magic, and shadow-enhanced spells?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Trigon101060 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
I think that it is time for KI to introduce shadow dispels. There are plenty of shadow enemy's in game to shadow dispel. Besides with shadow dispels, it will be a lot easier to farm Omen Stribog.

Shadow dispels please
Agreed.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Shadow dispel will be sweet. Plus I'd love to see shadow shield and trap available to purchase since all the others are out there. However I feel sun, moon and star is a different story. The sun and star just gives us defense and offence bonuses. The moon deals with polymorph self spells which isn't commonly used like shadow magic is. On the other hand, why not add dispel to Celestia magic to make matters fair

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
exp613 on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
I agree, Shadow-Enhanced dispel will work too