Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Separate Dungeon & Key Boss Team Up Popup Entry Options Needed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
The addition of the Team Up options popup(questing, farming, # of players) was one of the more deeply needed and meaningful QoL additions to Wiz101 and glad the team added it. However, it never truly addressed a core issue that the community was and still very much so is experiencing that needed this kind of option to begin with. It just further perpetuates that core issue that the *general* separation of farming & questing players doesn't resolve from the main dungeon vs. the hidden key boss content.

It's such a miserable experience because it's such an ongoing chronic issue that we STILL have to be so frustrated by the lack of ability to separate these two player intents for entering into a dungeon via Team Up. It's always just nonstop "I need the full dungeon" or "I only need the key boss" and either everyone leaves wasting everyone's time as this scenario replays attempt after attempt after attempt and just goes nowhere and breeding so much player on player resentment because so much toxicity is generated from the anger of the frustration and everyone is upset and runs get ruined and people quit the game and everyone's night is ruined. THE worst aspect of this is how the system by far disproportionately punishes the *at level* players that need the full dungeon by putting one player on that Team Up time out clock.

My suggestion is really super simple. I don't know how it works on the back end technicals but I'm assuming they may need to have two separate set of options on the popup, one set for the main dungeon and under that one set for the key boss. So, basically just add in a second duplicate line of options on the Team Up popup but for the hidden key boss.
An even simpler solution, if this is possible technically, is to just keep the one set of existing options but add in just two new check boxes at the top where one is for the main dungeon(i.e. The Graveyard) and the other for the key boss(i.e. Aphrodite - key boss). Then players have the ability to chose specifically which dungeon content intent you want to select and then you go to choosing questing or farming and number of players. So basically players would still get pulled into the dungeon as we normally do now, however, the intent that was selected beforehand at Team Up assures everyone pulled in are there for that specific content and can carry on to either their initial content choice and even can still do both if they changed their minds while inside to do everything.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Here is a visual mock up of what I'm describing above for the Team Up options to solve the player entry intent issue.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
This is a highly requested feature from what I've read on the subreddit and twitter responses as you probably also have seen.

I think the idea of having two clicks is probably good though, that will help separate the people just joining Team Up for the Quest even further (I know some people don't know what Farming etc. means)