Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secret Tunnel repeat rate boring

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
How many times did you intend for people to run the secret tunnel farming for a hat and pair of boots and whatever jewels they think they can get their hands on. AFTER about the 50th run, it really does start to get kind of old seeing the same fights over and over again with little success for the effort. Is this how programmers determined to draw out an algorithm for the longest time possible and still not deliver on the anticipated reward are keeping players attracted to a video game? it boggles the mind in how college graduate level programmers figured out that this kind of strategy is fun. INCREASE the drop rates for the things so players can move on to other more interesting things on their lists of thing they want to accomplish before you are forced to shut the game down in the future!!

Explorer
Feb 19, 2010
The only way I got the boots is from other wizards on my account. My storm wizard got the ice and death boots and my ice got the storm boots. My fire got myth and life boots and my life got the fire boots. So, I have come to the conclusion that if you want the boots, you need to use another wizard to get them. I Never got boots for the specific wizard I was farming with.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
today, I am looking for an ice hat and a death deck. been at it since 6am this morning and it's now coming up on 3pm and still nothing. getting lots of storm stuff and I don't even have a storm wizard on this account. sold seeds and interstellar stuff so many times now that I am getting too full on +10 pet snacks. what gives?

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Can you PLEASE for the love of everything that is holy, Please, Please stop giving me duplicates and triplicates of every other school hat. I already have plenty of them and don't need any more. ENOUGH already!!!

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
the last boss stops dropping gear stuff after about the tenth time fighting him. all I have received from him for four consecutive fights is jewels, reagents, and seeds. or he stops dropping gear after 7pm pacific time. not sure which is true but one has occurred.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Did you see what Catherine said?

You may have to use an off school wizard to gain the gear you're looking for. Just like how you're gaining gear for other schools except your own.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
I have switched wizards every couple hours. Today I cleared my inventory down to two cabal pieces in each category.
for my death wizard I sold 2 cabal hats, 1 shoes, 2 athames, 1 medallion
for my myth wizard I sold 1 cabal hat, 3 shoes, 1 athame, 5 medallions
for my ice wizard I sold 7 cabal shoes, 1 medallion
for my level 5 fire wizard I sold 2 each of each item
for my level 12 life wizard I sold 3 cabal hats, 2 shoes

That's a skewed result and seems to favor giving you all the stuff you either have many many duplicates for or can't use at all.

Switching wizards does not impact the results whatsoever. It may seem that way but that's just the randomness of the issue.

After 3 days I would think that the randomness would have been overcome but it is still just as miserable now as it was three days ago. Thanks Kingsisle for figuring out the one perfect algorithm that has the most frustrating result ever. it's perfectly frustrating and you had to get a bachelor degree to figure it out. that's even more awesome

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
changing wizards has no effect on drop chances. still getting other random duplicate hats that are not needed AND have already been earned and distributed.

My other account, I had all three of my max wizards in all the cabal gear this run has to offer inside of a day, maybe a day and a half. I even had my level 118 balance wizards ready to be geared when they hit 125.

Why should I expect any different pattern for drops using another account. the drops should average out over time but this is not the case. Has my account been altered to prevent the ice hat from dropping at all or is there a flaw in the program that is defeating these averages.

Why punish one wizard with a horrible drop rate while rewarding other wizards with a less frustrating gaming experience. Why would you allow that to occur at all hiding behind some random number generator as the fault to the issue. The gaming experience still suffers after 3 days with little reward for the effort! Analyze that for once. reduce the size of the mountains or average them all out to be the same size for all players.

You can't say I didn't put forth the effort and that not all players deserve to be geared to full. I did put forth the effort and the number generator just didn't cooperate. reward the effort after awhile or is the intent that some players should go through this grueling process and not be rewarded in roughly the same average amount of time? Why would you even say something like that?

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
I got the ice hat, and it's really bad for our school. Gives no resist, damage is nice but nothing special.

As for Catherine's post, yeah, I'd imagine that could help, seeing as I have the following boots:

Fire
Myth
Life
Death
Balance

Unsure if I have storm or not, but I might.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Your loot denial system has ensured that all my other wizards on this account have been geared 5 or 6 times over at day 5 with the exception of the one ice hat that this system has deemed so important that it is refusing to distribute it to any character on this account.. But rest assured, I now have more +7 pet snacks that I will probably never get to use and my jewel inventory has been almost completely turned over on all wizards at least 3 times. must say thank you and condemn you at the same time because the elusive hat is still MIA.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
at day 7, stopped passing other wizards cabal gear through shared bank as they all have at least 2 of each item already stored. have sold close to 4 times that much for all other wizards and yet I still can't get one "not allowed descriptor" ice hat. I can't believe that you really intended to make this dungeon this frustrating. with all the other fun things to do in this game, you actually made it impossible for some wizards to get their gear in a timely manner while others get theirs and move on to other projects. what are you thinking? Is Eternity not long enough for you?

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
"Have any of you found the key..." - listen to this 1000 times and come back to me and tell me you are still sane!

End of Day 8 and no joy

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Most people I talk too say it should not take nine days to get a hat from this instance. I am requesting assistance with this issue. Push it up to whoever you need to but this is getting old. They are saying three or four days is more normal

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
just use team up and enter instance and go afk for each fight till the system decides to drop the thing I suppose. why go through the fights a thousand times and click the same cards over and over again each time. at some point, even that begins to get monotonous. This is how frustrating you made this. can't spend all day everyday for nine days doing one instance and not get the drop. something else is going on.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
wow, I get three cabal drops in one fight and remarkably after 600 fights or so I still can't manage to get an ice hat. what are the odds at that happening?

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
you all are making the farming take much too long for it to seem remotely gratifying. ten days farming one instance for one hat is too long. If your goal as a company is just to frustrate your players in the hopes they will eventually just give up on the farming and hence the game then you are succeeding magnificently.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
I can't tell you how boring it gets killing the same two bosses every ten minutes all day long for ten days. The third boss in this dungeon only drops gear 1 out of 4 times on average so proceeding to him starts to get pointless since I am selling almost all jewels that I am getting from this run only because all my wizards on this account now have at least 2 of each item this run provides stored in their vaults already. This includes all jewels and gear. ten days of doing this run every ten minutes (just long enough for a kiosk cooldown timer to expire) all day long drops more than can ever be stored and must be converted into gold or lost. I can only assume that KI staff intended this to be frustrating for those poor kids and adults who have no patience for extended run days for items that are of little consequence in the end. it is just a game after and I am quite sure they could care less anyways.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
you know, with eight wizards across two accounts, it would be awesome to finally be able to focus on doing pet training for awhile but if it's really supposed to take more than ten days to farm for stuff then pet training will never happen. I know that you are trying to keep you top performing front leading people entertained but it's only a game and not all of us can be as stellar as those at the front. if I have to spend ten days looking for a number generator to finally cooperate to be able to get the check in the block for one ICE HAT then how many more days will I have to spend on pet training for each of those wizards to be remotely optimized. Reduce the length f time it takes to do each item so it's manageable. stop dragging it out day after day after day. It gets old doing this same process for each undertaking you want to accomplish

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
looks like a good place to stop a subscription. you won't get another dime from me or my kids till your precious number generator drops that hat.

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
matveixx on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
What tunnel?
Secret tunnel in Empyrea

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
The cabal set is one of the best sets in the game, thus I believe it should be very hard to get. It is not necessary to have, so if you want it you have to grind for it. If it takes months then it takes months. I don't see how putting in effort for high tier items is a problem...

Survivor
May 19, 2009
I find the drop rate to be fine, idk if im the only one... But I got my cabal gear the first day empyrea came out, for such easy fights I think the drop rate should be low.