Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Second Chance for Morganthe & Tartarus?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
It's kinda annoying to have the drops in Tartarus be so low THEN Morganthe too. It's just too MUCH grinding to get what we need. Having a second chest would help in those areas as well as the side chambers where the ring and athame are dropped in Tartarus and Mount Olympus.

I'm serious... HELP! All of this grinding gets boring quick and makes it not fun anymore imo.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
This won't and shouldn't happen. It would be the same thing as selling the gear in the shop. As for grinds, it's a bit ridiculous that all but one that you mention is only a single battle. I understand complaints about Hades, but seriously, it's laughable to call Cronus, Morganthe and the Gladiator a "grind". They are all single fights with nothing to do before getting to them. They are all soloable fights. How exactly would allowing people to buy rare drops make the game MORE fun? It would only stop people from playing more.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
92
You said everything I'd like to say, nothing else to add.

Community Leader
I would at least like second chance chest at Morganthe and Hades fights. But yes it's a grind and it's getting boring. Especially when you have multiple wizards and it's just too much. It's simply not fun anymore trying to farm Tartarus a hundred times getting a complete set for a single wizard. Tartarus is LONG and tough. Nobody has the time to keep farming it over and over and over. Then we have to farm Morganthe whose drop rate got dropped again for the amulet mostly. Then I gotta farm two separate side bosses in Aquila for the knife and ring. It simply is all over the place and makes me feel frustrated.

I have been hearing similar complains from everyone I talk to about this. It just seems a bit crazy to me to make people sit in a chair for hours and hours trying to get ONE single item for weeks on end. Then start all over again for ANOTHER item.

Oh well. Whatever floats your boat lol. But this is the reason why I don't farm Tartarus anymore. After doing it for my fire, I gave up. I don't want to do it for my other 9 max level characters. I do remember farming in Dragonspyre was a whole more fun than this. Oh yea, Malistaire at least had a second chance chest.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Kelsey Fireheart on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I would at least like second chance chest at Morganthe and Hades fights. But yes it's a grind and it's getting boring. Especially when you have multiple wizards and it's just too much. It's simply not fun anymore trying to farm Tartarus a hundred times getting a complete set for a single wizard. Tartarus is LONG and tough. Nobody has the time to keep farming it over and over and over. Then we have to farm Morganthe whose drop rate got dropped again for the amulet mostly. Then I gotta farm two separate side bosses in Aquila for the knife and ring. It simply is all over the place and makes me feel frustrated.

I have been hearing similar complains from everyone I talk to about this. It just seems a bit crazy to me to make people sit in a chair for hours and hours trying to get ONE single item for weeks on end. Then start all over again for ANOTHER item.

Oh well. Whatever floats your boat lol. But this is the reason why I don't farm Tartarus anymore. After doing it for my fire, I gave up. I don't want to do it for my other 9 max level characters. I do remember farming in Dragonspyre was a whole more fun than this. Oh yea, Malistaire at least had a second chance chest.
Tartarus is only long if you take a full party of 4, but even so it takes less than an hour. Morganthe isn't even comparable. It's a single battle that doesn't take that long at all. You are farming for an item in the final room of the game for now. What exactly are you planning on doing once you get it? Wait around for the next world release some time in November if we are lucky? Selling rare gear will just make people quit playing all that much quicker.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
8
I'm currently foccusing on storyline quests not farming aquila.
I haven't even tried mount olympus yet
Level 72 necromancer

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
24
there are lots of stuff to do in the game other than farming. every time im on people keep asking me for help, but all i can say to them is "sorry im farming Morganthe" after 100+ (probably a lot more) times farming Morganthe, all ive got is a storm athame and a ice ring. I have a life wiz, so i really got no need for those. If they cant make a 2nd chance chest they could at least make the drops school specific. (but even then the drop rate is way too low) Im sure there are a lot of people who like farming several hours a day for months, but i rather spend the time helping others or decorating my house. I just hope its still possible to progress in the future updates without farming until death.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
96
Seethe42, Kelsey, I sort of agree with both of you.

If you made it too easy to get, people would get bored, and wander off. Rare drops are just that, rare. Don't expect to get them, and act surprised when they do.

Should they have a 'second chance chest'? After numerous runs in Hades, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Drop rate as it stands, my pet loves the place more than I do. (omNOMNOMNOM!) I have given up going, see it as a huge waste of time, and other people I know do as well. Levels achieved, Morganth is shorter, and amulets are comparable to anything in Hades.

So how do we fix. Happy medium. Good question.

I see the need for rare items to be just that, rare. If everyone had one, then it wouldn't be rare, would it. No gratification when ya do get it. I also see a huge gap between buy-able common gear and these 'rare drops'. This of course explains the mad rush on these dungeons.

Suggestion? Lets look back to Helephant tower and Wintertusk. Helephant tower had a rare drop ring, which i 'accidentally' got at level 94? helping a friend. At the time, too long, too much trouble, farmed some but didn't completely lose it over a dungeon. Why was this?

In Wintertusk, there was a recipe vendor for wands, rings, and athames. While they were not quite as good as the 'epic drops', they were a close second. This did not stop me from farming, and when I didn't get the rare drop I was not put out. Leveling happened, time passed, and there was no hard feelings.

Looking at the crafting stuff in the second half of Khrysalis? Meh. Just meh. Wands look cool to stitch. Deck is about the only interesting thing (personal opinion).

Sooooooo..... If there was an unlockable 'shortcut' to Hades, like there is with Morganth? Think about crafting gear that is between the rare and common? Save posts, hard feelings, and people leaving.

p.s. My friend Seth Sandstalker officially 'took a break' over this very thing. Huge hint.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
mebbenow on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Seethe42, Kelsey, I sort of agree with both of you.

If you made it too easy to get, people would get bored, and wander off. Rare drops are just that, rare. Don't expect to get them, and act surprised when they do.

Should they have a 'second chance chest'? After numerous runs in Hades, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Drop rate as it stands, my pet loves the place more than I do. (omNOMNOMNOM!) I have given up going, see it as a huge waste of time, and other people I know do as well. Levels achieved, Morganth is shorter, and amulets are comparable to anything in Hades.

So how do we fix. Happy medium. Good question.

I see the need for rare items to be just that, rare. If everyone had one, then it wouldn't be rare, would it. No gratification when ya do get it. I also see a huge gap between buy-able common gear and these 'rare drops'. This of course explains the mad rush on these dungeons.

Suggestion? Lets look back to Helephant tower and Wintertusk. Helephant tower had a rare drop ring, which i 'accidentally' got at level 94? helping a friend. At the time, too long, too much trouble, farmed some but didn't completely lose it over a dungeon. Why was this?

In Wintertusk, there was a recipe vendor for wands, rings, and athames. While they were not quite as good as the 'epic drops', they were a close second. This did not stop me from farming, and when I didn't get the rare drop I was not put out. Leveling happened, time passed, and there was no hard feelings.

Looking at the crafting stuff in the second half of Khrysalis? Meh. Just meh. Wands look cool to stitch. Deck is about the only interesting thing (personal opinion).

Sooooooo..... If there was an unlockable 'shortcut' to Hades, like there is with Morganth? Think about crafting gear that is between the rare and common? Save posts, hard feelings, and people leaving.

p.s. My friend Seth Sandstalker officially 'took a break' over this very thing. Huge hint.
I suggested a happy medium a long time ago. Hades should have a Summon button like Jadi Oni and Nastrond. That way people could repeat just the final battle without slogging through the whole thing again. Morganthe I think was a good medium. By separating the Gauntlet and main fight they made it easier on people farming without selling it outright with chests.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
405
seethe42 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I suggested a happy medium a long time ago. Hades should have a Summon button like Jadi Oni and Nastrond. That way people could repeat just the final battle without slogging through the whole thing again. Morganthe I think was a good medium. By separating the Gauntlet and main fight they made it easier on people farming without selling it outright with chests.
I like this summon idea much better than a pay chest. If the gear is too rare, there should be a better drop rate, or a way to do more fights as you suggest. Using crowns would be unfairly "pay to win".

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
96
seethe42 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I suggested a happy medium a long time ago. Hades should have a Summon button like Jadi Oni and Nastrond. That way people could repeat just the final battle without slogging through the whole thing again. Morganthe I think was a good medium. By separating the Gauntlet and main fight they made it easier on people farming without selling it outright with chests.
Agreed. Chests would turn it into a raffle-ticket like draw. Some would get it, and wander away, others wouldn't, and come on the forums to rip about blowing their crowns. I believe having it the way you described would be the best plan.

I still hold my position on the reference to Wintertusk crafting though. If it takes quite a bit to craft, it should be worth it, and that is not what I am seeing craftwise.

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
289
this would be nice, i tossed out 30k c's to get the jade outfit to jade tank and boost who ever i am with for morganthe.

with about 1700 morganthe runs and not a single upgrade i could use and a good 1500+ runs on hades with out seeing the good robe. I have the hat and 2 mastery items life and balance. But nothing from morganthe but trash.

my sub ended and i will not be re subbing until a new expansion comes out again. I would like to pvp but again i need the good hades robe and the 2x blade divine 2.0 from morganthe to even bother at max level. Even doing these camps as a full tme job and more sometimes to not see any results is a joke.

you lost me as a member until new content comes outs, very board with game and doing the same came over and over for nothing.

Cheers,

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
452
It would be nice if you had one second chance battle and then you had to do it again if you didn't get anything.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Journeyman

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
291
Kelsey,
I completely agree with everything you said.
Either this, or raise the chances of drops, or even let us pull a switch to spawn Hades again.
I really wish Kingsisle would listen to their faithful community on this, who have been complaining since this came out on day one. I have farmed Hades over twenty times, and while to those who play the game way too much may find that minuscule, for me, it is a LOT. A lot of time wasted at that, only recieving a staff of Hades in the process, which is really only for critical, and being a storm with low block, I was looking for more of a neutral wand.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
5
hi429q on May 15, 2014 wrote:
I'm currently foccusing on storyline quests not farming aquila.
I haven't even tried mount olympus yet
Level 72 necromancer
Dude this is a bad decision. Water works and poseidon gear is key for a person of your lvl. Yes it is possible to do all the mai quest with out the good gear, yet saying that it is a major struggle, especially for a death. That is if your soloing.